1996 Ford Crown Victoria Consumer Reviews

4.2
Average based on 6 reviews

practical

by from Brandenburg, KY on February 9, 2011

I bought my 1996 Crown Vic in 2000 when it was four years old. It had 57,000 miles on it at the time. I've had it now for just a little over ten years and it now has 309,000 miles on it. Believe it or not it still runs and drives like a new car and still has the original engine and transmission. The paint job even still looks new when it is washed. While the drive train and body have held up unbelievable well, I have had to make several repairs to it. Some of the parts that have been replaced are: air conditioner, windshield wiper motor, the intake manifold (twice), the interior headliner, ball joints and numerous other small parts. After about 200,000 miles it did start to nickel and dime me to death with minor repairs. It has started using a lot of oil lately but still runs strong.

police package

by from washington dc on May 30, 2006

great car brand new exaust cold air intake high performance pistions good year eagle tires great police package engine

Great vehicle and ride

by from Prestonsburg,Ky on April 8, 2007

I love the way this car drives and handles. This vehicle is one of best i have ever owned. I would buy another when this one wears out. I have the 1996 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor 4.6L engine. Great package, handling and performance.

Great car dependable thirsty for gas

by from Sacramento, CA on September 14, 2011

Although a little thirsty for fuel especially on the city cycle, my 96 crown vic with 150k+ miles on it is dependable as if it were new on the lot. These cars are designed in a heavy-duty manner and it shows. The years have been kind to this mighty steed although the paint is oxidized a bit in spots. Was considering a camaro, firebird, or mustang, but for the money I definately am happy spending the money on the vic instead of one of those cars. This one is an LX with the highway geared rear axle, so once you're up to speed its all cruising, baby!

plenty of leg room

by from Martinsburg, WV on April 19, 2013

Really impressed with the amount of leg room in the front without short cutting the back seat. Deep trunk and easy to access spare tire.

I hope I can find another one

by from Eureka California. on February 20, 2013

We have had ours since September of last year. Bought it with 199,000 miles on it. It was recently vandalized and because it will cost more for the new paint job it needs to fix it, than the car is blue booked at my insurance company wants to total it out. I would rather have the paint job done to fix it and keep the car. She purrs like a kitten and I know that it will last forever if I keep up the maintanace. I am not looking forward to getting another car.