1999 Ford Expedition

My favorite vehicle I've ever owned. Love, loved i

by from Semmes, Al on August 21, 2017

I love, love, love, this vehicle. It's the best one I've ever owned. I wish I had a new one. My kids loved it also.

LeonidisSupertramp

by from Kokomo, IN on July 18, 2017

I love my expedition & can't see driving anything smaller. It was reliable & comfortable. Tons of leg room & kid room

Awesome car.

by from Gilbert on July 6, 2017

This car is spacey, has room for everyone and is very fun to travel in with the whole family. My personal opinion on the car is that it's really reliable and for me, this car is the one that holds the most amazing memories i've had in a car.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Served me well for 10 years.

by from Delafield, WI on June 25, 2017

I bought it used in 2007 with 86K and sold it in 2017 with 160K. Still ran when I sold it but had a crankshaft bearing knock. Probably because I went too long between oil changes. Otherwise it served me well for 10 years with no major problems. The guy I sold it to will put a different engine in it and it will keep going. Body was in good shape for 18 years old.

Very Reliable

by from Cavalier, ND on June 3, 2017

This vehicle took care of my family of 5 for 7 years now. It drives nice, goes through a lot, beings I live in the country, in winter. Never afraid of being stuck somewhere. Only downfall is gas mileage. Not horrible, but not the best either. On a good day, maybe 16 mpg.

Big smooth ride

by from Milford, PA on May 16, 2017

Heavy weight provides smooth ride and safety. Poor gas mileage , but uses regular with a 30 gallon tank.

The Best Car To Buy

by from Madison, Wi on March 8, 2017

My uncle had bought the 1999 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4X4 in 1999. Then in 2002 my dad took over that truck. It was a good truck. It did not have the radio working, or heater and air conditioner working. It was still a good truck. Just recently the Expedition broke in December of 2013 due to a bad starter. In November 2015 my uncle came by Thanksgiving break to change out the 2 out of 8 spark plugs. Then my dad took it to a mechanic to gets it's starter changed. It's been staying at our house dead for four years now. It does need an oil change, spark plugs, alternator, Optima battery, brake rotor, calipers, and brake lines. It also needs it's right view mirror back to the original. Another thing it needs is it's heating, and air conditioning system. I already have the radio for it. I plan to fix the car (it's not a for sure decision yet). It's a great car to drive overall. By the way my Expedition needs new tires. I recommend the Bridgestone winter tires on them. I'm from Detroit, but moved to Madison, Wi in 2004. I'm fifteen years old, and I want this car back.

Ford tough

by from Reidsville on November 2, 2016

I WOULD NEVER GET RID OF MY BABY she's BEEN A BREATHTAKING EXPERIENCE WITH HER SHE'S DEFFENTLY MADE ME

17 and still going strong

by from Houston, TX on January 13, 2016

I bought this car with 8 miles on it. I selected to smaller engine and place a transmission cooler on it. It has towed a 5000 lb trailer up mountain passes, navigated hills covered with ice and snow, pulled my 26 foot sailboat out of the gulf, survived being hit from behind by a Chevy, survived hitting a black cow on a rural highway at night, and has 225K miles on it. I have a valve that taps on it, otherwise it runs the same as the day I brought it home. It has pulled my trailer to 16 states, many of them mountainous. I have purchased brakes, tires, oil, batteries, and a rear seal for it. I need to replace an ignition coil because it occasionally misfired towing a trailer to Denver last week. I is far more reliable than my other car, a BMW 530i. We just replaced the OEM radio. Now I have Bluetooth!

Very Sad to Part with Old Friend

by from Chicago on February 18, 2014

I bought my 1999 Expedition XLT in 2002 w/ 72k miles, I am the second owner. The normal mechanical issues, radiator, compressor, alternator, generator, starter, exhaust system, trailing arm suspension all had to be replaced. (just once)Maintenance was performed regularly on this vehicle. I averaged less than $800 per year on maintenance over the life of this vehicle. This truck was very dependable and made several trips of 1000 miles in a single day to see family, great road vehicle!! Never garage kept, always started on the coldest of days!!! Took vehicle in to be repaired this week and my mechanic gave me the bad news, do not spend any more money on this vehicle. My mechanic said I had some bad seals, too costly to fix. So at 305,600+ miles (original engine & tranny) I am going to trade it in on a 2005 or newer Expedition & hope I have the same luck with the next Expedition!!! I really wanted to get 400,000 miles on this truck!!!

Our Expert Review: 1999 Ford Expedition