Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2008 Tahoe Hybrid

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid

4.3

Have You Driven the 2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid?

I am impressed!!

by Roberto from Atlanta on Mon Apr 27 2009

I have put 22k miles on my Hybrid Tahoe and can find nothing wrong with it but a few things that could have been done better, like 3rd row seats, no luggage rack, more storage. But these minor inconviences are easy to overlook given the luxurious interior, great navigation and gadgets galore. My tahoe has averaged 20.5 mpg and I havent changed my driving habits at all. I still am a leadfoot and have been pleasantly surprised with the performance in mpg despite my habit.

2008 Tahoe hybrid not a good vehicle

by Scott from Burlington Iowa on Mon Jul 24 2017

I bought this car used with just under 100,000 miles on it. Had oil changed right away used full synthetic and mobile one filter every time I changed oil. I put 25,000 miles on this vehicle in 4 months all hwy miles. So I drive a lot thought when I purchased this vehicle I would save a lot on fuel economy. However when the engine blow out the number one cylinder all those savings were meaningless. After some research on this particular model tahoe hybrid this is a common thing. (Wish I would have done that before I purchased)

Does not recommend this car!!

Excellent Vehicle

by Tahoe Hybrid Driver from Middleton, Wisconsin on Fri Jan 23 2009

I have been driving around in my Tahoe Hybrid for almost one year now. I have racked up 9,000 miles, and have enjoyed every single one. First of all, I can say that this car delivers really good fuel economy. Our AWD model gets 23 mpg in the city, about 20 on the highway. The performance is decent for a big SUV, but nothing special. It has a great sound system, and the navigation setup and accuracy is by far better than any foreign car, and I can say that being an owner of a Toyota Highlander and a Honda Accord. Another plus is the seats, which are incredibly comfortable and supportive. The cabin is quiet, as are the mechanicals. One thing you should consider: This car costs around $50,000, and comes pretty much fully loaded. IF you build and price a Toyota Sequoia or Nissan Armada, you will find that they cost more, and do not offer the same fuel economy.

engine gave up at 135k

by jcarlosg from anacortes wa on Sun May 28 2017

bought used from dealer with 1 owner 115k, drove great untill engines main bearing broke at 134k. the previous owners must of been tough on the truck or this must be a common defect on the 6.0 engines.

Does not recommend this car!!

Greatly Exceeded Expectations

by Soccer Dad from Dallas, TX on Mon Feb 25 2008

Handling, acceleration and braking are superior comapred to typical GM full-sized SUV because of the electrical components and Hybrid system. Ride is nice, and the ameneties are plentiful. (They better be at this price!) Traction battery takes up under-seat storage in the 2nd row and legroom in the 3rd-row. This is not a problem with little kids, but less useful for a night out with a gang of grown-ups. Also, there are no 'LATCH' car seat connectors in the seat directly behind the driver. I have 2 car seats. I typical put the infant seat on the driver side and booster on the passenger side to facilitate getting into the 3rd row. I'm not sure of the logic of leaving out the driver-side position. Only other caveat is that there is no spare tire to save weight. There is an air compressor with a can of sealant, but GM seems to think road-side assitance/OnStar is enough. Although, I really can't remember the last time I actually had to change a tire on the side of the road, so it may not turn out to be a big deal. It has only been a week, but in-town driving has yeilded better fuel economy than my 2001 Impala. This car has really exceeded my expectations.

Hybrid Tahoe

by allballfan from North Carolina on Fri Jul 22 2011

One of the best vehicles I have ever owned. I never should have let it go. I will get another one. 21.5 MPG city or highway. Extremely comfortable ride with decent fuel mileage. Most big vehicles this size suck gas!

Excellent Tahoe Hybrid

by emtpcpr from Chicago, IL on Thu Oct 02 2008

The new Chevy Tahoe Hybrid with the two mode hybrid system is excellent. Great power, style and saves on gas....what more can you ask for.

Lots of power & great gas mileage!

by StretchedRex on Wed Mar 14 2018

One of my favorite Chevys. Has a ton of power, great fuel ecomomy and I like the fact that engine run time is cut nearly in half compared to non hybrid cars. It looks better IMO too!

fun, reliable, good gas mileage

by owner: 2008 tahoe hybrid from Novato, Ca on Tue Jan 19 2010

I love my 2008 TAHOE HYBRID - last car was a Toyota 4 Runner, the HYBRID is far more outstanding. I'm getting 22 mpg in the city, the car handles well, great sound system, and perfect if you have a dog.

Great fuel efficiency

by Errand Lady from San Antonio, Texas on Mon Jul 07 2008

Much better mileage than my 2001 Tahoe, which I loved. Handles great, very quiet I wonder if it's on at times. Beautiful exterior, standard luxary features are great (sun roof, dvd etc.) Third row seats are in the way for daily cargo (groceries) kind of useless. Less strorage compartments than old model and no luggage rack. Head rests on second row seats create bad blind spot and don't fold down or remove. Interior is very comfortable better seat belt that doesn't choke you. All controls are easy to reach and read. Single CD player is a drag but the XM radio makes up for it. Front bumper is low and it's easy to hit curbs. This I definitely don't like I'm used to rolling over any thing. I have to treat this vehicle like a luxuary car rather than a haul anything truck. Over all I do love it and would recommend to everyone. It's about time a large vehicle does'nt have to guzzle fuel. People are very surprised when I say it's a Hybrid..advertise more!

1 2