2005 Ford Excursion

A Tank on Wheels

by from Miami, FL on July 23, 2017

A TRUE SUV! They simply do not make them like this anymore. All around all purpose vehicle. Truly recommend!

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Awesome Vehicle, Very Safe, Head Turner, Rare

by from Manitou Springs, Colorado on May 15, 2017

Very Sturdy, Awesome Performance, Great Resale and Very in Demand. A little rough riding in town, but what can you say for a 10,000 pound vehicle. Very Quiet running, Great on the highway, Very commanding presence.

Work horse 2005 turbo Diesel

by from Meridian ms on October 12, 2014

I bought a 2005 excursion diesel in 2006 with 16,000 miles on. I have 152,000 miles on now and will never get rid of this vehicle. I pull a toy hauler with my motorcycle in, over the Rockies every year, and it's an absolute pleasure! It doesn't even know it's towing anything. Yes, things do go wrong mechanically, but it's still worth it. The engine has never been opened and it doesn't leak or use a drop of oil.

Uses car for Towing

just bought 2005 turbo diesel

by from tempe az on June 25, 2014

I see all these mixed reviews im very impressed so far w/ it my first diesel vehicle hope all good reviews are true any input appreciated

Love it

by from on May 1, 2014

I bought it new in 2000 and still have it now. I love this truck, it has been in 4 crashes demolishing the other cars, but only scratching the paint on it. I towed a 24ft boat, this truck will haul anything. It now has 220,000 miles and is still running strong. The only problem we had was the gas tank came loose while driving down the road, but all it took was a bolt that costed $20... This truck is awesome

Good Vehicle if you want a truck but need a SUV

by from on November 12, 2013

There is no way around it the Excursion feels like a truck, drives like a truck, and is a truck with a SUV body attached. But if you need a vehicle that can haul everything and tow a house while providing the comforts provided by a SUV, the Excursion is the way to go. With the diesel engine you can have your cake and eat it too with 15-18 mpg or better, with a vehicle that has a 6.0l engine and weighs 9000lbs.

Excellent Truck

by from Tucson, Az on June 4, 2013

Bought our Eddie Bauer diesel 4 years ago and still lovin' it. Did have some problems with the fuel system but nothing I couldn't fix. We call her "The Lady" and she's got excellent manners. We love the power, versatility, and yes even the mileage. She'll pull a house down.

bad suv,bad!!!

by from DALLAS TX on May 13, 2013

these trucks are not good and i do not understand all these good reviews and then i saw why. most of these people have only owened this suv for a mont or has only 70,000 miles or so. well any car can get that far even a kia. but when these go over about 120,000 everything goes bad. a/c starts to leak freon, costs at least 400 to repair, the steering becomes lose so its undrivable cost more thsn 1000, the seats and arm rest tore up, and the egr system goes out on the engine and thats more than 1500, and that causes cataletics to go out, then the turbo its endless. and your better off with the diesel than the gas engines they are worse and have no performance at all the intirior desing is as bad as the extirior it has been looking like that since the f250s from the 90s. the front end is what looks the best because thats prety much all that has changed since then the 90s. so try to stay away from these trucks if you want a big suv your better off with the suburban that is why they still make it, 75 years in the making. and excursion was so bad that they only made it like five years.

Best vehicle ever!

by from Pennsylvania Philly on December 15, 2012

Love this vehicle! Gets 20mpg highway all day long with the 6.0 power stroke. I do recommend the bullydog tuner to make it have more pickup.

Lie after lie

by from Annapolis md on September 3, 2012

I drove all the way out and was told the car was sold. Called again and was told the vehicle was across the street. We drove back out to find a huge Piece of junk. I have never scene so much caked on mud and dirt on a vehicles undercarriage. The rust, leaks, etc. Stay away from the 2005 excursion. This truck is trouble. So are the salesman.

Uses car for Towing