Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2018 EcoSport

2018 Ford EcoSport

2018 Ford EcoSport

4.5

Have You Driven the 2018 Ford EcoSport?

Love my "Guppy"

by GuppyGirl from Columbia TN on Mon Oct 29 2018

I decided on a whim this past Labor Day to stop in at my local Ford dealership and look at the Escapes. I had a 12 year-old Fusion that had been a great car so I had a good opinion of Ford. This little EcoSport was sitting there all by itself, the only one they had, and I liked the look of it and after a test drive, I decided I really liked it! I have the SE 4WD and it has all the tech I wanted: remote key-less entry and push button start, Ford Sync system with Apple Car Play, heated seats, rear-view camera, sunroof, etc. I was surprised how many amenities it had. Got 0% interest through Ford Motor Credit too so that made it a sweet deal! I really like it overall, but it is rough riding due to its short wheel base and on start up it can be a little rough in the gear shifting. But other than that it really is an awesome little car and to me it looks like a cute little guppy, so that's what I've dubbed it! If I had a lot of highway driving I would want something else, but I just drive around town and to work. If we need to get on the highway and take a trip we have my husband's huge Ram truck with all the amenities (heck we could live in that thing...) But all-in-all I do love this little fella, and it's a ton of fun to drive! It really is! If you are just looking for a fun little SUV to drive around and you don't need a people hauler, this is a good one! Is it perfect? No....but it's not bad and it's super fun. I think I made a good purchase.

Most comfortable car I have owned.

by SonnieP from Cushing, OK on Mon Aug 13 2018

This car has met all of my needs. I like the comfort and the style of the car. I love having the navigation system. I like having a crossover and being higher up.

So happy with my purchase!!

by crcj118 from Ridley Park, P.A. on Mon Jun 25 2018

The Ford EcoSport definitely meets all of my needs as a college students with 3 jobs. I am constantly on the move whether it?s driving to one of my jobs, school, extracurricular activities, the shore, etc. The EcoSport has plenty of room for me to pack and bring what I need for my car rides, and even has room for several passengers to come along with me. I am so happy with my purchase and absolutely love my Ford EcoSport!

Not happy with no spare tire or jacking system

by bonanzact from cincinnati, ohio on Sat Oct 20 2018

The car is somewhat harsh riding and comes with no spare tire. I had the dealer replace the tires wit run flat tires, They did this for no charge. I am still trying to get a spare tire package for the car. I have seen a swing away spare on the back hatch gate but the dealer has no idea how to get it. Strange.

Does not recommend this car!!

Happy I bought an EcoSport

by Dr. YO from San Antonio, Texas on Wed Aug 08 2018

I really like my new car. It's easy to drive, comfortable to drive and is giving me good gas mileage. I don't like that it doesn't have a spare tire....makes me nervous.....plan to find out if I can have one added. Car has a beautiful design, unique back door and a beautiful moon roof.

For a mini type suv, it is SO GREAT !!!

by DennyW from Loves Park, Illinois on Mon Jul 09 2018

Inside is excellent, with really good viewing through the front and side glass. Also, nice headroom. The tail gate is super, opening up like a door. Makes grocery shopping loading, and unloading excellent.

I love this car!

by Pscheck from Tyler, TX on Mon Jul 23 2018

It has all the things I wanted and more. It even has a sun roof that I was not aware of. The only thing missing is the keyless entry.

still getting use to all the features

by carol jean from richmond ,indiana on Mon Jul 16 2018

Alot to learn with a new vehicle and alttle bit smaller than my other vehicle but the 3 days I have owned it so far everything is great

Love the moon roof,side mirrows, color, swing gate

by HAPPY,HAPPY from Mifflinburg, PA on Fri Jun 29 2018

Totally fell in LOVE as soon as I saw it, has more than I expected. Can't say enough about it. so far every one loves it, posted new ride on my face book.

I'm in LOVE with my Ford Eco Sport

by mrf1110776 from Ridley Pk, PA on Tue Jul 03 2018

I love my new Ford Ecosport!!! I think it is perfect for travelling, shopping and just driving around. It has plenty of cargo space for me. The seats are so comfortable and easy to adjust. Great gas mileage and it looks sleek. The back opens to the side instead of up which can sometimes be a challenge to close for those of us who are height challenged!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Our Take on the 2018 Ford EcoSport

The verdict:

At long last, the new EcoSport gives U.S. shoppers a subcompact Ford SUV, but its many drawbacks leave us questioning whether it was worth the wait.

Versus the competition:

The EcoSport feels like a bona fide SUV, not a jacked-up hatchback like some of its rivals, and Ford offers a first-rate multimedia system to boot. But as drivability and utility annoyances add up, its appeal is fleeting.

Its recent stateside debut notwithstanding, the Ford EcoSport is no spring chicken. The 2018 model represents a substantial update but not a full redesign of the nameplate's second generation, sold internationally since mid-2012. The first generation dates back to 2003, and Ford calls it "echo sport" — a pronunciation I suspect most U.S. shoppers will abandon in favor of "eeko sport," which keeps with the more-recent "eeko-boost" marketing of Ford's turbocharged gas engines (EcoBoost). That's all but assured on the front-wheel-drive EcoSport, which has an EcoBoost three-cylinder engine. "Echo" stands no chance.

Optional all-wheel drive pairs with a non-turbo four-cylinder. We... Read More