2009 Chevrolet Tahoe

I love this car!

by from ALpharetta,ga on July 29, 2010

My family size recently increased with the addition of 2 step daughters. My husband and I spent over a week researching large SUV's and then spent a day in search of a tahoe. We are thrilled with the 2009 LT flexfuel. It is roomy, is to drive, and looks great! I highly reccomend this vehicle. It took me a little while to get used to driving it becuase of the size but once you get used to it, it is easy to manuever.

Great SUV for towing

by from Elkton, MD on September 2, 2012

Recently purchased this 2009 Tahoe LTZ 34K miles. Lots of options, looks nice, and rides well for a large SUV. The back-up camera and rear air suspension makes towing my large boat much easier than my old Yukon. The interior is comfortable although a little cheap looking with all the plastic fake woodgrain. Could use a few leather trim accents on the doors. Truck has been reliable so far but we've only traveled 4000 miles. Has an extended warranty till 48K so really no worries till after that. A little disappointed with the highway gas MPG. Gets good mileage at 55-60 mph but drops a few mpg at 70-75. Still a couple mpg better than the old truck though. Otherwise, really enjoy this truck and seems like it will do the job for us.

A Great Ride !

by from North Carolina on April 16, 2012

Bought a 2001 Tahoe new and liked it soooo much that I wanted another one so last month I got a 2009 with 30,000 miles and so far it's a dream to drive. I know gas mileage is a drawback but it's the tradeoff I am willing to make for the comfort, space and safety. I shopped around looking at fullsized SUVs and this was superior to the others. I wanted my gears on the steering wheel and not in the console AND I wanted a bench front seat like my 2001 Tahoe. I am very glad Chevrolet still made the bench seat in 2009. Looking forward to my years with my "new " Tahoe.

BEST SUV ON THE MARKET

by from Atlanta, GA on July 24, 2012

Let me tell you, this is the Cadillac Escalade with the price of the Chevrolet Tahoe!!! I love my SUV. The way it handles the road well, a nice, smooth ride. . .feels like you are on a first-class flight. I love the dynamics of the interior, the radio, the volume control on the steering wheels, everything is catered to the driver. You truly feel like a pilot flying a plane. My family enjoys the heating/cooling vents throughout the 2nd and 3rd rows, this makes family trips to wherever very peaceable, during the 90+ degree days. THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! I went from a Kia Sorrento (after never owning a foreign car) to a Chevrolet Tahoe. . . I told my family, I am back home:-)

Love My Tahoe

by from Oahu, HI on February 7, 2014

I'm 4'11" in height and it doesn't matter in this vehicle. Seats and mirrors adjust so I have full visibility of my surroundings.

great ride

by from Fl. on October 4, 2014

not my first one , road in other makes nothing compares to a Tahoe Z-71 4x4 drive it for work 3648 mi. first week very reliable

Very nice vehicle

by from Eastern North Carolina on August 10, 2014

Low-mileage used example; great value; great Interior & paint.... Not so nice Dashboard...: I had to pay dealer to replace the dashboard - I noticed the cracks after the purchase.... Te dealership "worked with me" on the cost, and performed the replacement very professionally (Thanks Medlin GMC/Wilson NC!). The 5.3L engine has a reputation for valvetrain, and oil-consumption issues - I've experienced none of these issues: engine is very quiet, and I'm using the recommended oil. Very proud to own this beautiful vehicle!

Mostly good , can be improved

by from Michigan on January 16, 2012

My 2009 Tahoe has been a great SUV. There is one thing that I think can be improved on, the location of the HVAC controls and displays. These controls are a long way from the drivers line of sight and the lettering is small. It seems unsafe to take your eyes off the road to find the buttons you need to change the settings on the HVAC. They should be located much higher in the dash.

09 Tahoe

by from NY on January 28, 2010

Big drawback is the third row doesn't fold flat. The Factory GPS is not very good, I have a portable GPS 3 years old that is much better. That being said, it's a good car, very comfotable and I would recommend it

Great truck, but

by from Long Island on July 8, 2010

Great truck, but you can go broke putting gas into it and it's little underpowered. It should be powered the same as the Cadillac, and GMC