2012 Chevrolet Volt

My dream car, but a little too pricey right now

by from Holland, Michigan on September 18, 2017

It's a great car if you can afford it. The only downside might be handling in the snow. I loved the way it went integrated the battery and internal combustion engine. I also loved the gas mileage. I like this car better than the Prius because the battery is recharged at a charging station, rather than by the gas engine. I also like this car better than the Leaf that I owned because you can only go a few miles in the Leaf and then you have to recharge. You can take this car anywhere.
Not Rated Reliability

Incredible Fuel Efficiency

by from Vancouver WA on August 11, 2017

We purchased this car brand new, received the federal $7500 tax credit, since new are at 290 MPG. The car is comfortable and accelerates car quickly. So impressed with not giving money to the oil companies we've decided to step up to a fully electric vehicle. Highly recommend this especially as a used car since they are very affordable.

Most fuel efficient car I've owned

by from Lancaster, CA on July 31, 2017

So far this car has been great. I charge at home for about a dollar, and when they install chargers at work I can charge for free there, so 1$x30 days x 12 months = 360 dollars a year for communting. Compare that to the thousands of dollars I would spend for gas.

Love the volt. It does everything I need !

by from New Market,Md on July 23, 2017

Everything about the car is great! It is comfortable and has lots of features. I drive mostly on electric and only see a gas station a couple times a year.

Sporty looking electric

by from Orlando, FL on July 12, 2017

Not great mileage on a charge, about 40 miles. But that's usually enough to get you to work and back with some charge remaining. It's great having the fuel though. So, when the battery is drained, you still have about 250 of fuel range. Put it in Sport Mode for a little boost in power at lower speeds.

This is a great car!

by from Shawnee, KS on June 27, 2017

I love the efficiency and amazing MPG, this cars has tons on convenient technology, that is user friendly. A great versatile efficient car.

Can't beat an electric ride

by from Lima, ohio on June 20, 2017

Over the 66,000 miles I have put on the chevy volt, I continue to have a lifetime average of 116mpg. The chevy volt is perfect for around town and for road trips.

I love driving without gas in total comfort!

by from Mt. Juliet on June 19, 2017

The Chevy Volt is a wonderful car, it plugs in to a standard household plug, and has a gasoline generator that kicks in seamlessly once the battery is depleted. With instant torque, one gear (both on battery and generator), and very comfortable seating and storage, it is a great way to get around in comfort, around town, or on a trip. The generator is incredibly efficient, on a 1800 mile trip, we fueled up 3 times. The money saved on gasoline and maintenance, the use of EV lane, made this car an easy choice for our family.

I love this car

by from Kissimmee on June 18, 2017

I test drove a second generation Chevy Volt and I test drove a prison. I've got to say this car fits my needs so much better than the prius. I've driven about 550 miles since I filled the gas tank and still have 2/3,of the tank full . It's not a race car and if you drive more than 45 miles a day you'll use some gasoline .But it is comfortable and quiet with room for four and a good size area for whatever you buy at the grocery store. I'm happy with this purchase.

Drives like our BMW, economical, electric/gas.

by from Mt. Juliet on May 26, 2017

One of the best vehicles we've ever owned. Drives solid like our BMW. Highest safety ratings, which was a priority. Standard 220 regular outlet plug in electric power up to 34 miles, then seamlessly converts to gas generator power which gets unbelievable milage, 93 highway/95 city. It utilizes brakes to recapture energy, so more miles in city with stop and go traffic. Torque is unbelievable, uphill power far excels regular motor vehicles. It came with a Bose sound system/speakers, no distortion, perfect bass/treble, excellent. I used to compete with stereo systems, so my standards are high. This is a great way to transition into electric vehicles. Has true seating for 4 adults, with comfort, and hatchback with ample space for luggage/groceries. A complete pleasure to drive, no regrets on this purchase. Ready to buy another one (or more) to pass this one onto our children.