2000 Dodge Dakota

Endlessly reliable

by from Fort Collins, CO on September 2, 2017

My family has had Dakota's in the past, and they all have proven to be effective and durable. Mine is no different; it is a 2000 that runs as good as it did on day one. This vehicle will run like a champ as long as you keep fluids topped and oils changed.

Good old auto.

by from Salt Lake City, UT on August 19, 2017

It gave good service, had a rebuilt tranie and worked until the vehicle engine failed. IMO, it had no apologies for an American built auto. We bought another Chrysler product.
Not Rated Reliability

Jerrys Truck

by from Pheonix AZ on March 28, 2014

I had A great experience buying this truck. I recommend to anyone that VIP Auto Sales in Tempe AZ is a good place to buy a Vehicle

Nice Truck

by from NY on January 16, 2013

2000 Dodge Dakota Sport Ext Cab 4x4 3.9L. Do yourself a favor and buy the car privately. Payed half the price the dealers wanted, no hassle one owner service records, no accidents. Use Clist or another avenue. The truck is great size. The ext cab for short distances if fine for kids, not so much for adults. 6.5' bed, that extra foot makes a difference. Ride is more car like then truck and is fantastic in the snow or climbing rough terrain with 4x4. Looks are second to none. and really the only midsize pickup in the 1997-2002 year range. Things to watch out for is rusty brake lines, intemediate steering shaft, and generally bad rust. This truck just purchased 12/12 137k has almost no rust.None on the body. Lastly the 3.9l is a little underpowered, but if you can find one with the lsd and 3.92 like this truck you can tow just about anything..Just a little slower all around daily driving and towing. Not a show stopper.

street legal race truck

by from on November 24, 2012

4.7l, manual 4wd xtra cab. nissan,ford, toyota, have nothing for this beast!! thank you dodge- AAAA+

Great compact truck with the power and speedINeed

by from Virginia on April 16, 2012

Great truck, nice lines and the interior is very stylish.. My dakota is an RT with the 5.9 Litre V8 Magnum engine. It gets great reviews and I haven't had any problems but the L Front caliper seized up because it wasn't driven daily..I put a lowered, in bed truck tool box and drive it everyday for work.. Awesome, and beautiful. I have got nothing but good compliments... Gas milage sucks but the handling and looks and sound and power make up for it.... Enjoy your new Dodge Dakota!!! - A from Virginia...

So Much Fun

by from on July 7, 2011

I own a 2000 Dakota R/T,I love the truck and it is so much fun to drive and great at car shows because you see so few of these. Great truck if you can find one. Remember Mopar or no car.

Most Reliable Truck Ever

by from Wisconsin on April 29, 2011

I bought my 2000 Sport Quad Dakota with 4.7L with 25k miles on it. It now has 215,000 miles on it and it has never left me stranded. I've never had any issues with it other than a sensor had to be replaced once. I've even use it to pull our 28ft travel trailer on long trips and it performs like a champ with the transmission always operating flawlessly. I can't say enough about this truck.

decent work truck

by from Harrisonburg VA on April 1, 2011

I typically use my Dakota pick for yard work. It seems to do well with it 4X4 option in snow and mud. It does not have the power that today's pickup truck offer but it definitely gets the job done.

Good Pick-up for the money

by from Reading, pa on November 30, 2010

I got my 2000 dakota in the spring of 2010. The only problem i had on this 90000 mile truck is that the guage cluster went, besides that it is a good truck with plenty of power for my specific needs

Our Expert Review: 2000 Dodge Dakota