1999 Ford Crown Victoria

Great car for the money.

by from Newnan, Georgia on December 21, 2010

I have owned the Crown Victoria for 11 years now and it still going strong with only routine maintenance and one $225.00 repair I did myself. The repair was common for crown vics. The intake manifold starts to leak antifreeze. Took my time and changed it myself - not a real hard repair. Anyway this car is great on the highway with lots of power to pass slow road hogs. Comfortable ride and not to noisy inside. They are not made anymore so your equivalent ride would be a Mercury Grand Marquis. If you black out the windows you friends will not know its you and think you're old when you paas them by in comfort. Good luck!

Most comfortable road car

by from Dallas Texas on September 19, 2012

I am second owner. Bought it from dealer who sold it to first owner who traded it in for a new Crown Vic. Had 86,000 miles, now has 104,000. Gets great gas mileage despite 4.6 liter engine. Lots of power which is why most are police cars. Only problem is intake manifold which I am going to have to replace.

Smoothest Ride Ever

by from on April 24, 2017

I own a '99 Crown Vic with just over 100K miles, runs super smooth, has enough power for anything, and is super comfy. Most reliable thing I've ever owned, maintainence needed aa all cars, but other that maintainence, needs nothing. All around, great vehicle.

A solid value that is reliable

by from Tijuana, Mexico on August 24, 2010

My car is a 1999 P73 (base) model, it has 250,000 miles on the odometer, so now is a good time to give you some feedback as an expert owner and not an "expert" critic. I've been intimately involved in this cars life since it was new. 10 years later, the car runs as strong as new, but that involved regular maintenance and later (around the 240,000 mile mark, a major maintenance/repair action. Remember: under that shiny paint job is a machine that requires maintenance if it is to be expected to perform. There are no exceptions. Total dollars spent on maintenance in ten years is about $4,000.00, but I'm a stickler for maintenance. I use a computer that plugs into the car to check how it's doing and to look for any early signs of problems. Other than oil, lubes, tires, air filters and brakes that are routine maintenance items, I've replaced one rear axle, the intake manifold, radiator cooling fan, alternator, water pump, shocks, front end bushings. I've also replaced some electronics that control idle functions. I installed new fuel injectors and a new catalytic converter recently. As far as I'm concerned, these maintenance items maintained the car in a "like new" running condition and saved major mechanical problems from happening. 250,000 miles is a lot of miles. I never had comfort or fatigue problems while driving this vehicle and I never get the feeling that long drives will be a drag because the car is very comfortable. The controls are not complicated and the layout makes sense. I would recommend anyone considering the purchase of this car to make certain of a few issues before laying your money down. I'll list them below later. I expect to get at least another 250,000 miles out of my Crown Vic. It will certainly be an antique by the time I'm willing to send it to the junk yard. Why? because the car was routinely and properly maintained. I did not wait another 5000 miles before changing the oil, I fixed stuff right when needed and always kept the car aligned, on good rubber and shocks. While this is true for all vehicles, it pays dividends for this vehicle because it is solid and will carry your carcass in worry free comfort for a long time. The cost of maintaining the vehicle, therefore, works out to about $400 per year. Before buying a used Crown Victoria, have someone who knows their stuff check the following: FUEL RAIL PRESSURE TEST Before starting the car, have your guy put a pressure tester on the fuel rail. Doing this will tell you if the fuel injectors are leaking. If that's happening, don't buy. COLD STARTING The car must start up and idle smoothly IMMEDIATELY. No coughing, sputtering, spitting or anything like that. If it does cough, it has a vacuum leak and that could be simple or major. Gt it checked before you buy. It could be a bad intake manifold, see below. INTAKE MANIFOLD UPGRADE Have your guy check the intake manifold. If the FRONT coolant crossover is ALUMINUM, then you have the new one. If the front crossover tube is plastic, don't buy the car. You WILL have to replace the intake manifold - it's a big number. FRONT SUSPENSION Check the front suspension bushings for wear. Bad bushings mean bad alignment and rapid tire wear. Several hundred dollar fix. Steering linkage. Make certain the ball joints have grease nipples. The original don't and that means you will have to replace them if your car starts creaking. Drive the car slowly over some speed bumps letting the car bounce a bit. Listen for the creaking that sounds like a wooden ship. Several hundred dollar fix. COOLING SYSTEM The radiator cooling fan is a very heavy power draw when it starts up. The fan motor usually dies at around 200k miles. It is a 2 speed fan. Speed one starts when the car reaches running temperature. Speed 2 starts up after the air conditioner is switched on. After starting the car, switch on the air conditioning immediately. The fan must start up within a minute. If not, you have a problem. Have your mechanic pull

A very reliable car.

by from Cincinnati Ohio on April 25, 2017

More dependable than my Cadillac or my GMC van. The van was bought new in 1992 and we still own the van.

Great ride and pick-up with 4.6L, V-8

by from on April 28, 2017

Roomy and comfortable. Has great gas mileage in city and o the highway. Very roomy inside and the trunk has lots of space as well.

great!

by from irving, tx on April 19, 2017

Love the power and smooth ride. 4.6 L V-8 runs like a champ. very reliable. I just need to use up space here!!!! HMMMMMMM!!!!

Unique Offer

by from Colorado Springs, CO on November 28, 2017

Most reliable car I ever owned. 25 Miles to the gallon. Very fast and quick on the highway. Purchased from a friend locally who had it stored from his grandfather. Body needs a little work. No airbags due to a slight bump.

I love this car!

by from Philadelphia,pa on July 3, 2017

This car met all my needs,but is used to much gas. The car was spacious great performing,and comfortable. Repairs where also fairly cheap.

i've owned a for crown vic

by from on April 21, 2017

i love my car and truck so much it's 17 years old my hole family loves it no way were selling it to bad owner or to crab place