2013 Ford C Max Hybrid

Gas mileage is amazing.

by from Cleveland, OH on September 15, 2017

It rides smooth and so quiet, sometimes I have to double check that it's running. You sit high for a good view, but plenty of head clearance.

Good Hybrid Alternative

by from on September 4, 2017

I hadn't heard about Ford's hybrid until my son pointed it out to me. This car is good value compared to the Prius. Just wish they hadn't pinched pennies in the choice if front seats in the SE version...

Absolutely love this car!

by on August 10, 2017

Great car and great gas mileage. I love the fact that your brakes recharge the battery. Only down side is it's not baby car seat friendly.

Love the gas mileage!!

by on August 1, 2017

Good acceleration, great gas mileage, and still has plenty of interior space. Very quiet ride. Overall it's just what I needed.

Decent car for price, get a leftover , better bang

by from Jersey City, nj on July 1, 2017

Car gets me 40mpg in the summer and 37 mpg in the winter. It's decent and roomy, good daily driver, bought as a leftover so got a great price. Not too many on the road so it is somewhat unique. Has more power than a Prius.

I love this car!

by from Everett, WA on June 12, 2017

This car is everything I wanted, with really good gas mileage, (up to 59mpg on the highway!). It looks beautiful, and rides and steers well. I have had no problems...I just keep up with regular maintenance. I will probably get another CMax for my next car!

My first Hybrid and I love it!

by from Hudon, OH on June 2, 2017

I will never go back to a gas only vehicle. This car not only gets 40+ mpg but it has lots of head room and cargo space. Compared to a Prius, the engine has more power and curb weight which it a more stable road vehicle. I love the CVT transmission because it never shifts gears and is very smooth on any terrain.

2013 CMax w/62,000 miles

by from Saratoga Springs, NY on May 15, 2017

It has been a great vehicle so far. Very quiet, handles great and we are getting 37 mpg on the highway and over 40 mpg around town.

An amazing unappreciated vehicle

by from Michigan primarily on May 12, 2017

We were looking for a hybrid and decided to drive a Prius-equivalent that's made in Michigan. What a pleasant surprise a C-Max turned out to be. We average over 40 mpg in mixed hiway and city driving. We bought an end-of-lease used car, bought an extened warranty from Ford, but have had no problems, only surprised passengers when they find out it's a hybrid, and made in Michigan (although I believe 2018s will come from Mexico).

Love at first drive!

by from on May 10, 2017

I have owned a variety of cars, ranging from a Jeep Grand Cherokee to a Mini Cooper and this car has the best of both those worlds. It sits high on the road and the visibility from the drivers seat is phenomenal, there are virtually no blind spots. The turning radius, zippyness of the engine, and responsive steering make me feel like I'm in my old mini, yet the driving comfort and height make me feel like I'm in a Jeep. It is also the quietest ride I've ever owned. There is barely any tire noise or wind noise while on the highway. The interior is simple yet sleek. I'm constantly impressed with the intuitive placement of items, like how to use the windshield washer, and how easy the overall interior is to navigate. It is also very spacious! The rear seats fold flat and the cargo room in the trunk is ample. I am a musician, artist, and yoga teacher, and have no problems fitting my gear and going from place to place. Another lovely feature is it trains you to drive in a more fuel economic way, the avg mpg is listed at 42mpg city, but I have easily been maintaining 44mpg while around town. My only complaint is the exterior is a little on the vanilla side, it has a mom mini van vibe from the exterior, but that is a small thing.

Our Expert Review: 2013 Ford C Max Hybrid