2006 Charger

2006 Dodge Charger

$962 - $15,258  MSRP Range
2006 Dodge Charger

4.5

Have You Driven the 2006 Dodge Charger?

Great Driving Car

by Silver Ghost from Madison on Thu Feb 28 2013

2006 Dodge Charger R/T , fast and good on gas on the road, excellent interior, has a lot of options and very nice styling on the body, low mileage well kept vehicle.

Anyone experiencing brake squeeling

by Squeeling and Upset from Glendale, AZ on Tue Nov 21 2006

The Charger has some nice get up and go, and with our 24 inch Niche's, we get plenty of "thumbs up". I'm really concerned about the brakes squeeling when they are applied and warmed up. The dealership says it's the metal pads. They replaced all the pads and the squeeling continued. Now they are replacing the rotors (front and back). The Service Manager is also pointing out the metal pads. He told my wife the problem may persist until Dodge comes up with a new pad. Is anyone else having this problem??

Lot of car for the money!

by 74 Roadrunner from Ohio on Sat Jan 05 2008

I started looking for a car to replace my truck after I suffered a serious knee injury. I test drove a few,and some were too cramped, some gutless, and a couple I just didn't like. I test drove a 300 and a Magnum a while back, just to do it, and a charger last fall. I liked all three of them better than the other cars, and since I don't like FWD cars anyway, I guess that makes sense. After a second knee injury, my truck had to go. I really like this car, nad any complaints are really nit picking. Positives: Power. comfort, decent fuel economy if driven sanely. I usually do. Negatives: Base steering too disconnected, and effort is too easy. Rear visibility isn't so great. Cruise control on a stalk is kind of weird.

Yea, It's gotta hemi !

by Buckeye from The Buckeye State on Tue Aug 15 2006

This really is a great family car with 340 horses and room for three car seats in the back. My likes are exterior styling,great engine and transmission,great handling for a full size car,comfortable seats, very easy to read instruments and information center, and great automatic heat and a/c controls My dislikes are poor cruise control position (it belongs on the steering wheel,not behind the turn signal), sloping windshield takes some getting used to, and no standard transmission offered. Overall I'm very pleased with the car and would recomend it to anyone.

Fastest car in my neighborhood!

by Monk from Naugatuck, CT. on Wed Apr 10 2013

My R/T is a real head turner. Its a 2006 with everything I need. Has no Nav but that didn't matter to me. It DOES have looks, style, and speed. It's the one I've always wanted!!

Dependable and looking good!

by RTMAX from Fort Wayne IN on Sun Feb 05 2012

Bought a used Charger with less than 20,000 miles and kept it for almost four years. Never was this car inoperatable. It was dependable and I felt pretty good about its power. It was a 5.7/HEMI but because the car is so heavy it's really not that fast. Sounds good and relatively smoothe ride. I would recommend the car to anyone.

Sporty full-size sedan

by dmc from on Wed Dec 03 2008

Excellent engine performance with great handling. Sporty styling both interior and exterior. Excellent value for the money. Highly recommend this vehicle.

Big Smile

by Family man from North Shore of Boston, MA on Sat May 08 2010

Have owned a 2006 black R/T for 1 year now, bought with 35k. Best car I have ever had! I still get a big smile on my face when I see it in the parking lot after work. Very fast, handles great, family loves it. Fits kids and tons of stuff in trunk. Gas millage is on the low side in traffic but avg around 18-20 all told. Very reliable- not one issue so far. Fine in snow with decent winter tires and we live on steep hilled driveway. Get the car you have always wanted!

used 2006 charger srt8

by J.M.J from charleston on Fri Apr 30 2010

I bought a used 2006 str8. The car had 17139 miles at the time I bought it. I have always been a huge corvette fan but now with 2 kids that wasn't practical. Anyways I love the car. The seats are great, the power, while not as fast as a vette is still a lot of fun. It has a nce aggressive look. I have no regrets. The car is thisty but better than my z71.

Loved the car, Hated the reliability

by American 2 Foreign from Phila, PA on Mon Aug 29 2011

Let me begin by saying that I went against everyone's advice and purchased a Charger brand new when they first came out. December of 2005 as a 2006 model. From the start I loved the car! After two years of owning it and of course the poor manufacturer's warranty expiring things started going south. Just about everything that could have gone wrong went wrong. Here's a listing of the things I had to replace thanks to poor quality and build: HEMI Engine (very expensive), entire fuel system, transmission, window switches, speakers, entire rotors were replaced about 8 times throughout the entire time I had the car - there was a known issue with the rotors warping. The interior build is made very poorly and overtime will fade, break, chip and peel. Just check the NTSHA website for a listing of all the complaints regarding the car. With all that said I loved the car when it worked, I left many mustangs and even a BMW 645 once. The car is absolutely horrible in snow and even rainy weather as expected with an rear wheel drive vehicle. Guzzled up gas like none other, my advice is if you aren't prepared for frequent trips to the pump stay away. I would get another one but NOT as my daily driver, I would have to have a more reliable better built vehicle.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Our Take on the 2006 Dodge Charger

The Dodge Charger SRT8 reflects the proud performance heritage from the 1960s, yet it is a thoroughly modern muscle car in the way it combines a sophisticated interior with power and handling.

The 425-horsepower, 6.1-liter Hemi V-8 is packed with power. Stabbing the throttle is like tickling a tiger - you'd better be ready for a quick response. The muted exhaust contains distant echoes of NASCAR. The SRT8 accelerates to 60 miles per hour in about five seconds. The transmission's AutoStick function allows the driver to change gears manually with just a tug on the gear lever.

The Charger shares its basic chassis and powertrain with the Chrysler 300. Both use numerous pieces from Mercedes-Benz .

The SRT8's... Read More