2005 Ford Escape

Perfect Car for Teen

by from on September 12, 2017

This car was the perfect first car for a teen driver. I used it all throughout high school and into my college years. My car finally started to wear out a few years after I finished school. Plenty of room but not too large that it is hard to park. Always felt safe in the winters. Loved the 4 wheel drive.

A solid car - minimal maintenance

by from Ocean, NJ on August 8, 2017

The care met all my needs. Even though it's a compact SUV the extra room goes a long way - such as Home Depot stops for large items or putting your dog int he back.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Decent Family Car

by from Philadelphia, PA on August 4, 2017

Excellent all around vehicle for family and personal matters. Spacious interior and slick exterior. Really comfortable acceleration but the breaks felt a little loose. Other than that it was absolutely excellent.

Beast in Vermont winters!

by from Montpelier, VT on July 27, 2017

This is the first car I have ever owned, I bought it with 115k miles on it in 2015, and I'm only around 148k as of July 2017. Being honest, this car is not great on gas if you're going on road trips or any long distance driving, due to the 6cyl engine that's in the vehicle. However, I live in one of the worst spots in Vermont that always gets hit the WORST in the winters. I have NEVER, EVER, slid or spun out or had ANY problems with this car in the winter. I don't believe it's because of my tires (basic winter tires), this vehicle is truly the best car I have ever driven in the snow, compared to the subaru my parents had when I first started driving. Going back and forth to college, this car has lots of room to transport things and is an absolute BEAST. I have never had any huge problems with the car, just the normal wear and tear with new brakes, oil changes, etc... I would definitely recommend this car to first-time car buyers. The price and the reliability is great for those looking for a mid-size reliable car to go back and forth.

Loved vehicle-totaled by red light runner

by from Seattle Wa. on July 12, 2017

Good power (v6), 4 wheel drive, enjoyed driving this suv. Trying to find another one up to 2012 with low mileage. No luck so far?

Decent car, very versatile and practical

by from northampton pa on July 12, 2017

My first car, I love it. Although it is 2017, the car does not run like its 13 years old. It runs like a charm and the styling is good. The 4x4 system is incredible, as well as the v6 it is equipped with.

Perfect size for me

by from Farmingdale, NY on June 25, 2017

I like it because it is comfortable. It rides really well. There is plenty of space in front and the back, s o you are not squashed in. The only two things I do not like about it is, it is not really good on gas, and there is a third head rest in the back seat which covers some of my view in review mirror. Overall it is a very good vehicle.

Feel safe driving it!

by from Fairborn, Ohio on June 22, 2017

My Escape gives me the comfort, safety and dependability I need for Ohio winters. My husband gave this to me as a birthday gift. He feels better knowing I and Rick,g this

Never had Large expensive repairs

by from Garnett, KS on June 22, 2017

I like the height of the drivers seat, the visibility through car windshield, and responsiveness of the vehicle. I had 130,000 miles on the car and could have driven it a lot longer. I never had to make any major repairs - just replace tires! Excellent vehicle.

Gets me from point A to point B

by from on June 14, 2017

Runs Well, but had a few problems that had to be fixed before I bought it. The car gets pretty good gas mileage for a v6 engine.

Our Expert Review: 2005 Ford Escape