1998 Ford Escort

Nice car!

by from on September 16, 2017

<h1> Car in Great Working Condition </h1> Low Miles - approx. <b> 138850 </b> <br> <br> <b> No mechanical issues. </b> Very dependable, never had any problems <br> Clean title. Tires in great shape....

Car in Great Working Condition

Low Miles - approx. 138850

No mechanical issues. Very dependable, never had any problems
Clean title. Tires in great shape. Cold A/C. Everything works! Paint faded in few areas. Alloy wheels!

Great gas mileage

by from Honey Brook, PA on September 8, 2017

1998 Ford Escort wagon, 59.000 original miles, 5 speed manual, 4 cylinder. Runs like a top! Sips gas! Surprising get up and go!

Very reliable

by on July 27, 2017

I really love the car. Ive always had escorts. I enjoy driving it. It is a really good if someone is looking for a first car. Very safe.

Very reliable

by from Eugene Oregon on June 8, 2017

This was my first car and drove great. Nothing ever went wrong just basic maintenance. Great on gas and VERY RELIABLE. I've had newer and more powerful cars after and regret giving this car away to my sister. It is not the most powerful car but $20 fills up the tank even in today's prices.

Perfect

by from on July 20, 2015

Perfect sport car good price economy and cheap spare parts. normal interior but you can put your own touch and make it looks good

I was very disappointed in the cars build quality.

by from Midland, MI on July 19, 2014

I bought a new 1998 Ford Escort SE from a local dealership. Their service practices were pretty bad. I had to have 6 fly wheel bolts replaced under warranty at 15,000 miles, due to being installed loose at the factory, and I had to have the rack & pinion replaced at 25,000 miles, due to fluid leakage under warranty. I had 8 car stereos replaced, due to defective tape players under warranty. I had to have 1 rear seat belt replaced, due to being installed incorrectly at the factory. I had an O2 sensor fail at 26,000 miles, and the bumper-to-bumper warranty did not cover it's replacement!. I had to have the leather steering wheel replaced under warranty, due to material flaking/pealing, I also had to have the steering wheel mounted cruise control switches replaced under warranty, due to the fact that they came loose from the steering wheel assembly. The blower motor failed at 62,000 miles. The over all quality of the car was pretty bad. This car is basically a Mazda in a Ford Skin. I still have the car but, if I had know what a headache this car was going to be, I would not have bought it!

runs forever cheaply

by from Lebo,Kansas on July 15, 2012

I bought this car new in 98 have put one timing belt and two altnators on it other than that just gas,oil,and tires, got over 305,000 miles on it and still get 32 to 35 mpg at 75mph. I drive it about 320 miles a week

Has not given up

by from Akron OH on May 26, 2012

We recieved our Escort about a week ago and it was in terrible shape. The odometer read just over 261,000 and the seats were FILTHY. I am 13 now. I beg that it makes it three more years. People say it will not. But, the Escort is basically a Mazda Protege so I'm guessing it will. Anyway, I am planning to get it some aftermarket hubcaps. We had taken my grandmother's duct tape and make racing stripes on it. So far so good.

Excellent Car - Best in class

by from on November 16, 2011

Excellent use out of the car so far, very roomy, Mustang size interior, slick but economic. Almost to 200k miles and still going strong!

excellent car

by from Illinois on May 16, 2011

Great little car i have a 98 zx2 escort coupe. nice amount of torque comfortable front seats rear seats are a bit tight. 150k haven't had to many issues with it have had to replace the exhaust twice but i have a lifetime warranty on it so no cost to me. fun to drive an gets decent mileage about 24 city and i am a pretty agresive driver

Our Expert Review: 1998 Ford Escort