2005 Chrysler Pacifica

Best car I've owned

by from Birmingham, AL on September 25, 2012

Purchasing a Pacifica was the culmination of a search that would replace a Suburban (for towing trailer, which I sold) and a Baby Benz 380SL. I'm used to some luxury, needed haul space (I am a lady woodworker for my own pleasure), and tend to keep my vehicle into antiquity (the Mercedes was 23 when I traded it in). The first time I saw the Pacifica, my eyes were on it front to back as it passed me. I laugh now, but I thought it had a really cute butt for a car. I still think so. But way beyond that, this is a car of convenience. While the Suburban was impossible to park in today's parking slots, this buddy just glides in. The creature comforts are amazing: low tire monitors; video system; automatic rear door; audio controls on the steering wheel; lumbar support; rear AC - and on and on. The only problem I've had has been in dropping the interior muffler. Fortunately I was able to park immediately and have it towed. They hooked up the same muffler and all has been well since. I must have run over something I was unaware of. The fuel consumption is a bummer - during the summer with AC I'm ranging at 16.4, but on long trips I can live with the 23-24 mpg. The sound system is awesome. I love Sirius radio and found I could purchase a lifetime membership for less than several years of monthly rent. All is good with this buddy. It's at 87,000 and I just purchased 55,000 mile tires. Obviously I plan to keep driving it for many more years. Chrysler really blew it when they discontinued the Pacifica. They have nothing else I'm interested in. Maybe in the next 10 years they'll smarten up! I can only hope.

2005 Chrysler Pacifica

by from Ellicott ///////////////////city,Maryland on November 18, 2014

I bought this car used 3 years ago and it had 100,000 miles on it. I was apprehensive at first but now at 225,223 miles I must say this is the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. Performance has been excellent and virtually no repairs with proper maintenace. I would highly recommwnd it to anyone purchasing a reliable used car.

Solid, Safe, Reliable and comfortable for 7

by from 50266 on September 21, 2012

ABS work great. Kids like to include their friends and have a separate row on long trips. I like the style instead of a minivan and feel safer because it does not move much with strong winds like a higher profile SUV or a minivan.

Great car.

by from freeport,n.y. on September 17, 2012

This is one great suv,smooth ride like an car,very roomie,this car can compete with the best of them,If they start making them again,like many driver's have said I'll be the first in line to buy another one.

Better than a minivan!!

by from Nashville, Tn on October 24, 2011

I absolutely LOVE my Pacifica!!! It has all the perks of a minivan without being a minivan. I am not the minivan driving soccer mom, but I need the room of a mini van. I am a little disappointed in the mpg but I do a lot of driving and for the room it has 16.8 mpg isn't bad.

Will Buy Another

by from Naperville, IL on August 16, 2012

When possible, I'll be buying a newer year of this car. It has been an exceptional car to own & drive.

So far so good

by from Harrisburg Pa. on May 1, 2012

I just purchased a 2005 Pacifica and I really enjoy it. It's extremely comforable and rides very well. The kids have plenty of room, especially with the 3rd row seating. Very good sound system. I am very happy with the purchase!

Still Going Great

by from Pittsburgh. PA on August 12, 2010

106,000 mile update. Read my other two reviews. No problems with car. Just service items Best car I have owned in 40 years of driving.

We love this car!

by from Indianapolis on November 16, 2010

We own a 2006 and we love it. Our kids love the DVD Player and smooth ride. We love the way it looks and drives!! We love the room it has...can't wait to take a road trip in it!!

Would buy another, if still available!

by from Frisco on June 15, 2013

I bought a Lt. Blue Pacifica Touring in October 2005 with 9 miles on it. 132,605 later, it's been the best vehicle ever! Factory original brake pads, spark plugs. It hasn't ever stranded me. I did suffer a broken engine mount, but it was a quick fix.It's otherwise been maintenance free for many years! Recently bought the navi update and it works flawlessly! I think the negatives are being driven by people who where taken by shady mechanics and some people don't know how to maintain a vehicle, or care to. This vehicle is far above Ford or GM products on a long term basis. Everything still works in mine! Not much maintenance!

Our Expert Review: 2005 Chrysler Pacifica