Average based on 6 reviews

Best Car We Have Ever Had

by from Myrtle Beach, SC on October 11, 2008

We bought this car in 2003 and it only had 30,000+ miles on it at that time. It has a VHS video system built in. Grandkids loves it when they are with us. The stereo audio is outstanding. This car has provided us comfort and 26MPG. It has 110,000 miles on it and we have serviced it and changed oil frequently. We are on our recently purchased 3rd set of tires, third battery (economy). We have used it a number of times to travel from our South Carolina home to our relatives in Bethlehem, PA. Several of those trips were basically non-stop for 12 hours at highest speeds possible. Stopping for relief and to eat only. Storage on this Town & Country LE is limited, but floor space is great. We just removed the rear seat to put two dog crates to handle our 4 small dogs in the event there is a hurricane that requires our evacuation, or for our Thanksgiving visit to PA. I hope Chrysler has continued at least with the great engine and electronics in the event we go for a newer Mini-Van from them.

Wonderful Family Car

by from Dallas, TX on March 4, 2007

No problems at all with this car. Amazing for long trips - spacious and comfortable. Drives very smooth, and handles great.

Love it!

by from Green Bay, WI on August 10, 2009

We bought it in 2003 with 70k on it. Have over 180k now. Replaced transmission at 135k. Other than that, just tires, brakes, and oil. AWD LXi model. Has been great. Had a Toyota Previa before this, and the Chrysler was much quieter & more roomy. Long trips, we got up to 24mpg. Chrysler no longer makes an AWD - too bad. Wonderful in the winter - snow & ice. Wonderful family vacation vehicle! Probably half a dozen trips where we have lived out of the van for 2 weeks. Only halling 5? Pull out the middle seats, and move the back seat up to the back middle position. Open the doors, and you can run right thru! Lots of room for the people sitting in back, and tons of luggage room in back. I only gave comfort a 4 because the drivers seat - I like it firm and to sit up straight. I can only drive for about 6 hours at a time in this seat.

No problems in 9 years

by from Iowa on August 29, 2012

We bought this car in 2003 with 83K miles on it. It's now at 180K miles, and we have had NO problems with it other than a bad battery that we bought a couple years ago (and we pretty much haven't done anything to the car other than oil changes, new tires, new brake pads, and new battery for 97K miles). Some people have had to replace the transmission, but we have had NO problems with ours. Our van now needs new tires and the driver's window stopped working yesterday, so we've decided that we've been lucky but it's time to make a change (we <3 this van so much that I'm feeling a little verklempt right now). Although I would agree with a previous reviewer that the driver's seat could be slightly more comfy, I haven't found any seats that I like more, and the head rests on the newer vehicles jut forward way too far! The cargo room in the LXi is outstanding (we've tried fitting the same amount of stuff in other vans for long trips and it just can't be done!) I'm a very critical person and really can't say anything bad about this van... Oh yeah... we did have a problem with body rust above one rear wheelwell... we could have dealt with it right away but we didn't really care.

Why did they stop making 4WD Town & Country van?

by from Naperville, IL on May 30, 2006

Roomy, average reliability, lots of features. Loved 4 wheel Drive option. Under powered, Only 168 HPs.

2000 town and country

by from Coffey Mo. on January 13, 2016

bought in 2004 was our family car until now ----it has been reliable ,trouble free, and comfortable transportation . I just bought a 2014 T-C and My Grand son is going to assume ownership of it Van has 165K and seems as good as when it was purchased .