2011 Ram 2500

4.7 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Mega Cab

by Otis from Hardin, MT on November 19, 2010

The truck is far better than I thought possilbe for the money. Fords, GM's and Chevy's were way pricey compared to this rig. Unforunately I had to purchase the truck on the East Coast because the dealer in Billing MT was not trustworthy. Anyways that gave me a chance to drive it cross country and it was a dream. Thanks Dodge for doing a bang up job.

Strong Truck

by J/M from Florida on August 4, 2011

have owened my 2011 for 11,000 miles now... Mostly moved over to Dodge Cummins due to Cummins being a durable power plant, but the key was the price. It is against my relegion to spend $50,000 for a dang truck, which is what Ford, & Chevy are asking new. This truck has impressed me all the way around, except that I did exspect better fuel milage than 16 for a average. I tend to get better milage below 55, & less milage above 55.

great truck

by Otis from Louisiana on June 21, 2011

ive had this truck a little over a month it has been exceptional in all the categories above. I would say though the performance is less than chevy or ford but dodge gives u a strong truck regardless I marked 5 stars for reliability just for the simple fact it's a cummins but it true test will be known after a munch longer period of time. One thing I will say is the ride is still stiff but to compare it the chevy or ford it rides well for a 2500. The MPGS are something to be desired but u can't expect much from such a heavy truck one thing I will note is I get better fuel economy at 75 (17mpg) VS 55 to 60(15.5 to 16) strange but I think it is mainly the truck is not having to work as hard an dump as much fuel at the high speeds VS the lower ones it's was completely opposite in my F-150. Overall in the past month i have put on over 4000 miles with little complaint it hauls butt when I tell it to an works even harder when I tell it to all in all u can't beat this truck for what it offers an at the price u can purchase it for I would recommend this truck to anyone .

Big Effin Truck

by Zeke from La Jolla CA on December 10, 2012

I needed a tow vehicle, thinking that I could use my SUV to routinely pull 8,000 pounds was not a smart thing. This has massive torque. I am used to adding speed when I see a mountain ahead. My first time towing I passed a semi about and looked down at the speedo thinking the truck was going real slow. I was going 80 mph......OOPS. I lifted. The Cummins diesel is a monster, but smooth and quiet. The transmission does the smoothest and almost unnoticeable shifts. I notice as I watched the tac to see when it was shifting. The exhaust brake and the tow/haul feature make this a must have for those that tow. This is not a coil sprung half ton that rides like a Lexus....this is a serious truck.

Great Truck

by SG from WY on September 22, 2011

I bought my truck back in March and I absolutely love it. Got the HEMI 5.7 instead of the Cummins 6.7, couldn't justify the extra money at this time. This truck works great, the ride is excellent considering its a 2500, and the interior is extremely comfortable. Around town I get about 13MPG and on the highway I get anywhere from 15-17. The thing that sold me on this truck compared to Ford and Chevy is the HUGE back seat for the kids. Overall I am very pleased.

truck that needs better throttle response

by wireman from spanish fork,ut on February 7, 2011

Its about time that dodge fixed the front end issues on the ram. The electronic throttle response lacks profusely. The seats are really comfortable and well done.

800ftlbs, really?

by Owen35 from Theriot, LA on December 9, 2012

After driving the big 3, I found the ford diesl to sound the best stock, and couldn't believe the incredible torque on the H.O. Cummins package. The feeling was night and day compared to the regular Cummins. It even felt twice as strong as the old 5.9l. I can't wait to see if they are going to put the 8speed tranny in next year's model.

Uses car for Towing

The best truck i ever owned

by cummins dude from on February 26, 2011

Best truck ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ram 2500

by Big Toy Tower from Alaska on November 14, 2011

Great Cummins diesel and Alison transmission. All the power I'll need for towing at a gas engine price compared to other manufacturers.

the fuel pig

by water sports from new mexico on August 17, 2015

I have had this 2011 dodge 2500 diesel for two months .nice truck lots of powder .but..NOT good at all on fuel. even worst when towing''

1 2 3