2016 Dodge Challenger

Still Shakin'

by from Fair Play, SC on April 27, 2016

After researching new and used cars, I needed one which would allow my large body easy access in and out of the vehicle, while giving me some sport in my ride. The Dodge Challenger had what I wanted and more! The version I purchased was the R/T Plus Shaker. The Shaker is a hood scoop that brings fresh cool air to the filter. Unlike other scoops, this is attached to the engine, and is a very sporty piece of kit. The R/T Plus is equipped with the UConnect 8.4 with the big screen, the Track Pak application and more amenities than are needed. The seating and interior is Nappa leather, with very high quality stiching. The A/C system has full controls for driver and front seat passenger. Mine was equipped with the Harmon Kardon sound system and it sounds quite nice when rolling along. It does automatically reduce volume when slowing below 20 or when stopped, even when that is selected to be off. I find that a little annoying, but since I have the 6 speed manual, it helps me hear the motor so I don't stall when pulling away from stops... As delivered, the 20" tires were overfilled from the factory. Once I let air out of the tires to the correct pressure, the ride improved greatly. Mine has the small hemi (5.7 liter), which has plenty of power to move this heavy car. For a heavy car, it handles very quickly and holds the road very well. It is a joy to drive. I'm getting 20 mpg average with regular unleaded. I've owned the vehicle for 1 month / 1500 miles so far. Time will tell if it will hold up like my Dodge Ram did (sold it at 230,000 miles with no issues). The car is complemented frequently. It really has a muscular stance and very smooth styling. Most of the Challengers on dealer lots have accent stripes or black out roofs, but I wanted one which was free of decals. I wanted a light color model, and bought the bright white one. Once home, I sealed the paint and applied a good coat of wax. This is a car I want to show off. When driving, the visibility and driver comfort is much better than the Mustang (I owned and quickly sold a 2012), or the Camaro. I've rented both 2016 models during business travel and find them very uncomfortable, and restrictive. My only complaints are minor. The spare tire consists of a tire pump and two sub-woofers. The auto volume does not completely shut down when the auto volume defeat is selected. The engine has the famous "hemi tick" from the valve train, which I hope goes away after the factory engine oil is changed.

AWESOME MUSCLE CAR 8 SPEED VERY FAST

by from BAYONNE on March 10, 2016

CAR IS VERY FAST,I AM 59 THIS IS NOT FOR A TENNAGER HE WILL CRASH IT ,HAS ALL POWER YOU NEED AND SOME TO SPARE ,I BOUGHT A BLUE HELLCAT CHALLENGER ,I ONLY TAKE IT OUT DURING NIGHT OR SUNDAYS LESS CARS ,IT IS THE FASTEST CAR I EVERY BEEN IN ,AND I HAVE BEEN ION MANY MANY MUSCLE CARS THIS CAR IS OVER THE TOP ,THE 8 SPEED GEARS CHANGE SO FAST YOU CAN NEVER SHIFT THAT FAST .

SRT 392

by from Florence SC on March 2, 2017

Great car and fun to drive. The sound system is amazing. Handles very good. You do not notice it's a larger car. Would recommend.

Baby Boomer Car!!

by from Calvert, Texas on May 30, 2016

This is a beautiful vehicle. We have the shaker hood, all black, from interior to rims. We had a 1970 with same hood and speed . It is a car for those of us who have reached the time for us. It is not for carting kids around. Always be careful, but have fun. Varoom.

Has returned me to my youth...

by from Vestal, NY on December 12, 2016

2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat. The smile rarely leaves my face when driving it. Someone else commented that this is not for a teenager. He's right; this car is an incredible machine that is so fast and powerful that carelessness will lead to catastrophe. I love this car. I have a 1970 Challenger that I am restoring and the upgrades to the modern version are truly awesome in every sense of that word. If you can afford a powerful sports car, this should be an option for you. Great job Mopar!

I really love this car!!

by from on March 21, 2017

I bought this 2016 Dodge Challenger scat pak shaker 392 hemi new.its plum crazy purple. Very fast car that draws a lot of attention whenever I take it out It rides smooth and has a lot of power. .i highly recommend this car to any one looking for a fun car to drive. I wouldn't recommend it to someone too young. Too much power!! I purchased the extra warranty to cover everything.

The thrill of buying a Hellcat

by from Holly Springs, NC on May 20, 2016

707 horse power has never been more affordable! These two senior citizens have never been more thrilled. If you have paid your dues in life, just remember, YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD FOR A TOY!

Like em fast

by from Bismarck, MO on April 4, 2016

Love this new Challenger! The model is "hot" looking and I've had a lot of compliments on it from strangers who see me in a parking lot, etc. The inside is a bit small and it really just feels like a two person car. It has a lot of extras like heated seats, steering wheel, and also air conditioned seats. Nice stitching on the leather seats that is very eye catching. We did get have to get the windows tinted ourselves, which would have been a nice compliment from the manufacturer. All and all, we love our new car and would recommend it to anyone who asks.

Mopar or no car! A beauty and a beast!

by from Ontario Canada on March 6, 2017

Love the style and performance. Retro on the outside but all upgraded. Tech package is superb. We are very pleased with our purchase.

Awesome car

by from Ma on October 30, 2015

Gorgeous scat pack 2015 w tons of options . Like a luxury car that gets up and goes! 6.4 l engine is an absolute monster. Makes you feel like an alpha lion . Lol

Our Expert Review: 2016 Dodge Challenger