2001 Chrysler Town And Country

Great family car

by from Aurora, IL on November 16, 2010

The car is spacious, has all the features that a family should look for. Lots of interior room. Removable seats help to carry cargo. Never have to rent a small U-haul when the car can do the job. Runs excellent at 130K plus miles.

140K and still going!

by from Central PA on November 14, 2007

Quick and simple. I now have 140K mi. on my 01 AWD limited. Only had the following repairs. Exhaust at 100K. Normal. Replaced with factory replacement and good for another 100K. Antifreeze leak at 80K. Turned out to be a hose. $80.00.. Bonus! That's it!!! Normal maintenance done, brakes, tires, oil changes every 5K (only synthetic used!). It STILL runs great. Starts every day, moves the family from PA to FL twice a year. I get about 18 to 19 MPG. I will replace with another T & C after 200K or so.

NEVER BUY A CHRYSLER

by from Macon, GA on October 27, 2010

I purchased my 2001 Town and Country Limited Edition new. The air conditioner and condenser were replaced before it was one year old. The power door motors have been replaced once and now will not work if the weather is cold. The back life gate will no longer work and unless you know exactly where to press you cannot open it manually either. This has already been replaced once also. Power window motors have both been replaced and now get "bound-up" according to the dealership and will not work most of the time. When you brighten your headlights the windshield wipers come on and the water squirts. This too has been replaced already. Power locks will not lock on one door and will not unlock on the other. One of the fans that cools the engine has been replaced and the radiator has been replaced. The radio popped in warm weather from the time it was about 1 year old and had to be replaced. Seat warmers have been replaced twice and still no longer work. Also the check engine light stays on due to a vacuum leak. We were told this was due to faulty gas cap??!! My car has not been abused; it still looks great. We have put SO much money into fixing broken things but when you replace them with Chrysler parts they do not stay fixed and you have the same problems over and over. Therefore never buy a Chrysler.

Chrysler still has the best minivan

by from bloomfield, mi on June 27, 2007

This is a very good minivan. A few little things has gone wrong thru the years but nothing major. This minivan has the best ride in the industry.

Grippy in AWD

by from Albany New york on December 30, 2007

This car is very powerful for a Minivan I use to have a rear wheel drive full size van with a V8 and the V6 in this van is more powerful and gets better fuel economy. If you get AWD version it gets better gripp in snow and you get the best of both worlds in rear wheel drive and front wheel drive rear for speed and power while front wheel drive for grippyness in mainly snow and water climates

great van

by from willard ny on July 31, 2012

great van ; no real problums;we have enjoyed this van in travel and in personal use ; fuel millage good when you compair with other vans includeing inports just a well liked van

Owner

by from McKinney, TX on June 30, 2006

This has been a really good vehicle for our family. Our family has gotten older and we are looking for a smaller car.

Very practicle car. Best designed mini-van.

by from Wilmington, DE on November 28, 2012

Car was purchase used with 12,000 miles. It now has 102,000 miles. Has been a very reliable vehicle. Only two problems since we purchasd it in 2004. Small leak in the AC system. AC itself works fine. Also needed new shocks, but I understand this is one of the weekpoints of this model. Leather w/ heated seats make it comfortable in the cold weather. Great sound system (stock). Car is the best mini van out there. That is why they have made few changes in the last 10 years. It is roomie, easy to change seating, and has great visibility.

Best and Most Comfortable Minivan We Ever Had

by from South West on December 16, 2006

We bought ours new, and have found it to be incredibly comfortable and versitile. We elected to get the all wheel drive option which has increased its handling capabilities in general. It has also caused us NOT to get stuck in snow when others were stuck and pulled-over to the side. The 3.8L engine seems to have plenty of pickup, and is very quiet at highway speeds. Now at over 70K miles, there has never been even one problem related to the engine. We were a bit leary about a combination of leather and suede seats because we have 3 kids, and were concerned that the suede might not hold-up, but this has not been a problem. If I we had to "ding" it for anything, it would be for mileage -- it gets about 13 in the city and about 17 on the highway, but it is a minivan. The a/c and heat in the front AND rear has been very nice for the kids. Having had this now for almost 6 years, I am completely accustomed to having power sliding doors and a power tailgate -- these features are a must on a minivan with kids -- it is very nice to just push a button on the remote to close all of the doors.

T & C better than Caravan

by from Peoria, IL on March 5, 2008

I had a Town and Country for years...my father-in-law had a Grand Caravan Sport...same year same mileage. It seemed like the TC was nicer, more attractive, and the GCSport was more of a minivan than a nice vehicle. The TC drove better...had a softer feel, where the GCsport suspension was harder, the TC was softer feel.

Our Expert Review: 2001 Chrysler Town And Country