1990 Chrysler Imperial

the 93 imperial

by from Arlington, Va. on December 15, 2013

I have owned my low mileage 93 Imperial for several years now. I bought it with very low mileage, and the only real headache, was the ABS power brake booster went out. It had never been repaired on factory recall, so the dealer took care of it, but it tooks months for the part to come in. The car is quiet, rides very nicely with the air suspension, and has good acceleration and economy, given that it is twenty-one years/ models old now. With the parking lights on at dusk, it turns heads, and the cornering lights also get surprised looks. Mine had the infinity stereo replaced, and that was kinda sad. I had the air converted to the new freon, and it works beautifully. It is really the only 'little' Imperial ever made, but the back seat is huge, and the back doors, open wide as well. The car is usually dismissed as the final luxury version of the K-car, but it is much more distinctive than that. Sad we got no new Imperial, when the 300 was refreshed in 2012. A grand name in auto history, the Imperial, and the 90-93s carry the banner well.

Affordable Luxury

by from Prescott, AZ. on May 17, 2009

I recently had a 1990 Chrysler Imperial dropped in my lap with only 80,000 miles on her - at first I thought - ok, a nice lil commuter car, as I'm used to driving older mopars with alot more power....anyways, after driving the Imperial and getting familiar with all the options and features, I must say - this is a great car! it's reliable, affordable, and comfortable / stylish. the stock limo tint, to the 8 way electric drivers seat, hideaway headlights and grill, and leather interior... - I love this car