2014 Town & Country

2014 Chrysler Town & Country

2014 Chrysler Town & Country

4.5

Have You Driven the 2014 Chrysler Town & Country?

2014 Town and Country S

by Snowbound Scout from The Dakotas on Sat Oct 04 2014

Pros: Acceleration, new larger and upgraded brakes, Sport tuned suspension (this is an S model) that unfortunately seems to be unavailable on other models. Fit and finish is excellent. The transmission shifts smoothly and flawlessly. Much changed from the older versions (I previously owned a 2008 Grand Caravan SXT and a 2009 Town and Country Touring). Older versions had iffy brakes and a terribly clunky transmission that banged into gear and was always searching for someplace other than in the car. Cons: Not much. The only thing I can think of is the fact that data cannot be entered, or changes made to the navigation unless the car is in park. I understand the reasoning, but it makes it hard even for a passenger to do anything with the nav without pulling over and stopping. I understand this is industry wide, and a safety thing because some dimwit would try to program while driving and hurt them selves or someone else----but,,, there comes a point when big brother can't legislate and anti-litigate stupidity away. Our cars (and everything else) are so constrained and plastered with warning stickers, you just might get distracted trying to read one and hit a tree!!!! Overall review: I recently traded my "so-so" 09 T&C for a new T&C "S", The similarities between the two is superficial only. The 2014 "S" is related to the 2009 through family resemblance, yet so far removed from the older version that you have to wonder about genetics. Same Mother Chrysler, but Father Fiat seems a so much better parent than Deadbeat Dad Daimler ever was. The fit and finish of my T&C are flawless. Lines are straight and even. Paint is deep, pearly and glowing. Gone is the cheap jagged edged plastic and poor upholstery from the former marriage. In it's place is soft touch door panels and a nicely finished sculptured dash that swoops down to a highly functional, conventional console.The sport suspension standard on the "S" is vastly improved. The ride is a little stiff, but the cornering and steering is sure and quick, with nary a rattle. The old clunky shifting transmission s gone. In its place is a smooth shifting, 6 speed pleasure. The 283 HP engine pulls strongly up to cruising speed. I have averaged just over 20 MPG over a 700+ mile average that includes about half and half 25-40 suburban type driving, and highway speeds. The brakes have been vastly improved with 13 inch dual caliper discs in the front and 12 inch discs in the rear. The dash is well laid out, and the switches and controls appear durable, and function well. The media center works very well, and the new dual DVD system includes both conventional, and HDMI Blueray capability now. The screens are high definition and are much crisper than the earlier versions. To summarize, this van is now what you would expect a vehicle that bears the Chrysler logo to be. Hopefully, they will continue to evolve and improve the product. In closing, I would imagine that media reviewers who post that this car is inferior to the other brands, are either just reading and repeating old outdated reviews, or they have an agenda of some sort. This vehicle is as good as the competition, and in most areas, such as power, features and bang for the buck, better.

Life Saver

by Paula from Avoca, MI on Wed Jul 09 2014

I work for Chrysler and have always bought , and recommended the mini vans to everyone, not just because I worked for them but they are just a great vehicle. Recently I bought a 2014 and 5 days after was in an accident and totalled it. When the officer looked at my husband and told him that it saved my life, only made me love them even more. I would recommend this mini van to anyone if you have a family or not. They are so practical with many great features.

Comfort and more storage than a full size SUV

by Hockeytown5 from Milford, MI on Sun Jun 01 2014

Bought a 2014 Town and Country Touring and took a road trip from Detroit to Savannah, GA and up the east coast. Logged over 3500 miles and the van is solid. No squeaks or anything. Its so easy to reconfigure the rear seats, the storage underneath from the Sto N Go seats are a huge help when traveling with 2 Adults and 3 Kids. No one complained about being uncomfortable, Gas Mileage was well above the sticker at 29.2 Highway MPG. Would Highly Recommended this van. Don't spend 1000's more on a Honda or Toyota for the same options, Not worth it.

Love my Town and Country!!

by Nana from Texhoma, Oklahoma on Fri Mar 11 2016

We absolutely love our Town and Country mini van!! It fits our family needs and we never have any trouble with it. It is smooth riding, and gets an average of 28 mpg on the road! We travel a lot seeing our children and grandchildren, putting 41,000 miles on it in the first year. We purchased it from Cooke Motor Company in Trinidad, Colorado, as always. They are friendly, helpful, courteous and bend over backwards to please us. Wouldn't buy from anyone else!

2014 Town and Country

by Sher from Minnesota on Mon Mar 07 2016

First of all...I just bought this vehicle and overall I love this vehicle. There is only one issue that I am concerned about right now. I bought this last Monday, and Tuesday it snowed about 2 inches. I couldn't get any traction at all. I was very upset. I called the dealership and they asked me to bring it back on Saturday to look at the traction control. Thursday, again about 1 inch of snow. My husband took the vehicle out this time and again, no traction at all. The wheels just spinned going up a very small incline. Saturday the mechanic said that the traction control button is meant for ice, not snow so turn the traction control button off when there is in snow. So far...no snow. Hopefully this has answered the problem. We'll see. Otherwise, I will be a very unhappy camper. Everything else...absolutely love the vehicle. I can't find any other reviews about traction control.

Uses car for Towing

So Far Soooo Good

by NoNickname from Albany, New York on Mon Sep 08 2014

I've had the car for about 3 weeks and it is a nice ride for a minivan. Lots of accessories, comfortable and stylish. I had rented T&Cs in the past, so I knew it was what I wanted (fold down seating, eyc.). I hope it is reliable for the term of the lease.

Chrysler Town & Country

by Town and Country driver from Grand Ledge, Michigan on Sat Aug 16 2014

I purchased a new 2014 Town & Country from EXTrEME Chrysler in Jackson from salesman Brad Cooper and was very satsified with the car and the deal. I now have 2 Town & Country Vans a 2013 & 2014. The fuel mileage is better than stated by the manufacture. I am very happy with both vehicles and they are thousands of $ cheaper than GM crossovers. And more comfortable. If you buy from Brad please tell him Bob Porter sent you.

From Manufacturing /Sales To Purchasing/Service

by carsxg from Milwaukee, WI on Sat May 10 2014

Hats off to the entire USA Chrysler Manufacturing, Sales, and Service Team. The team has made us feel like part of a close-knit family. We were and are happy to continue the working relationship we have had with this Chrysler dealerships since1970. It continues to be a totally awesome and friendly experience working with WK and DW. There was no rush or pressure. We felt like they were part of our family tree. We not only listened to them, but they attentively listened to us. The Town and Country Touring Edition runs smoothly in addition to being luxurious indesign and quiet in . The sound system is incredible. Many advanced technological features have been incorporated into this van from the keyless ignition, to allowing the center windows to have a greater capacity for lowering and finally the ease of the stow and go system that could make this vehicle a MUST HAVE for any family..

Nicest Car I've Owned

by G'Pa the Chauffeur from Berthoud, CO on Thu Dec 25 2014

This is the second T&C we've owned (2010 & 2014). We love the style, performance and value. The fold down 2nd and 3rd row seats make it roomy for any occasion. Two awesome vehicles.

My first American made vehicle

by K from Va on Mon Sep 08 2014

Nice smooth minivan . Kids love it and if course the kids mother as well . I made this purchase after careful consideration towards other minivans in the market and I did that with town and country without braking my pockets . It has more than enough features for its price as any body would need on a daily basis . Reliability I don't know as I had the van for only few weeks but I feel if u keep the maintainence up than their should be no major problems . I am very happy with my purchase

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Our Take on the 2014 Chrysler Town & Country

Editor's note: This review was written in April 2013 about the 2013 Chrysler Town & Country. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2014, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

I hadn't spent any quality time in the Chrysler Town & Country since I became a mom in 2010. I liked the minivan before, and now that it's even more relevant for my family, this living-room-on-wheels really delivered.

If you can get past its unrefined drivetrain, the 2013 Chrysler Town & Country impresses with outstanding amounts of space and comfort for all the people and baggage families carry.

For 2013, the Town & Country gained some new entertainment features... Read More