2006 Grand Caravan

$17 - $8,761  MSRP Range
2006 Dodge Grand Caravan

4.1

4 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have you driven the 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan?

4th GRAND CARAVAN

by JOE KOOL from PHILADELPHIA on Sat Apr 02 2011

I HAVE OWNED 4 GRAND CARAVANS AND I LOVE THEM. THE FIRST ONE I GOT USED AND FELL IN LOVE WITH THEM. HOPE THIS ONE LASTS FOREVER BECAUSE ONE OF THE BEST THINGS THEY HAVE IS THE INSIDE STORAGE ROOM THAT IS NOT THERE IN THE NEWER MODELS. BEHIND THE FRONT SEATS WITH THE STOW-N-GO SEATS DOWN THERE IS ABOUT 160 CUBIC FEET OF STORAGE SPACE AS OPPOSED TO THE NEW ONES WHICH ONLY HAVE ABOUT 143 CUBIC FEET OF STORAGE SPACE. THE ENGINE RUNS GREAT. I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT FOR A FAMILY GUY WITH 4 KIDS WHO NEVER THOUGHT HE WOULD END UP IN A MINIVAN.

wouldn't trade for any new car love it

by cc from kansas city on Tue Jun 16 2015

i am a dealer and am in many make and model autos. I would not trade my Dodge van for any new car on the market. Best in value, comfort, reliability and performance. Great job Dodge! make the new models as good as the 06.

Simply The Best

by mtcdavis from Baton Rouge, LA on Wed Aug 02 2006

It's not often that I would make a recommendation on a used vehicle but, this Grand Caravan has been a great vehicle choice. We were in a crunch for a vehicle, our last one simply ran out. Saw this one with 40,000 miles on it but, after a test drive, fell in love! The hide-away seats in the rear are out of this world. More storage than I ever thought you could get in a van. Handling and manuverability of this vehicle is great. If there is any complaint, my wife says the driver seat sits a little high. But, after a couple weeks of driving, says that's no problem. The rear fold down DVD player is great on long drives. The stereo is one of the best I've listened to. Overall, I'd have to say, this has been one of the best vehicles we've ever owned!!

Good van

by youdaman from New York, NY on Thu Apr 26 2012

We've had this van since December 2005 and have since racked up 65,000 miles on it. We have had minor problems with the air conditioning and power sliding doors not working. Hoping the van will last to 100 K relatively problem free, but don't expect it to last as long as my Toyota.

great van

by minivan driver from on Thu Feb 05 2009

one of the best cars i've owned. the kids absolutely love the dvd player and the extra seats. the leather and heated seats are an awesome feature i use almost every day. great looking vehicle on the exterior too!!

Good minivan

by Bigdog from Boston, Massachusetts on Fri Oct 07 2011

This is a good minivan. It is spacious and well-designed. It can seat six comfortably and seven if needed. There is also an abundence of cargo space, and the stow n go and seat folding features are handy. The minivan is relatively easy to drive, with carlike handling, but it is a bit hard to park. The engine accelerates fairly well, with adequete power for highway merging and passing. The steering wheel is hard to move if you aren't in motion first, or when your foot is on the brake. It is a good van overall.

The Second Time Customer

by The Cara Van Family from Detroit, MI on Tue Mar 18 2014

I just recently purchased this vehicle for the reputation that it has with my household from the last one bought just up graded!! The seats fold into the floor and it has power doors! Although only one side works due to it being used all that needs to be replaced is the motor. This is a great feature but not mandatory unless you have young babies or senior citizens they may be handicap. The current features of the power locks, windows, and the sense of direction w weather is a great feature that was in my older van as well. It serves as a great feature when locating places and temp changes outside. The power seats are a great feature for the driver to utilize and the radio tell you some of the music info (artist/song) and the station without having to find out with your cell phone!

Used 06 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT Limited Edition

by LJKittyKat from Bel Air, MD on Wed Jan 29 2014

I had owned a 00 Chrysler Voyager before purchasing this vehicle. The extra 21 inches is great for storage. The stow-and-go is genius if you don't have storage for unused seating. But I wish the third row could be moved forward, or interchanged w. the captains chairs in the second row. I could do that w/ the 00 Voyager. The stow-and-go is standard; I wish it was optional. The stereo has no aux feed, soI can't plug the ipod in and listen through the speakers. Needs remote start standard!! All cars should! I purchased from a dealership in DE, and when I got it home, it wouldn't pass inspection. They worked with me, and sent me a good faith check to get it inspected. I probably don't need to tell you to never buy a car on the first day you look at it. It wasn't detailed to my cleanliness standards, and the salesperson was pushy!!! But it is totally my fault, purchasing it in the dark, in the cold, and just wanted to get it home. If it seems too good to be true- IT IS!!! The vehicle performs nicely. Since I mastered backing in from the Voyager, I don't have any problem. I wish the mirrors tilted down when I backed up. My husband's 03 Chrysler 300M's do. He also has automatic climate control, but it's more expensive to fix. At 75,000 miles, the power steering hose needed replaced, the radiator was leaking, and the front rotors needed replaced. I was looking for a Chrysler, but this Dodge is comparable, and they made many of them, so the price is right. Be wary of buying in flood prone or storm ridden areas. Carfax all the way!!!

In Some Ways Better than Honda Odyssey EX-L w RSE

by Mr. Steve from Indianapolis, IN on Wed Apr 29 2015

I had a 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT with leather interior and DVD package, and I enjoyed the vehicle immensely until it was in an accident and was a total loss. It protected my daughter in the wreck though so it did what it had to do. I tried to replace it with a similar car, but I couldn't find one with the leather package. The similar Chrysler T&C came off like an old person's car. I ended up getting a 2007 Honda Odyssey EXL with Rear Seat Entertainment package and paid significantly more even though the Honda had almost half again as many miles. I actually liked the Dodge better for several reasons. First the dodge had a much better stereo with usable aux in. Second trip computer. Odyssey EXL doesn't have one. Power rear hatch - nope, Odyssey Ex-L doesn't have one. Sto-n-go - needless to say, not on the Odyssey. The Odyssey was supposed to get better MPG but ours gets 1-2 MPG worse. The Odyssey is quicker, but the Dodge was quick enough. The only other advantages the Odyssey has is that it holds slightly more, has center seats more comfortable for adults, and it doesn't get the rear fender rust that you have to watch for on the Dodges. I miss my Grand Caravan.

Great family van!

by Azmom from Maricopa, Az on Wed Mar 29 2017

Love the bench, easy to get to the back. Love the deep trunk for stroller and groceries. Love the stow n go for blankets, children needs.

1 2 3 4 5