2008 Town & Country

4.1 out of 5 starsExterior Styling
4.3 out of 5 starsInterior Design
3.9 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
3.6 out of 5 starsReliability

Good value for what you get

by MiniVan Maven from Los Angeles, CA on February 24, 2013

After 3 weeks of exhaustive research, I finally purchased a 2008 Town & Country w/48K miles. From other reviews I read, the 2008 model had major improvements in various mechanical aspects such as the transmission, so I soon focused on 2008 and 2009 years. Things I like best: it runs very quiet, all middle and rear seats are stow-n-go (they fold effortlessly under the floor) creating huge cargo space, plenty of electrical outlets and coffee holders. The only downside, of course, is fuel efficiency. While I can get 27-28mpg on the highway by being light on the pedal, it's tough to get good mpg in city driving. The vehicle came equipped w/blue tooth, which is nice, and the radio accommodates SiriusXM if you choose to subscribe, which is another plus. I bought it from a dealership and was able to get a 3 yr/36K bumper-to-bumper warranty, which I suggest for buyers of any used vehicles. The prices of the T&Cs I looked at were all at Blue Book, I soon realized it would be tough to get a real bargain on this model. But if you pay at or near the Blue Book, and you trust the seller in terms of its condition, it's worth the price. Good luck in your search!

1st Family Van

by Car Lover from St. Paul, MN on February 17, 2011

I had been looking for a van for 6+ months. I was really leaning towards a Honda or Toyota but it was hard for me to justify what those brands were still going for. When I read reviews for the foreign vans I still noticed way too many people complaining about doors failing and transmissions, which seems to be what Chrysler has issues with as well. Ultimately I decided to save about $10k and buy this 2008 Touring, and for another $2k I added a 50,000 mile warranty that will cover any issues I have. One unavoidable downside is the problem with their brakes. Chrysler put way to small of brakes on this large heavy vehicle, and there is just no way around replacing at least the pads every 20,000 miles or so. Do yourself a favor and replace them timely to avoid having to do rotors and calipers too! Having driven this van for 3 weeks now, I actually don't have anything bad to say. I am a little annoyed at only getting about 17mpg overall, but it has also been very cold so hopefully that will improve with the weather. I really like all the bells and whistles that Chrysler throws in. The radio and DVD system are both excellent, about 50 lights inside to keep things bright when needed, plenty of storage and cup holders, and the comfort is pretty nice. Given the choice for even money I would have rather owned a Toyota or Honda, but an equally equipt 2008 foreign van I would have paid at least $10-12 more, I just didn't feel the difference was worth it. We'll see how I feel in 30,000 miles......

Great Car

by Minivan Dan from on May 15, 2011

I bought this car new, and has been a good car since. Gas is not bad for a minivan with the 4.0L since i am an easy driver and average around 20 around town. I love the overall interior quality in the Limited version. The car is great for road trips with all the friendly features. The only problems are that it had a battery problem, which was taken care of for free, at about 13k miles, and sometimes in the winters, the doors will be a bit frozen and the doors wont be able to be opened except by hand.

Horrible Braking System

by Horrible Braking System from Ft . Worth, TX on March 1, 2010

Had to get two new rotors, 4 brake pads, and two rear calipers after only 17,000 miles. Chrysler needs to have a recall on the complete braking system.

transmission problems

by family man from on September 19, 2013

I purchased a used t and c about a year ago. Within the first month we noticed the steering wheel constantly making noise. Just recently I went to get in the van went to shift and all of a sudden the tranny was grinding took it in to 2 places and they said these vans are coming in regularily now with the warranties on them being up. Now 3000 dollars later I can get a rebuilt tranny with probably the same problem. No recall tho thanks chrysler

Do not buy this vehicle

by Chrysler stinks from CT on April 1, 2009

We owned this exact model and trim package. Not only did we have numerous electronic problems and door/hatch closing problems but the brakes needed to be replaced twice within the first 30,000 miles. Although we liked the look and comfort of the vehicle it was so badly manufactured and malfunctioned so often we gave it back to Chrysler and will never buy another.

Fantastic Luxury Minivan

by BadFrog - Boomer from North Oakland County Michigan on January 30, 2008

This van holds the 1st Place trophy for luxury, safety, design and performance. It is more than a family wagon. It's a Boomer Wagon ! The best secret to this van is the overall flexibility us Baby Boomers (couples and pets) want as we retire and begin to enjoy the good life. Maximum comfort and aminities for music and our laptop computers. As well as our lugage and toys we bring with us. And let's not forget Fido, he has the whole back seat to himself. If you want to ride in comfort with headroom, elbow room and just plain roominess without feeling squished into a race car seat, then the van is the answer.

Horrible vehicle for reliability. Burns oil.

by Rickreview from minneapolis,mn on August 15, 2017

Thankfully I have the bumper to bumper warranty. It has been in the shop over 20 times. It burns a quart of oil per 700 miles. The dealer claims this is normal. Consumer reports gave it all poor marks. I totally agree.

Does not recommend this car!!

worst experience ever had with a vehicle

by reasonable man from plymouth,mi on December 31, 2007

Leased veh for storage capacity in travelling to arizona for winter. 10 days before leaving veh totally dead.Nothing worked.Gave it an 12hr charge.Mileage 1700. Dealer had it 1 day said everything perferct.2 days before leaving veh totally dead.Towed to dealer.Was told power distribution center not working. Would require "9" days for part delivery. Chrylser mgt totally invisible and inaccessible. Customer service dept a farce.

DONT RECOMMEND

by itsme from new haven, ct on April 16, 2017

THIS CAR FELL APART AS SOON AS THE FACTORY WARRENTY WAS OVER. FELT LIKE EVERY TIME I WENT IN TO FIX ONE THING, TW MORE THINGS BREAK. IT RUNS GREAT AND IS POWERFUL, BUT IT WAS NOT PROPERLY BUILT. MY MERCEDES OR SUBARU NEVER HAS A PROBLEM.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8