Read or write a review.

4.0
Average based on 22 reviews

2002 Dodge Ram Quad Cab

by from on October 9, 2009

Very powerful and comfortable! Surprised by the smooth ride of a 4X4...Gas mileage wasn't a plus but definitely wasn't an issue when it came to hauling.

very dependable after 100,000 miles

by from alabama on November 21, 2007

I bought my truck with 100 thousand plus miles already on it. I could not believe the power the engine has and the comfort of the ride. The stereo system, power seats and extra storage space beneath the back seats made it perfect for those long rides to the job site. The next full size truck I own will definitely be a Dodge.

Great Concept, Average Execution

by from New Hampshire on April 7, 2009

I bought this truck new in early '03 from a dealer. No problems while under factory warranty, but numerous problems since. Now have 125,000 miles and have replaced front carrier assemblies twice, instrument cluster, fuel pump, exhaust system, brakes three times, most front end/suspension parts and drivers heated seat system. Only routine service required on engine (oil, filters, serpentine belt) and transmission - both have been trouble-free. Am on third set of tires (Cooper makes a nice 20 inch replacement that rides/wears well). Mileage has been poor, even for a 5.9 liter with AT, averaging 12 MPG at 55 MPH on cruise control. Interior design and features are outstanding - car like comfort on long trips, and very good use of interior space. Quad cab/short bed combo is, to me, very attractive design. An '09 is just slightly more visually attractive to me. Am starting to lose the body panel corrosion fight, not a big shock in northern NH salt environment. Would buy another, though used. New ones are just too much money. Would recommend to others, with cautions regarding operating and maintenance costs. This is one vehicle where an extended warranty is probably a good investment. The factory lifetime drive-train warranty on newer units is a great feature. Overall, I'm satisfied with this truck and plan to run it until it dies.

good value

by from ca on May 12, 2011

Most reliable vehicle with the fewest repairs I have ever owned. It drives and handles like a sedan but gives you the availability of a pickup.

great truck

by from bristol,in on December 15, 2011

great truck has been great to me have not had any problems at all i have owned mine for a year now and it has over 175000 miles on it the onley bad is i onley get 11 mpg but a good sacerfice for being abale to tow anything and have good get up when towing

Uses car for Towing

reliable as my fatherĀ“s 1979 Dodge D-100 club cab.

by from McAllen, TX on October 29, 2011

excelent gas consumption w the v8 magnum 4.7l , if you are a mecanic enthusiast, you can do all repairs by your self, it has some troubles w quality in plastics (interior), soft ride and plenty of space to drive comfty.

Good Vehicle

by from Cleveland, OH on February 6, 2007

Bought my Dodge 2002 as a dealer demo in 2003 and have very few problems, except a leaky gas cap. Can't complain.

awesome truck

by from frostburg, md on January 16, 2012

i got a 2002 quad cab, 4WD. awesome truck. i wanted tons of power so i got the 5.9. it uses alot of gas but thats the price you pay for power. comfortable ride, 6 disc cd changer, A/C. power windows, power locks. i love this truck its awesome

GREAT TRUCK

by from Phoenix, AZ on April 22, 2009

I love my 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 2x4. It was my very first brand new vehicle and I could only afford the base ST edition. However it had automatic transmission, ice cold AC (very important here in Phoenix), AM-FM Cassette stereo, power brakes and steering. Manual windows and door locks. I "splurged" for the slider rear window and under rail RAM bedliner. I have 99,000 plus miles on this truck and I only now had to have the brakes replaced. Other than that I have just followed the maintenance schedule and it just purrs like a kitten. I can't believe the smoothness and power of the 3.7 liter magnum. Admittedly a V8 would be better for the mountains but I mostly drive on flat ground. All in all I love this truck.

GREAT TRUCK for the money

by from Kansas on September 20, 2013

Bought mine new in 2002. 5.9 standard cab SLT and IT IS LOADED! To buy this truck new today would cost $35,000. Mine still looks & runs like I bought new again. These RAMS new were incredible, and if you can find a used one that's been taken care, you will be impressed. Gas mileage is always the hot button with trucks. Sure a new truck might get a couple extra miles per gallon, but again, I can buy A LOT OF GAS with that $35,000 price difference. I plan to keep this truck for many years, or until someone can pry it from my cold dead hands.

Our Expert Review: 2002 Dodge Ram 1500