2010 Traverse

2010 Chevrolet Traverse

2010 Chevrolet Traverse

4.4

Have You Driven the 2010 Chevrolet Traverse?

Perfect for a large family!

by Mogulskier from Ashburn, Va on Sun Oct 07 2018

My wife?s daily driver for the past 8 years. Very reliable and safe with all-wheel drive and seating for 8! Goes great in the snow!

This is the nices car that we have had for Janice.

by Ted J Wiegand from 1101 Titus Ave. Titusville FL> 32796 on Thu Oct 18 2018

This car will help Janice ariund for she only has one leg and when we get the hand controls installing she will be free to go Thanks Guys

REALLY satisfied with this vehicle!

by schoolhopper from Lexington, KY on Sun Jan 30 2011

I've had my Traverse for three months. I really enjoy all of the comfort features and gadgets. The handling is firm and responsive, and I don't feel like I'm in a giant truck. It did take a bit of getting used to the view out the rear window. Access to the third row seats is surprisingly easy (from looking, I thought I'd have to strain my back, but don't). I was frustrated that the MP3 dock is only for Ipods (no other brands). The only performance issue I've had is that when you floor the accelerator, it has so much torque that you'll burn rubber. Probably cool for torque enthusiasts, but I just want the car to go. I still don't care for the cosmetic look of the tailgate, but other than that, I'm extremely satisfied with the vehicle. Gas mileage is about 17 for a daily commute with stoplights, up to 22 for a 5 hour highway trip.

Over the van - Got a great Crossover SUV

by TraverseMom from Denver, CO on Mon Sep 19 2011

I am a mom of three and tried the minivan thing for 3 years. It was okay but just was not ME. I found it impossible to keep clean and while the convenience was great, I hated the way it looked and was not a big fan of sitting so low and way in the front while I drove. I knew I wanted a cross-over SUV and we are a buy-American family. I had my eye on a Buick Enclave before we started officially shopping, but as we went along, I just couldn't justify the extra cost for not a whole lot of improvement. I bought a 2010 used vehicle. I really wanted leather and heated seats but it was next to impossible to find unless we went with the LTZ. Those were limited and often had more miles and I wasn't a big fan of the leather. We ended up getting the LT and the dealership worked with an auto detail shop to recover the seats with leather and heat the front seats as well as put in a dvd player. The cost was minimal and the leather ended up being GORGEOUS. I carpool all the time and the car is easy for the kids to get in and out of. I will say that with high backed boosters, the seat belts are pretty fussy -- they get stuck a lot. Very irritating. Other than that, it's been a wonderful car. I drive pretty far for work and we just took it on an 8 hour car trip recently. My dad rode in the passenger seat and kept commenting on how comfortable and quiet the ride was. I have had several people ask me about it -- I think it's a great looking vehicle. The one thing that I have found to be annoying is that the console between the front seats has the air/heat controls for the back 2 rows. It is VERY easy to get bumped and will turn off/on, get turned up/down by accident ALL. OF. THE. TIME. On our car trip, we had our child's car seat in the middle of the 2nd row and he was kicking that thing the entire time. We eventually had to rig some sort of blocking device under his feet. I will say that the cargo room is MUCH less than in the van because it sits up so much higher but it's still adequate, especially with the third row folded down. Overall, I'm very happy with the car.

Well thought out

by Tom from Western Colorado on Thu Jan 28 2010

Pluses - The Traverse is a very comfortable vehicle for a person who needs a lot of interior space. This SUV was well thought out with enough space in the third seat for adults and good access for those people to get to the rear seat. When the third seat is folded down there is a LOT of baggage space. - The Traverse is very quiet (I don't have the sun roof) even with a ski rack on top. - OnStar is a great bonus feature. This is my first vehicle with it and I would not be without it now. - It handles great in the snow. Minuses - I've only driven the Traverse for two months but lots of highway and local driving. The gas mileage has been a bit disappointing - 18 to 19 mpg with maybe 20 on the highway. - One gripe is that the car did not come with roof racks. The car looks like it has the front to rear rails but it is just a plastic trim piece. You have to order the hardware separately. - It would be a great feature to have the pushbutton ignition but I'm learning to live without it. - The pricetag was a bit high but competitive with similar vehicles.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Best riding AWD crossover but poor mileage

by Commuter Jack from Pueblo, CO on Thu Apr 28 2011

I use this vehicle for a 1000 mile per week commute on rural 2 lane roads. I have been impressed with the stability and smooth ride on poor roads. The AWD, size, and vehicle weight help make it safe and reliable but the performance is mediocre. They say that the kinks have been worked out of the automatic 6 speed transmission but it still shifts poorly and hunts for gears in demanding acceleration and deceleration. The fit and finish is only fair as a Chevy should be but the front bucket seats need to be larger and more comfortable for long trips. My worst criticism is for the poor fuel mileage. It is rated at 23 mpg and the best I have ever achieved is 21 on the highway at 65 mph. And in the wind this big SUV wannabe never gets above the teens on the open road. That's the trade-off for having a large and safe AWD.

Motor Issues

by jdpwkp from Northport on Tue May 30 2017

I have had trouble with the motor since I purchased the vehicle. Originally, I had to replace the driveshaft after year 3 and recently had to replace the timing belt. The timing belt was loose and caused the motor to jump time. Everything else is GREAT. I love the look of the car and the overall convenience the car has to offer.

Does not recommend this car!!

very good ride for large vehicle

by sam from zion il on Fri Apr 16 2010

excellent car for large families or grand kids rides and drives better than any suv or mini van I have rode in.

Always in the shop

by busymom from Chicago, IL on Tue Sep 13 2011

We bought a brand new 2010 at the end of 09. Within 3 months the electrical system blew and needed to be replaced. A few months after that the tires were found defective and were replaced. The cloth seats started to stretch and wrinkle and needed to fixed. NOW the steering wheel is making a terrible noise at every turn. The dealer said Chevy is aware of the problem but has NO part or fix for it. Infact he said eventually there will be a recall for the steering problem.

Does not recommend this car!!

THE BEST CAR I HAVE EVER HAD!!!!

by sports car review specialist from New York, NY on Tue Aug 24 2010

The chevrolet traverse is the best car that i think i have ever had in my life. It is very reliable and my kids love it! i would suggest this car for anyone who needs to fit a lot of cargo and a lot of people doesn't want to buy i truck. I will always recommend traverses.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2010 Chevrolet Traverse

As car buyers gravitate away from SUVs and minivans toward three-row crossovers, the Chevy Traverse has become one of GM's biggest successes. Its good looks, winning drivability and interior quality help it compete well with the rest of the class.

For 2010, the Chevy Traverse remains relatively unchanged from the 2009 model reviewed last year, when the crossover was all-new. You can see what's changed between the two here, or read our 2009 review here. For this review, I tested the top-of-the-line LTZ, front-wheel-drive model that starts at $37,985; the base Traverse starts at $29,224. Our tester's MSRP, with options and destination fee, was more than $41,000.

Utility for Families