2006 Charger

4.4 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Great Driving Car

by Silver Ghost from Madison on February 28, 2013

2006 Dodge Charger R/T , fast and good on gas on the road, excellent interior, has a lot of options and very nice styling on the body, low mileage well kept vehicle.

Anyone experiencing brake squeeling

by Squeeling and Upset from Glendale, AZ on November 21, 2006

The Charger has some nice get up and go, and with our 24 inch Niche's, we get plenty of "thumbs up". I'm really concerned about the brakes squeeling when they are applied and warmed up. The dealership says it's the metal pads. They replaced all the pads and the squeeling continued. Now they are replacing the rotors (front and back). The Service Manager is also pointing out the metal pads. He told my wife the problem may persist until Dodge comes up with a new pad. Is anyone else having this problem??

I own a Charger SRT-8

by M. Elliott from San Mateo, CA on July 17, 2006

The Charger SRT-8 is about the best value you can get in a family sedan, and still have enough power to blow your neighbor's Mustang GT away. Sure, this car is big and heavy, but with 425HP on tap, it MOVES. And if you read the reviews, you'll know that the Charger line handles extremely well for a big car, not floaty at all. The car is quiet and docile when I'm just cruising in commuting, and when I put the pedal down it roars to life and kicks me back into the seat. The interior design is pretty plain and simple, nothing to write home about, but it is functional and I don't have any gripes about it. The exterior design is the thing that made me choose the Charger SRT-8. The whole Charger lineup looks mean, and I've had everyone tell me that the car is mean, or looks like a monster, etc. Styling is subjective, but if you want a mean car, get a Charger. If you want a pretty car, get a BMW or a Lexus. In summary, the car is quiet, stylish (objectively), powerful, comfortable, and everything EXCEPT fuel efficient. If you can afford the gas for a Hemi V8, then you'll love this car. I've driven the 3.5L as well, and while it certainly has adequate performance, it's not performance engine.

Fastest car in my neighborhood!

by Monk from Naugatuck, CT. on April 10, 2013

My R/T is a real head turner. Its a 2006 with everything I need. Has no Nav but that didn't matter to me. It DOES have looks, style, and speed. It's the one I've always wanted!!

Lot of car for the money!

by 74 Roadrunner from Ohio on January 5, 2008

I started looking for a car to replace my truck after I suffered a serious knee injury. I test drove a few,and some were too cramped, some gutless, and a couple I just didn't like. I test drove a 300 and a Magnum a while back, just to do it, and a charger last fall. I liked all three of them better than the other cars, and since I don't like FWD cars anyway, I guess that makes sense. After a second knee injury, my truck had to go. I really like this car, nad any complaints are really nit picking. Positives: Power. comfort, decent fuel economy if driven sanely. I usually do. Negatives: Base steering too disconnected, and effort is too easy. Rear visibility isn't so great. Cruise control on a stalk is kind of weird.

Sporty full-size sedan

by dmc from on December 3, 2008

Excellent engine performance with great handling. Sporty styling both interior and exterior. Excellent value for the money. Highly recommend this vehicle.

Yea, It's gotta hemi !

by Buckeye from The Buckeye State on August 15, 2006

This really is a great family car with 340 horses and room for three car seats in the back. My likes are exterior styling,great engine and transmission,great handling for a full size car,comfortable seats, very easy to read instruments and information center, and great automatic heat and a/c controls My dislikes are poor cruise control position (it belongs on the steering wheel,not behind the turn signal), sloping windshield takes some getting used to, and no standard transmission offered. Overall I'm very pleased with the car and would recomend it to anyone.

Big Smile

by Family man from North Shore of Boston, MA on May 8, 2010

Have owned a 2006 black R/T for 1 year now, bought with 35k. Best car I have ever had! I still get a big smile on my face when I see it in the parking lot after work. Very fast, handles great, family loves it. Fits kids and tons of stuff in trunk. Gas millage is on the low side in traffic but avg around 18-20 all told. Very reliable- not one issue so far. Fine in snow with decent winter tires and we live on steep hilled driveway. Get the car you have always wanted!

used 2006 charger srt8

by J.M.J from charleston on April 30, 2010

I bought a used 2006 str8. The car had 17139 miles at the time I bought it. I have always been a huge corvette fan but now with 2 kids that wasn't practical. Anyways I love the car. The seats are great, the power, while not as fast as a vette is still a lot of fun. It has a nce aggressive look. I have no regrets. The car is thisty but better than my z71.

Loved the car, Hated the reliability

by American 2 Foreign from Phila, PA on August 29, 2011

Let me begin by saying that I went against everyone's advice and purchased a Charger brand new when they first came out. December of 2005 as a 2006 model. From the start I loved the car! After two years of owning it and of course the poor manufacturer's warranty expiring things started going south. Just about everything that could have gone wrong went wrong. Here's a listing of the things I had to replace thanks to poor quality and build: HEMI Engine (very expensive), entire fuel system, transmission, window switches, speakers, entire rotors were replaced about 8 times throughout the entire time I had the car - there was a known issue with the rotors warping. The interior build is made very poorly and overtime will fade, break, chip and peel. Just check the NTSHA website for a listing of all the complaints regarding the car. With all that said I loved the car when it worked, I left many mustangs and even a BMW 645 once. The car is absolutely horrible in snow and even rainy weather as expected with an rear wheel drive vehicle. Guzzled up gas like none other, my advice is if you aren't prepared for frequent trips to the pump stay away. I would get another one but NOT as my daily driver, I would have to have a more reliable better built vehicle.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9