NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2017 Volt

2017 Chevrolet Volt

2017 Chevrolet Volt

Have You Driven the 2017 Chevrolet Volt?

Car is worth every penny.

by Venue X from La Puente,CA on Fri Aug 24 2018

Just completed my first 1000k miles and I have used up 1.2 gallons!!! I love it!! Styling is much better than previous model. I have since upgraded our electrical in the garage so car charges in 4ish hours.

Big Guy in a Little EV-Car

by BIGGUYLILEVCAR from Pittsburgh, PA on Mon Apr 03 2017

I love the car, I had to down size due to extra travel demands related to my job. I'm surprised at the comfort of the vehicle and its road handling. Love the styling, its and Hybrid that fits in with the other small sedans.

More fun than I thought

by Mikey from Lakewood Ranch, FL on Mon Apr 09 2018

Coming from a long line of performance cars, I got the Volt because I needed a more economical car. This car has surprised me in every way. It's FAST off the line and gets you up to 30 MPH quickly. Not the best at highway passing but it's acceptable there. Owned it for 7 months so far and still have not bought gas. So far, no problems with it.

Practical and modern

by Ketis from Atlanta on Mon Aug 07 2017

This car is exactly what you need. Up to 60 miles electric with a seamless transition to gas when needed. It makes so much sense , I wish they advertised it more ... I love this car after test driving it last weekend, as soon as I sell my current one I am buying a new volt

Cool car!

by carltenh from Appleton, WI on Sat Jul 22 2017

I hadn't considered the Volt until my son and brother in law, both car geeks, recommended it before any other vehicle. I figured I'd test drive one and be done with it. After I drove it I was hooked! I'm not a tech guy but this has some cool stuff and is not complicated to use. It handles like a little sports car, is very comfortable and I love driving by gas stations for weeks at a time. And with the $7500 tax credit it's very affordable. Despite some minor electronics glitches I'm very happy!

My 2nd Volt & I'm Very Happy WIth It. Again.

by Sparky's_Dad from Palm Springs, CA on Tue Jan 09 2018

I drove a 2013 Premium for 4 ½ years. Decided to upgrade a great car to an even greater car. I'm getting 65-70 miles around town using only battery. Looking forward to my firs long trip. Comfort and convenience are much improved. The tech is amazing and i feel even safer in this car with all the driver aware features packed into this package.

Love my 2017 Volt

by DrPaul from Chattanooga, TN on Thu Sep 14 2017

Have owned this car for about a month. No gas purchased yet. Haven't used anything but electric except for first day. Smooth ride. Electronics are excellent. Flawless transfer from electric to gas and back. Transmission is seamless. Only thing I would change is front seat is a bit narrow with the plastic left support prominent when you get in and out.

Very efficient only used 2 gallons first month

by dehamilton12 from Wesley Chapel, FL on Sat Sep 30 2017

Overall the car is great on being efficient, I have only used 2 gallons in first month. I wish cloth seats were more comfortable and wish the cruise control worked all the time (intermittent issue), there is an issue with a brake sensor - waiting for parts to come in.

So far so good!

by Quaman on Fri Nov 03 2017

This car is great. Saves me gas and money. And I got it a great price too. I love how it looks compared to other hybrid type cars.

Most High-Tech, Economical car I have ever owned.

by SoCalNeal from Menifee, CA on Wed Aug 30 2017

It is a perfect car for driving around town and everyday driving. So far, I've driven over 350 miles and used only 0.2 gallons of gasoline. I own solar panels for our house, so between charging at home and at local businesses, I haven't paid anything for travel. I've already received notice from the State that I will be receiving the $1500 rebate. Soon, I will be receiving the "green" tags that allow me to drive solo in the carpool lane with this Volt. I love the adaptable cruise control feature. Also, the front & side proximity sensors prevent me from bumping into objects in my garage. We were a little hesitant to purchase due to the back seat head space. However, we don't expect to have full-size adult back-seat passengers on a frequent basis.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2017 Chevrolet Volt

The verdict:

Chevrolet has transformed the Volt from a quirky science experiment into an extremely impressive premium compact sedan, with far more refinement and usable technology than any of its competitors.

Versus the competition:

Competition is still not entirely an apples-to-apples comparison, as no car on the market can do what the Volt does – drive 50-plus miles on electric power only and continue to more than 400 miles at 42 mpg before needing refueling.

Editor's note: This review was written in December 2015 for the all-new 2016 Chevrolet Volt. Nothing major has changed for 2017, but to see what's new, click here. Or to see a side-by-side comparison of the two model years, click here.

The standard practice of many Japanese automakers is to change popular models minimally from generation to generation. It may seem obvious, but "fix only what's broken" is not something American automakers often practice. Instead, they're fans of the "start over and change everything" school of thought.

That's why the 2016 Chevrolet Volt is a revelation: It's an obvious, serious refinement of the current model, a product of GM listening... Read More