2000 Town & Country

2000 Chrysler Town & Country

2000 Chrysler Town & Country

4.5

Have You Driven the 2000 Chrysler Town & Country?

Best Car We Have Ever Had

by Mini=van from Myrtle Beach, SC on Sat Oct 11 2008

We bought this car in 2003 and it only had 30,000+ miles on it at that time. It has a VHS video system built in. Grandkids loves it when they are with us. The stereo audio is outstanding. This car has provided us comfort and 26MPG. It has 110,000 miles on it and we have serviced it and changed oil frequently. We are on our recently purchased 3rd set of tires, third battery (economy). We have used it a number of times to travel from our South Carolina home to our relatives in Bethlehem, PA. Several of those trips were basically non-stop for 12 hours at highest speeds possible. Stopping for relief and to eat only. Storage on this Town & Country LE is limited, but floor space is great. We just removed the rear seat to put two dog crates to handle our 4 small dogs in the event there is a hurricane that requires our evacuation, or for our Thanksgiving visit to PA. I hope Chrysler has continued at least with the great engine and electronics in the event we go for a newer Mini-Van from them.

Love it!

by Bob from Green Bay, WI on Mon Aug 10 2009

We bought it in 2003 with 70k on it. Have over 180k now. Replaced transmission at 135k. Other than that, just tires, brakes, and oil. AWD LXi model. Has been great. Had a Toyota Previa before this, and the Chrysler was much quieter & more roomy. Long trips, we got up to 24mpg. Chrysler no longer makes an AWD - too bad. Wonderful in the winter - snow & ice. Wonderful family vacation vehicle! Probably half a dozen trips where we have lived out of the van for 2 weeks. Only halling 5? Pull out the middle seats, and move the back seat up to the back middle position. Open the doors, and you can run right thru! Lots of room for the people sitting in back, and tons of luggage room in back. I only gave comfort a 4 because the drivers seat - I like it firm and to sit up straight. I can only drive for about 6 hours at a time in this seat.

Wonderful Family Car

by FamilyMan from Dallas, TX on Sun Mar 04 2007

No problems at all with this car. Amazing for long trips - spacious and comfortable. Drives very smooth, and handles great.

Best Mini-Van we've ever owned.

by Den, NY from Eureka, Ca. on Fri Jan 27 2017

Purchased this vehicle with 106,000 miles, it now has over 235,000 miles and still going. Replaced transmission at 145,000 and all is well yet. Preformed regular maintenance like changing oil every 3,000 miles, oil and air filter every 6,000. Use regular oil with STP high milage treatment when high milage isn't available. This Van came with a 3.8 motor and it gets an average of 17mpg the same as the 3.3 but with added horsepower. Simply put, best vehicle I've ever owned!

Roomy and reliable

by Bodie from Redlands, CA on Sun Sep 24 2017

I bought this car from my sister in law with 165k miles. It has the 3.8 engine. All I’ve had to do since I’ve owned it for several years now is basic maintenance and it runs great. It has three rows and easily transports my family with no problem. It has a good amount of power with smooth shifting and acceleration. The a/c is ice cold and it’s very comfortable to drive in. Fuel mileage is decent, I average about 24 on the freeway. If you’re looking for a cheap reliable van that’s comfortable and has a decent amount of power I would definitely recommend this vehicle

Excellent Family Vehicle

by baird_hibbs on Tue Jul 11 2017

I have owned my Town and Country Limited for 3 years. It makes driving a minivan a joy. I have taken it out in the woods, on long road trips, and just around town. For a newer van it has some pretty decent cargo space, for an added bonus the rear seat can either be removed, or folded down. We have put the bench in the middle when we absolutely needed more rear space. It has pretty good leg room in the middle seats but the bench is pretty squished. It has held up beautifully to our 500 mile road trip and does well in our Montana winters. I just wish that it held weight better. The back end tends to squat when the back is about half full and the engine power doesn't hold up with the air conditioner on. It has still been a great rig and I will actually miss it when it comes time to get a new rig.

Why did they stop making 4WD Town & Country van?

by Rajesh Garg from Naperville, IL on Tue May 30 2006

Roomy, average reliability, lots of features. Loved 4 wheel Drive option. Under powered, Only 168 HPs.

No problems in 9 years

by IAtodd from Iowa on Wed Aug 29 2012

We bought this car in 2003 with 83K miles on it. It's now at 180K miles, and we have had NO problems with it other than a bad battery that we bought a couple years ago (and we pretty much haven't done anything to the car other than oil changes, new tires, new brake pads, and new battery for 97K miles). Some people have had to replace the transmission, but we have had NO problems with ours. Our van now needs new tires and the driver's window stopped working yesterday, so we've decided that we've been lucky but it's time to make a change (we <3 this van so much that I'm feeling a little verklempt right now). Although I would agree with a previous reviewer that the driver's seat could be slightly more comfy, I haven't found any seats that I like more, and the head rests on the newer vehicles jut forward way too far! The cargo room in the LXi is outstanding (we've tried fitting the same amount of stuff in other vans for long trips and it just can't be done!) I'm a very critical person and really can't say anything bad about this van... Oh yeah... we did have a problem with body rust above one rear wheelwell... we could have dealt with it right away but we didn't really care.

A great Van, own for 18 years.

by Madcow from Fayetteville, Georgia on Thu May 10 2018

In 18 years of ownership. The two biggest problems were: 1. We had to replace the AC unit after year six. 2. Replace the Battery every 18 to 24 months. After all that it was the best handling, comfortable riding van we every owned.

Smooth Riding!

by Bluu Mkuu on Sun Sep 24 2017

Great Family Van To Go On Long Distance Trips! Also Can Be Used As A Work Van! Delivering, Taxi And Other Uses For The Modern Day Entrepreneurs! Looks Very Stylish Even in 2017 ! Rear Seating And Great Trunk space! Easy steering and handling

1 2