2011 Journey

4.3 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Love it!

by travel lover from illinois on July 16, 2012

I have owned this vehicle for about 10 months and after the initial shock of switching from a Town and Country I am really happy with it. The bluetooth and touch screen are great. I had a hard time getting used to looking out the windshield at first, but worked it out after a couple months. The biggest minus I would say is the delay in "Pick Up" when you ask it to move out. I have the 3.6 engine. It gets about 20mpg in daily use with lots of short trips and in the 1000 mile trip to the beach it got 25mpg fully loaded with 5 people, cooler, etc. I would definitely purchase again.

Good for the money, but not best

by 2011 Journey Driver from Aberdeen, Maryland on June 11, 2014

We own a 2011. My wife views. Drives pretty good. Right size for everyday use. Has a sporty look. Gas mileage is average. My views. Transmission is awful. Shifts to the highest gear way too fast. Constantly having to downshift on the slightest of grades. Headrest from rear seats blocks view of rearview mirror. Creates serious blindspots. Best to remove them. Brakes (front & rear rotors and pads) wearout too quickly. Causes annoying vibrations when braking. Cost to replace front and rear rotors and pads from dealer, between $400 and $500. 3 replacements in 3 years.

Does not recommend this car!!

Going Back to Chevrolet

by Unhappy Camper from Indianapolis, IN on August 21, 2013

Although I love the inside of my R/T and the options that came with it I am unhappy with the performance and the number of times I have had to have it serviced. This is my Dodge and will be my last. When I shift from reverse to drive it jerks and makes a noise (I am being told nothing is wrong with it). My back window gets stuck as I roll it up. My backup camera went out. I have had this vehicle for less than six months and it has seen servicing once a month for the last five months due to issues. Also for a V6 the pickup isn't that great. I have a certified 2011 DJ R/T purchased with 12k miles on it.

Does not recommend this car!!

Great car....Dissappointing MPG

by journey from Brea, CA on November 2, 2012

I really have no problem with this car other than the miles per gallon. I have 4 kids who are very busy and the many storage compartments and convenient 3rd row are fantastic! We've had it for 2 years exactly and have had no real engine trouble. The only thing about this car that gets on my nerves is the MPG. I usually drive streets and I can't seem to get above 15 MPG no matter how I drive. My previous car was a Honda Element which gets awesome MPG so it's very frustrating. The highest MPG I ever got was 21 on a 500 mile camping trip we took last summer. If you value the money in your pocket book, you may want to look for a more fuel efficient SUV. But if you don't mind the extra trips to the pump, it's a great car.

Lot of Car

by Bogz from Central Ma on March 19, 2012

Dodge did a great job with the remake of the Journey 2011. 2010 model is not even close. Lot of car for your money.

Love my new Journey

by mel from Kansas City, MO on October 30, 2011

I love this car. Seven seater with plenty of room. I do wish it had better "pick up" when getting on highway.

Great Value for the size

by Journey Fan! from Lorain, OH on July 22, 2015

This has been one of my favorite cars to own. The space and size is amazing. I'm a large person and I have a lot of head and leg room. Brakes- I was shocked to see negative views on the brakes. I got new brakes at 70,000miles, and the rear ones didn't even need to be replaced! Performance - Not the best performing vehicle. Gas mileage is average. Interior - I like my black interior. some of the plastic protective parts on the seats broke off very easily when vacuuming car. Overall - I can imagine finding a vehicle with this much interior space for the price. Great value.

by Julie B from Glen Carbon on April 4, 2017

We bought this vehicle for our son in college. This vehicle rides nicely and has a lot of leg room.

People love to borrow my car

by texastkc from Waco, TX on January 11, 2018

My sons love to borrow, even a co-worker likes to go buy lunch in my car. First thing everyone says it that it is very smooth to drive and has great pick up & go abilities. I have the Crew trim package and love the UConnect system. There are times the BT is a bit touchy on connecting to my phone but that's minor. The Navigation is stored in the car so you do not get real time navigation. Easy enough to use Waze if I need traffic info. MPG has dropped in the last year but that's true for any vehicle. I have had this car for 4 years and have put some serious mileage on it with a long commute every day. If you are looking at buying this, two things to know. You will need brake jobs more often than other vehicles. And the tires are more expensive to replace. Go into it knowing these facts and you will still love the car.

Loving the car

by Tarsha McD from York, PA on May 1, 2018

When I first set in it I knew it was for me. The comfort, style and the way it drives won me over. Love it!

1 2 3 4 5