2014 Escape

2014 Ford Escape

2014 Ford Escape

4.5

Have You Driven the 2014 Ford Escape?

great Ford

by Sleepy Joe from Wugene Ofregon on Tue Apr 02 2013

Ford did a great design job on this car, inside and outside. Very nimble and responsive. Fit and finish is very good, sounds and feels solid. More than meets my expectations. Best looking small SUV (crossover) on the market.

2014 Escape SE

by Dale from Grove City, OH on Tue Apr 15 2014

I've had my Escape a month now and it is terrific. I like the back-up camera and the auto light system. Once I figured out the wipers (front and rear) I love them. MPG's are good and power is excellent. Looks good, drives good and feels great.

i love this car

by TeeorSki from DC Suburbs on Sun Sep 21 2014

It is not a Mercedes or even a Lexus but this is a superb car for the $$$. It is comfortable, smooth and plenty of power (I chose the 2.0). I tow 2 jetski's or a 6' by 12' enclosed trailer w/ my cleaning equipment on occasion and it has no trouble. On recent trip from DC ot Va Beach and back our Avg MPG reached 32.0 including the city driving and traffic backups -- THAT IS FANTASTIC!!!

Disappointed 3 months and 2500 miles in

by mistermanager7 from Midlothian, VA on Mon Jul 14 2014

Before purchasing our Ford Escape SE 1.6L, I did loads of research on this website and many other popular websites. It came down to the Forester, CX-5, and the Escape. This vehicle received (and continues to receive) positive reviews from many happy consumers. Try as I might, I just can't seem to find a seat at that cafeteria table and I find myself disappointed with our Escape. After a few months and 2500 miles in, I'd like to share my experience with you good people... Good: -Fun to drive: car responds nicely and has good agility and pep for the 1.6L engine. The ride is smooth enough to not deter many newcomers to the Small SUV category, and probably please many of those who are coming from older SUVs. -Standard features: While back-up cameras and Bluetooth connectivity are becoming standard on just about everything - even those little orange cars we all had as children - I'm still calling this a Pro because I am easily impressed and think they're neat (also I needed at least one other thing to make an official list) Bad: -Gas mileage: They advertise an estimated 32/24 mileage with the 1.6L EcoBoost engine and I am only getting 21 mpg on the highway. I pay close attention to my acceleration rate and speed consistency, and despite my diligence, still do not see improved results. After raising this to the service department at my dealership, the Tech that worked on my car for separate issues mentioned she is experiencing the same issues with her 2014 Escape. It's good to have some company but I would like it to be under better pretenses. -Ford SYNC: Ford SYNC? More like Ford...STINK (get it?) Rib cracking humor aside, I took my car in for a recall for a software update. After picking the car up from the dealership I noticed the clock was 3 hours behind. I assumed this was just reset to Pacific Time because it's software and wants to be with all the cool software in Silicone Valley. Turns out this was the time it was actually reset, and the clock was frozen that time. I was unable to change it and need to return to the dealership or buy a watch. -Fuel Range: I mentioned the mileage a little earlier and this would not be such a problem if I were getting the EPA estimated numbers. Even still, I think the tank they used (13-14 gallons) is a little small for this sized car. With the mileage I'm getting right now I'm lucky to smell 300 miles/tank. Really I'm coming in around 260 miles before I fill up again. This is our first Ford and will probably be the last one for us (barring any give-aways or generosity from strangers). Don't get me wrong, I have respect for Ford given that they were the only American car company to not accept the Government bail-out; however, my admiration stops shortly after that fact. As I mentioned at the beginning, a number of reviewers have been having a lot of success and fun with this car, and for that I am happy. While researching your next purchase know that good or bad, everyone has their own individual experiences with their vehicle. I hope you find this and the contradicting positive reviews helpful.

Fix or Repair Daily

by Bent out of Shape from Baltimore, Md on Fri Jan 02 2015

Company purchased this vehicle for me to use as I travel for the organization 1200-1650 miles a week. Transmission went before 35K miles, Only get 20.5 miles to the gallon, 14 gallon tank is a joke, cannot pass a gas station with this vehicle. Its a shame because it is a nice ride however, I have had issues with Fords in the past and this one is true to form.

Better than expected !

by njfam1 from NJ on Sat Oct 19 2013

After doing much research and reading tons of reviews I am very pleased with my purchase. The only negative in all the reviews centers around MPG and MyFord Touch. As far as MPG goes, I have the 2L Titanium and I drive to NYC every day from the suburbs where there are many hills. So far average is 24 MPG- just as expected. I also have a lead foot and little patience. I need the AWD and love the preppy 2.0L. No complaints on that. After reading all the negative comments on the internet about MyFord Touch I was prepping for a space shuttle like complexity. People are ridiculous. I LOVE it- its very simple- 4 quadrant screen with each section for Phone, Climate, Audio and Nav. PERFECT- easy to use. Took me 2 mins to pair my phone and 1 hr to master it. Text messages work too. If you are under the age of 80 and have used an iPhone, iPad, or a computer - this is EASY and works great. Voice recognition has been spot on every time for me- but you have to know a few key commands. READ THE BOOK. This car is AWESOME. I replaced my Taurus SHO with this and its great. Do not be afraid of the 'terrifying' my Ford Touch- its easy and the display quality is superior to anything I've seen- even BMW and Audi. The guy told me I had the latest version of software installed. I can't stress enough how the internet commentary on myford touch seems like a bunch of old ladies 'my you have to push buttons', 'my its SO COMPLICATED' , 'there are so many options which one shall I chose' give me a break. I love options ! GREAT CAR- you wont regret it.

Wish I could drive it....

by Yikes! from MD on Fri Feb 27 2015

At 16K miles my check engine light came on and my auto start did not work. It has been in the shop for a week and they can not fix it. They said my gas tank is not staying pressured correctly. They may have to send an engineer from Ford to help figure it out. I have to say they are trying to fix it but I should not be having this issue with a new car. I love the car but now I do not trust it.

wish i hadn't bought

by Country folk from Menomonee Falls, WI on Mon Mar 24 2014

I LOVE my 2007 Escape which we kept. The new 2014 however.. 1) rides so rough that I really don't enjoy riding in it. 2)The controls are difficult to manipulate, 3) The console compartment is not well designed, 4) It's awkward to have to look under the steering wheel to place the key in the ignition, 5) and the drivers seat belt is close to impossible to snap due to it's tight positioning. Truly, my husband was the one that wanted this car but his complaints are the same. I wish so much that we wouldn't have bought this Escape. Hind sight's 20/20.

off to a bad start

by disappointed from Moose Jaw, SK on Tue Mar 18 2014

Overall very disappointed in this car so far. The promised gas mileage of 22-23 mpg/city & 30-32 mpg/hwy - after 5 months of driving with premium gas and going speed limit the car calculates that I get 18.5 mpg/hwy. I used to have a 2008 escape that had better mileage and I do understand the tank is 1.4 g smaller in the 2014 but shouldn't affect mpg rate. Then there's the park assist - DON'T RISK IT cause it will be all on you....I parked 4 times perfectly and the 5th time - smashed into the car behind. The local dealer says it's a 100% success rate, and yet my car showed a computer malfunction reading when checked by the Ford service dept - Ford took NO responsibility and left me dealing with repairs and points on my driving record. Thanks for the support. I appreciate the acknowledgement at the dealership level, that my park assist failed, but Ford Canada does not back you if it fails and your local dealer may not either. YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN! Also when I get to 120 km/hr on hwy if wind is blowing a certain direction the right side of front window screams in the wind until you either slow down or wind direction changes. Ugh - hasn't been a pleasant experience and I am now stuck with this car for another 2.5 yrs on lease - Should have kept my 2008....loved it!!

Comfortable Small SUV

by Crew2014 from Houston, Texas on Tue Jan 21 2014

We owned a 2011 RAV 4 which was a good vehicle. The Ford Escape is quieter and the 1.6 Turbo charge engine is quieter and more peppy. Interior on the Ford Escape is well designed and comfortable. Overall very pleased with the Ford Escape and the Ford Experience.

Our Take on the 2014 Ford Escape

Editor's note: This review was written in April 2012 about the 2013 Ford Escape. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2014, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Ford has released a series of good-looking cars with excellent mileage lately. But whether it's the too-cramped Fiesta interior or the sluggish transmission on the Focus, these otherwise spectacular mainstream vehicles have had a few serious flaws.

The redesigned 2013 Escape is different: No matter how hard I looked, I couldn't find anything significantly wrong with it.

A duo of new turbo engines offer better performance than the competition, the interior is roomy... Read More