2016 Challenger

4.7 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.6 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.8 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Has returned me to my youth...

by Scorpion King from Vestal, NY on December 12, 2016

2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat. The smile rarely leaves my face when driving it. Someone else commented that this is not for a teenager. He's right; this car is an incredible machine that is so fast and powerful that carelessness will lead to catastrophe. I love this car. I have a 1970 Challenger that I am restoring and the upgrades to the modern version are truly awesome in every sense of that word. If you can afford a powerful sports car, this should be an option for you. Great job Mopar!

Still Shakin'

by Surfdancer from Fair Play, SC on April 27, 2016

After researching new and used cars, I needed one which would allow my large body easy access in and out of the vehicle, while giving me some sport in my ride. The Dodge Challenger had what I wanted and more! The version I purchased was the R/T Plus Shaker. The Shaker is a hood scoop that brings fresh cool air to the filter. Unlike other scoops, this is attached to the engine, and is a very sporty piece of kit. The R/T Plus is equipped with the UConnect 8.4 with the big screen, the Track Pak application and more amenities than are needed. The seating and interior is Nappa leather, with very high quality stiching. The A/C system has full controls for driver and front seat passenger. Mine was equipped with the Harmon Kardon sound system and it sounds quite nice when rolling along. It does automatically reduce volume when slowing below 20 or when stopped, even when that is selected to be off. I find that a little annoying, but since I have the 6 speed manual, it helps me hear the motor so I don't stall when pulling away from stops... As delivered, the 20" tires were overfilled from the factory. Once I let air out of the tires to the correct pressure, the ride improved greatly. Mine has the small hemi (5.7 liter), which has plenty of power to move this heavy car. For a heavy car, it handles very quickly and holds the road very well. It is a joy to drive. I'm getting 20 mpg average with regular unleaded. I've owned the vehicle for 1 month / 1500 miles so far. Time will tell if it will hold up like my Dodge Ram did (sold it at 230,000 miles with no issues). The car is complemented frequently. It really has a muscular stance and very smooth styling. Most of the Challengers on dealer lots have accent stripes or black out roofs, but I wanted one which was free of decals. I wanted a light color model, and bought the bright white one. Once home, I sealed the paint and applied a good coat of wax. This is a car I want to show off. When driving, the visibility and driver comfort is much better than the Mustang (I owned and quickly sold a 2012), or the Camaro. I've rented both 2016 models during business travel and find them very uncomfortable, and restrictive. My only complaints are minor. The spare tire consists of a tire pump and two sub-woofers. The auto volume does not completely shut down when the auto volume defeat is selected. The engine has the famous "hemi tick" from the valve train, which I hope goes away after the factory engine oil is changed.

The thrill of buying a Hellcat

by Lewis from Holly Springs, NC on May 20, 2016

707 horse power has never been more affordable! These two senior citizens have never been more thrilled. If you have paid your dues in life, just remember, YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD FOR A TOY!

SRT 392

by Matt1116 from Florence SC on March 2, 2017

Great car and fun to drive. The sound system is amazing. Handles very good. You do not notice it's a larger car. Would recommend.

Baby Boomer Car!!

by Jeaniem from Calvert, Texas on May 30, 2016

This is a beautiful vehicle. We have the shaker hood, all black, from interior to rims. We had a 1970 with same hood and speed . It is a car for those of us who have reached the time for us. It is not for carting kids around. Always be careful, but have fun. Varoom.

I really love this car!!

by Nyislefan485 from on March 21, 2017

I bought this 2016 Dodge Challenger scat pak shaker 392 hemi new.its plum crazy purple. Very fast car that draws a lot of attention whenever I take it out It rides smooth and has a lot of power. .i highly recommend this car to any one looking for a fun car to drive. I wouldn't recommend it to someone too young. Too much power!! I purchased the extra warranty to cover everything.

Mopar or no car! A beauty and a beast!

by MyMango from Ontario Canada on March 6, 2017

Love the style and performance. Retro on the outside but all upgraded. Tech package is superb. We are very pleased with our purchase.

Hellcat

by The Halligan from Grand Junction, CO on April 15, 2017

Just picked up a new 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat. Drove it back home from Denver (200+ miles), the car ran great. Dodge did a great job at making the inside comfortable and useful. The SRT pages are great at providing information about the car and the seats were comfy on the long ride. It's a fuel hog but I bought it for a play car and will mostly come out on the weekends. Even with 700+ HP it was vary at home on the street and could be a daily driver. I look forward to seeing how this car is over the next few years. If you don't feel like you need that much HP, then I'm sure the SRT or ScatPak will be just as good.

Funnest car I've owned

by BDTyson from Phoenix az on March 19, 2017

Ever since Dodge brought back the Challenger Ive been wanting one very badly. Beautiful inside and out and so much fun to drive. I am very excited to have this car!

Challenger scat pack shaker

by Amos from Grande Prairie, AB on March 6, 2017

Traded my Evo X for it. With the simple bolt ons it was faster than the challenger. Thought it would feel faster than it does. Good looking car and the shaker hood is sweet. And for a 6.4L it's not bad on fuel at all. Comparable to the Mitsubishi honesty

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13