1991 Dodge Dakota Consumer Reviews

4.0
Average based on 2 reviews

Pleased overall

by from Frederick, Md on February 6, 2013

I've had it for a month and it has been smooth driving. Its basic functionality is its best quality; everything I need, and nothing extra like computers or airbags. It runs so welllike it wants to run forever into the sunset.

very tough truck

by from Spokane, Washington on March 7, 2012

Bought my Dakota from the original owner with around 180,000 already on it, it now has over 250,000 and my son still drives it to college daily. The doors still sound solid when shut and still rides well for a 4X4. This is a great vehicle for the winter as the four wheel drive works extremely well, even through a couple feet of snow. Still has the original transmission and engine, although it smokes and uses quite a bit oil, but still runs well. Since it is American made parts are cheap and finding a mechanic to work on it is easy. Have replaced many parts that usually go out such as starters, brakes, belts etc. Also have had to replace the computer several times, which I thought was unusual. the engine is the 5.2 liter which seems to be prone to oil and fluid leaks. If you can find one of these older Dakotas with low miles in good shape I would suggest buying one.