Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2014 Escape

2014 Ford Escape

2014 Ford Escape

4.5

Have You Driven the 2014 Ford Escape?

Most Comfortable SUV I've Owned

by Love my Escape from Poinciana, FL on Fri Dec 12 2014

We love our 2014 Ford Escape, We love how comfortable the seats are. Love the back up camera , the other features as phone, sirius radio and the smooth ride. We just love this SUV.

good suv but poor gas mileage

by escapee from bc, canada on Sat Dec 27 2014

Pros. Good well made car. Titanium model has all the bells and whistles for a good ride. Good Sunroof, Quiet ride. Sync works well Cons. Ecoboost gas mileage quite over stated. Lack of storage in front for phones, keys etc. Narrow seats and narrow for drivers feet.

Great Car

by Ford Fan from Stewartstown, PA on Thu Jan 15 2015

I actually have a 2015 Escape. It is quiet, it handles well and it has plenty of power. I was surprised that it did not have an interior hatch release. It would be nice if it had a fold down arm rest on the right to make it more comfortable when driving. By the way, its great in the snow! Love the car!

Love it

by Love my car from Arizona on Thu Jun 05 2014

Love it . So quiet, the ride is great, I am 6.2 I feel comfortable lots of room, so many great features

Escape

by Escape owner from Chester, VA on Mon Oct 20 2014

So I usually Write reviews, but how ever I went to Haley Ford to look for a new car. that is where I met Isaac the sales consultant. Isaac knew the product well and if he did not know the answer to my question he found it out for me instead of just making something up. I would recommend Haley Ford to all of my friends and I would certainly recommend Isaac!! He know his stuff!!!!!!!

Great in the snow with good MPGs

by Northrocc from Anchorage Alaska on Sun Jun 08 2014

Compared Rav 4, CRV, and Outback. This little SUV had the best acceleration, handling, and equipment for the money. I got the 2L AWD Titanium model. Living in Alaska I love the fact that I don't have to reach into my pocket to unlock or use the push button start. Got over 2 feet of unexpected snow a few months ago. I was a little concerned and didn't see a lot of other smaller SUVs on the road, only a few full sized ones, and some of them were stuck. This thing tracked up the side of the mountain like a goat. Great car for places with snow. Absolutely love it.

we are happy so far

by builderpdx from philadelphia pa on Thu Sep 26 2013

this new escape is so much more refined than the old models. the ride is firm, but comfortable. i had driven a 2009 escape for business for 115000 miles, and although it was trouble free, it was not an enjoyable ride. The only short coming on this new escape is the seating. It offers no real feeling of being held in place, front, and the rear just isnt exciting. Overall, the price is excellant, the drive is wonderful, the upgraded motor we purchased standard in se is more than adequate, and we have averaged 27.8 mpg for the first 3 tanks of mixed driving. Our old vw rabbit got about 24 overall.

very happy with my 2014 escape

by new ford fan from Chicago, Il on Tue Mar 04 2014

After I saw the 2014 Escape it was love at first sight. And after the test drive I knew this was the car for me. I think its very roomy and the backseat is comfortable for my 8 yr son too. I test drove both the 1.6 and 2.0 and I went with the 2.0l its a smooth ride.

Pros and cons - for the money, this is a winner

by Phil from Charlotte, NC on Tue Aug 23 2016

I like to do extensive comparisons before buying a vehicle. We were looking for a Rav4, CRV, or Cherokee, but then a friend bought an Escape, so I did a comparison for fun. The Escape has all the bells and whistles of the others, and we found it at a great price. The past average reliability of the Ford line hasn't matched the others, but this generation Escape might change that. Now driving a 2014 with 110,000 miles on it and it drives like new.

2014 Ford Escape 1.6 Ecoboost AWD-My first Ford

by reluctantyouth from Peoria, Illinois on Mon Apr 14 2014

I can assure that I do not work for Ford and that I cannot believe some of the negative reviews that people have put on here. I live in Illinois and we just came out of the worst winters on record...heck it's April 14th, 2014 and we are getting light snow tonight! This CUV is very comfortable, has great visibility, handled like a champ through the snow, is quiet, peppy, and attractive. I have 5400 miles on it and picked up my Escape in October 2013. I just got the first oil change and tire rotation. The gas mileage is not on par by any means. To experiment I have driven like an aggressive Chicago driver and I have driven like a little old lady. In both scenarios the gas mileage was the same as in town I'm getting between 21 and 23. On the highway I get between 23 and 27. There is the occasional drive where I'll hit 28-29 but that's after being on the road for an hour-hour and a half. Some people are just too dang picky when it comes to storage and cup holders...my god people lay off the Starbucks and expensive water. There is enough storage to go around and I find the glove box serves its purpose. I'm 6 feet tall and weigh 315 lbs...I'm very comfortable in this CUV. This is my daily driver. I have hauled full size rugs, bikes, and even a full size (boxed) elliptical from Costco in this thing with ease. Do your homework and you will find that the RAV4 and CRV do not even come close. The only CUV that scored higher than this was the CX5. I hate Mazda with a passion and have had bud luck with two Protoges in the past so Mazda was not an option for me. I wanted tech, reliability, ease of ownership, a car built in America, and ease in finding replacement parts if ever needed. I have a 100k bumper to bumper warranty on my Escape and plan on having it for many years.

Our Take on the 2014 Ford Escape

Editor's note: This review was written in April 2012 about the 2013 Ford Escape. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2014, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Ford has released a series of good-looking cars with excellent mileage lately. But whether it's the too-cramped Fiesta interior or the sluggish transmission on the Focus, these otherwise spectacular mainstream vehicles have had a few serious flaws.

The redesigned 2013 Escape is different: No matter how hard I looked, I couldn't find anything significantly wrong with it.

A duo of new turbo engines offer better performance than the competition, the interior is roomy... Read More