2013 Chevrolet Volt

Volt 36k loaded 120 MPG 34-42miles/charge

by from Houston, TX on September 13, 2017

I'm glad I waited until the 2013 model year Volt as it has the "Hold" function for long road trips across Texas; Hold allows you to save electric charge for when I exit freeway and start city driving which has allowed me to maintain 120 MPG overall. Freeway or speeds over 50 MPH are the sweet spot getting the most efficiency out of your Volt. I also learned to use the Low Gear to gain additional kW back into battery; works for slowing up to a intersection and in heavy traffic --which also preserves the brake pads. "Sport" mode is a fun, too. Volt's Enhanced Safety Packages 1 and 2 have saved me from rear-end collisions and kept me driving more safely: Rear Camera, Front and Park Assist, Forward Collision Alert, and Lane Departure Warning. Fully-loaded, Premium-Trim upgrades, Crystal Red Tintcoat, Bose premium sound, My Link, with Pandora, Stitcher, GPS Navigation, XM satellite, polished alloys, and Premium Trim creates a driving experience far above its competitors. Just replaced the hard eco-tires with Bridgestone DriveGuard run-flats with XL rating are better mated for weight of Volt, quieter, much improved handling, though my miles per gallon is now lower. Still getting up to 43 miles per charge in cooler months, drops to 34 in brutal hot months. Lifetime MPG was as high as 142 MPG, currently 120 MPG.

The Most Practical Electric Car

by from Akron, OH on September 10, 2017

Chevy Volt, at its core, is an electric car, and that makes a significant difference. I do not use any gasoline during a normal work week, yet, I do not have to worry about charging on long trips. It appears there is barely any maintenance that the Volt requires - outside of normal checks and tire rotations, oil changes are as needed (somewhere around 2 years - the Volt has a gauge) and fluid flushes are closer to 100,000 mi / 5 years. Compared to other conventional hybrids I test drove, the Volt had the most responsive acceleration and handling. The interior is spacious and seats are comfortable, and this is considering my previous car was a Volvo S80. The middle console is a bit unusual (touch-sensitive buttons), but the interface is straightforward. Overall, I think Chevrolet engineers did a fantastic job on the Volt, making it a great practical alternative to both conventional gasoline hybrids and pure EVs.

BEST. CAR. PERIOD.

by from BRISTOW VA on September 9, 2017

50 MILES ON A CHARGE, NO GAS ON MY NORMAL COMMUTE, AND DUSTS EVERYTHING IVE BEEN UP AGAINST. THIS CAR IS AMAZING!!!!

So far so goid

by from Windsor, CA on September 2, 2017

This car has so many tech features. It is the premium trim with three years of free on star and voice Nav Sat radio back up camera leather seats and more. Drives so quiet. Rarely have to put gas in it, almost 40 mi range in electric charge is enough for a couple days to work and back.

Great hybrid experience

by from Livermore, CA on August 29, 2017

Love this car. I love the charging aspect with gas as the back up. I like that it switches from electric to gas on its own. It's a cool enough car that my 18 year old son drives it too

Amazing car! Worth buying , holds up very well

by from Clifton Park, New York on August 28, 2017

This car is perfect I almost never use gas and the impact of charging the car at my home is very minimal on my electric bill, definitely worth buying.

We've had 2 Volts and LOVE them!!

by from Cincinnati, OH on July 10, 2017

Once you've driven an electric car, there is no going back. I gave up my BMW 330ci and have never looked back. My husband and I both had Volts.

Most economical car.

by on June 29, 2017

This car meet all my needs. It is very economical car when you do not drive long distances. I have saved a lot of money on gas.

5 years 70,000 miles I still love it

by from Westminster California on June 27, 2017

In the Los Angeles Orange County California area traffic is always very heavy. Being able to use the drive to carpool lane is a definite plus.Excellent comfort, performance, and reliability makes this car a great buy.

Great car.

by from Eldorado on June 25, 2017

Very reliable, no issues in 15 months. Cost of my commute, 30 miles for less than $0.50. 13k miles, 10.5k on elec., 2.5k on gas, still haven't used 60 gallons of gas. No range anxiety, took on 3 day 550 mile trip, still got over 52 mpg total, 3 people on board with luggage, 120 miles on electric. I do run the ice under 35 degrees for heat in the winter. I'd buy another in a heartbeat.