2014 Escape

2014 Ford Escape

2014 Ford Escape

4.5

Have you driven the 2014 Ford Escape?

Great

by Red from Michigan on Tue Feb 18 2014

We are very happy with our Escape, much easier to get in and out of and very spacious for what we got it for besides good looking, comfortable, ease of locking/unlocking and starting without having to use a key. Love the easy use of the back door. Love everything about it.

Drives wonderful.

by Ford owner forever from Chicago IL. on Wed Jul 23 2014

Wonderful vehicle, comfortable interior, has enough room in the cargo area to hold everything I need. Love the back up camera feature. Sync is a wonderful necessary feature. I feel safe and secure with all the air bags this car comes with should I be involved in an accident. I cannot figure out why FORD did not have the lower rear panel above the dual exhaust pipes color match the rest of the vehicle like other car manufacturers did. There's also a mismatched panel under the front of the vehicle down low. I actually considered not buying the vehicle because of that. Love the looks and mileage I'm getting.

Love it

by Love my car from Arizona on Thu Jun 05 2014

Love it . So quiet, the ride is great, I am 6.2 I feel comfortable lots of room, so many great features

Reliability, Value and Comfort

by Miss Mouse from Charles Town, WV on Mon Jun 30 2014

This is my second Ford Escape. My first is a 2004 model and now belongs to my oldest daughter as her first automobile. My requirements for a new vehicle were simple, must have four-wheel-drive, fog lamps and be fuel efficient. I was able to find my new Ford at Hagerstown Ford in Hagerstown, MD. My salesperson worked to provide me with the best deal possible in addition to a few more options that I now find extremely convenient. My vehicle also has a back-up camera and sensors; Sirius Radio (which I love) and best of all, blind spot mirrors! I also was able to afford the Econo-Boost engine which is VERY nice. Overall, I am highly satisfied with my vehicle and would recommend giving the Ford Escape a look if in the market Miss Mouse

Ford Escape

by cj from Missouri on Sun Oct 12 2014

We just bought the Ford Escape & think it is awesome. So far everything we thought it would be. No problems with this vehicle so far. Satisfied customers

Recent 2014 escape purchase

by D ZIMM from Canton, ohio on Wed Jul 30 2014

I am very pleased with my new car. My sellsman Steve Copper went beyond my expectations of a sales person. He is the best car salesman I have ever dealt with, and I have bought some cars. This is my second one with him. He will take great care of you I bought a 2014 escape went to a 2 liter engine, had a 2013 escape 1.6 engine due to all the recalls I got the 2014. Very happy with it. I k for bought it at downtown ford on Tusc in Canton. Ask for Copper he'll treat you right. .

Ford Escape Titanium

by MB Owner from Houston on Tue Apr 01 2014

Nippy, fun to drive, comfortable, quite and well built. It's a small SUV/crossover but spacious inside. Great car for city use. Dashboard takes a but of getting use to so does the the right drivers leg room but its really all OK. My only complaint is you can see the reflection of the chromed air vent controls in the side mirrors which is annoying by design. One tends to look pass this while actually using the mirrors to drive though.

Escape to the future

by red from Wenatchee, Wa. on Thu Feb 20 2014

the escape is a dream to drive and handles with ease. It was the smartest thing I have done in a long time buying a new Ford.

Ruby red

by Thrifty from Oregon on Sat Jul 05 2014

I have wanted this car ever since I saw a commercial on TV showing it and the many new features but I just had to have it. It took me over a year to decide and sale my other vehicles but when I saw the lift gate that opens with just a touch of your foot and the back up camera I was definetly hooked. I went with the navigation package but didn't get the big skylight I don't use them much so I knew I would get more use out of the other features I went with. It's a very nice car or SUV very comfortable and it has so many things that I am still trying to figure out how to use everything I'm very happy with my new purchase the mileage is still a lot lower than it said which was a big reason I also went with this brand but I've only used one tank of fuel and got almost 17 mpg not even close to 25 or 30 but hopefully it will get better

So far, a pleasant surprise

by Man from Appleton from Appleton, WI on Thu Jun 05 2014

Wasn't sure that I'd like the Escape before I test-drove it, but fell in love with the handling and ergonomics and tech. Also wasn't sure that it could handle much towing, but so far (with a 4x6 trailer carrying a riding mower), it's been fine. The MPGs suffer a bit while doing that, but it's still a welcome change from the 8-cylinder Explorer SportTrac I drove for seven years. I've only put 1300 miles on the vehicle, but the handling is great, the acceleration is more than adequate, the comfort of driving and riding is far better than I thought. As of today, I'm getting around 21-22 MPG in city, 30-31 on highway when I'm not towing. The dealer (Stumpf Ford) made the transaction fast and clean. All in all, I'm pleased.

Our Take on the 2014 Ford Escape

Editor's note: This review was written in April 2012 about the 2013 Ford Escape. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2014, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Ford has released a series of good-looking cars with excellent mileage lately. But whether it's the too-cramped Fiesta interior or the sluggish transmission on the Focus, these otherwise spectacular mainstream vehicles have had a few serious flaws.

The redesigned 2013 Escape is different: No matter how hard I looked, I couldn't find anything significantly wrong with it.

A duo of new turbo engines offer better performance than the competition, the interior is roomy... Read More