2007 Dodge Caliber

Great!

by from Oakland on September 10, 2010

A perfect Crossover which brings you comfort and excitement at the same time. CVT, 6 Airbag standard and 4 Wheel ABS give you security and protection. EPA of 27 city, and 32 for highway are really impressive. I really enjoy it. Big just like a SUV.

Subframe rot and throttle body failure

by from Central New Hampshire on April 6, 2014

We bought a 2007 Caliber new in February 2008. Car has been reliable with the exception of the throttle body unit going bad, and the front subframe rotting out. That was by far the worst problem. It rendered the car unsafe to drive. Our local mechanic replaced the frame (not an inexpensive repair). The problem has been reported to Chrysler and after a report was made to NHTSA, the Defect Investigator asked us to ship the frame to Washington to be looked at and evaluated. Anyone owning a Caliber should definitely have an inspection done, and make the reports to Chrysler and NHTSA if a failure is found. This needs to lead to a recall.

so far so good

by from ohio on September 15, 2012

I had high hopes for the advertised 27 city 30 highway. Im getting 20 city. I love the cvt....hope it holds up. 56k on it now with not a single repair. Its due for an expensive cvt fluid change at 60k

Do not buy if you live in the salt belt

by from Vermont on June 24, 2016

2008 Dodge Caliber with dangerously rotted sub frames (front and rear). 2007 model cars are being repaired under an extended warranty for this exact problem but 2008 Calibers (and Jeep Liberties) are NOT COVERED. I have an 8 year old car that I purchased brand new that has NO VALUE. It cannot pass state inspection, cannot be traded, cannot be sold for anything but parts or scrap unless I spend almost $3000.00 dollars on repairs!

Best small SUV on the market.

by from Detroit, Mi on March 11, 2013

I have had my caliber for a few months, I drive a lot of highway miles and this car is great. Awesome gas mileage for a vehicle in its class. I have never had reliability issues with it and the ride is comfortable. Tons of storage space and the styling isn't bad either.

Great Car.

by from Windham, ME on May 15, 2011

I really like my new dodge caliber. I thought that I wouldnt like a car after driving nothing but suv's. But when I say this caliber online I liked the style of it. So when I went to test drive one I really liked it. It doesnt feel like your riding on the ground in it like you do with most cars. My kids even really like it. We still have plenty of room for things. We also save a lot more money aweek on gas and stuff. Would recommend to anyone.

Engine & CVT make for magic carpet ride

by from Monroe, Washington on December 13, 2006

Owned econo cars & featherfooted them to 50+MPG. My SE Caliber 2 liter w/CVT tranny is elegantly smooth. Highway runs give 35MPG. Rides into the mountains give over EPA highway mileages of 32MPG. Intown driving suffers badly tho, giving only 27MPG...some owners say less. Hard acceleration from 0 to 15mph is CVT computer controlled & poor. Above slow, acceleration & passing are OK. But the start makes for mediocre overall acceleration. Suspension is not harsh & in corners the car is not prone to lean too much. Pretend car racers may think otherwise. Front seats are firm but comfy on long trips with good support. The Caliber is not space efficient, wasting space from the firewall to the instrument panel front, & also at the very back of the car. Because of this wastage, possible large rear storage space is lost & back seats are short of leg & foot space, as well as being flat. The highest level Caliber was made for all wheel drive. If your Caliber doesn't have all powered wheels, you still lose space front & back because of the design of the floor. The Caliber has large blind spots front & rear. Be aware of them or they will hurt you...or someone else. The standard radio w/CD player is wonderful. The four 6 by 9 inch speakers give brisk clean highs, sensuous oboe, flute & clarinet midrange, & an easy rolling deep bass. Only rockers losing their hearing need the very extra cost 450 watt Musicgate. Had the electronics governing the fuel injection misinterprete the fuel-air ratio, causing my Caliber to buck. A quick electronic reset at the dealer & my Caliber is smoother than silk again.

good snow commuter

by from Interior of Alaska on August 25, 2007

I commute in Alaska The Caliber has predictable accelleration, braking and turning performance on ice, no slipping at all. Lot's of passing power when floored, good economy on cruise. I'm getting 27.4 mpg @65mph. Arm rests are hard, road noise could be less, plastic interior could be better, cup holders need work. Tinted windows would be a nice option, like it's sister the Jeep Compass. Heater / AC good, tire pressure monitor, thermometer, mpg on dash is handy. Fun to drive. Comforting to have AWD, anti lock brakes, stability control, front, side, and knee bags.

so far so wonderful

by from Bedford, Texas on October 14, 2010

my caliber is wonderful it is roomy gets good gas mileage and easy to get around in. I would recommend to anyone especially with teenage kids

our car

by from Hannibal MO on November 7, 2010

great car great price and the dealer was a pleasure to deal with the car is more than we were expecting as it only had 5000 miles on it and was hardly broken in bought it for my wife and she loves it

Our Expert Review: 2007 Dodge Caliber