2017 Volt

2017 Chevrolet Volt

2017 Chevrolet Volt

Have You Driven the 2017 Chevrolet Volt?

Best Practical Car You'll Ever Own!

by Craig from Northeast Atlanta Metro on Fri Jun 30 2017

I've owned this car for about two weeks and continue to be amazed at its innovative features. Instant torque! This car, yet practical, is fun to drive. Yes, it's still a compact car and although they claim it can seat 5, that's not realistic. But I've driven more than 750 miles and I still have more than a half of a tank of gas left. I'd highly recommend this car.

Love my 2017 Volt

by DrPaul from Chattanooga, TN on Thu Sep 14 2017

Have owned this car for about a month. No gas purchased yet. Haven't used anything but electric except for first day. Smooth ride. Electronics are excellent. Flawless transfer from electric to gas and back. Transmission is seamless. Only thing I would change is front seat is a bit narrow with the plastic left support prominent when you get in and out.

Fantastic car.

by Plug-inEVfan from Ann Arbor, MI on Mon Sep 17 2018

Love the mileage and feel of this car. One small complaint is that the trunk needs to be slammed hard in order to properly close. Otherwise, though, we couldn't be happier.

More fun than I thought

by Mikey from Lakewood Ranch, FL on Mon Apr 09 2018

Coming from a long line of performance cars, I got the Volt because I needed a more economical car. This car has surprised me in every way. It's FAST off the line and gets you up to 30 MPH quickly. Not the best at highway passing but it's acceptable there. Owned it for 7 months so far and still have not bought gas. So far, no problems with it.

Practical and modern

by Ketis from Atlanta on Mon Aug 07 2017

This car is exactly what you need. Up to 60 miles electric with a seamless transition to gas when needed. It makes so much sense , I wish they advertised it more ... I love this car after test driving it last weekend, as soon as I sell my current one I am buying a new volt

Cool car!

by carltenh from Appleton, WI on Sat Jul 22 2017

I hadn't considered the Volt until my son and brother in law, both car geeks, recommended it before any other vehicle. I figured I'd test drive one and be done with it. After I drove it I was hooked! I'm not a tech guy but this has some cool stuff and is not complicated to use. It handles like a little sports car, is very comfortable and I love driving by gas stations for weeks at a time. And with the $7500 tax credit it's very affordable. Despite some minor electronics glitches I'm very happy!

Gas or Electric Your Choice

by Alster from Northwestern Oregon on Tue Jun 05 2018

2016 Volt Premier with nearly 40,000 miles. With summer now here electric range is 55+ miles or more. So far for the last 800 miles just on the gas motor has been well over 50 mpg on regular 87 octane gasoline. Cost to charge the battery from empty is $1.85 for electricity here in Northwestern Oregon. Gas is well over $3 / gallon. So for less than 2 dollars we can go over 60 miles on electric and still get over 50 mpg when the battery is depleted and we are running just on the gas motor. With a push of a button with full or partially charged battery we can go from 100% electric to 100% gas engine. We have a 2010 Prius and it cost far less to drive the Volt than the Prius....

Very efficient only used 2 gallons first month

by dehamilton12 from Wesley Chapel, FL on Sat Sep 30 2017

Overall the car is great on being efficient, I have only used 2 gallons in first month. I wish cloth seats were more comfortable and wish the cruise control worked all the time (intermittent issue), there is an issue with a brake sensor - waiting for parts to come in.

So far so good!

by Quaman on Fri Nov 03 2017

This car is great. Saves me gas and money. And I got it a great price too. I love how it looks compared to other hybrid type cars.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2017 Chevrolet Volt

The verdict:

Chevrolet has transformed the Volt from a quirky science experiment into an extremely impressive premium compact sedan, with far more refinement and usable technology than any of its competitors.

Versus the competition:

Competition is still not entirely an apples-to-apples comparison, as no car on the market can do what the Volt does – drive 50-plus miles on electric power only and continue to more than 400 miles at 42 mpg before needing refueling.

Editor's note: This review was written in December 2015 for the all-new 2016 Chevrolet Volt. Nothing major has changed for 2017, but to see what's new, click here. Or to see a side-by-side comparison of the two model years, click here.

The standard practice of many Japanese automakers is to change popular models minimally from generation to generation. It may seem obvious, but "fix only what's broken" is not something American automakers often practice. Instead, they're fans of the "start over and change everything" school of thought.

That's why the 2016 Chevrolet Volt is a revelation: It's an obvious, serious refinement of the current model, a product of GM listening... Read More