2005 Explorer Sport Trac

4.4 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Finally!!

by Little Red Truck in SC from on February 7, 2011

I've wanted a Sport Track since they came out, and finally got mine a little over a year ago. I could not be happier! Being a woman, I didn't want a huge truck, but I still needed the ability to haul stuff, and look cute doing it. My little red truck does just that, and never gives me any problems. I've been told the back seat could be more comfortable, but who cares, I don't sit back there.

A true work horse

by Andi from Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands on November 16, 2008

Bought my Sport Trac 1 year ago and I love it. It is perfect for the beach with the easy to clean rubber matting inside the cab and all the scuba gear and coolers can go inside the bed which can be locked. No need to go straight home after a dive to avoid it being stolen. I also use it to haul horse food and hay on occation. I remove the lid from the bed (which is no big deal,even as a woman I can do it by myself). It has plenty of power to haul a heavy load without straining. It also cleans up nicely for a night on the town with plenty of room for friends.

The best belend of Passenger and Cargo.

by Ed from The swamp. on June 18, 2008

The only real problem i've had with this truck since i've had it is that one of the power windows was stuck for a time, but that issued resolved it's self. It's a little difficult climbing into at times, and it's turning radius is a little lacking, but for a vehicle this size it's still in my book well above average. the interior desine could accomdate more features such as more dedicated power ports inside the cab. Otherwise, Excellent truck to invest in if you want to have the Passenger capability of a car and the Capacity to hall a good bit of Cargo.

2005 Explorer Sport Trac

by pa cowgirl from PA on November 10, 2010

I researched like crazy for a vehicle that would suit my needs. Safety, room for kids and ability to haul a big buck or a few bales of hay. I was totally pleased with my Ford Explorer's performance and reliability so I went with checking out the Sport Trac. I think they are somewhat overpriced, being you can have a F150 for a lot less, but I loved the appearance of the Sport Trac. I found one via this website and I am very happy with how sporty it is and the features are great. Hopefully it will last as long as my Explorer did and if so, I will own another Sport Trac in the future.

Best Lil' Truck

by Colorado Native from Colorado Springs, CO on December 14, 2013

I've owned several trucks over the years, including an F-150 and a GMC Yukon (4DR, 4WD, truck frame). When it comes to getting around town or the back roads, my Sport Trac beats them all. It carries five adults in comfort, has no problems navigating round, unimproved roads, I've been all over Colorado in it, and before that, Germany, where it performed with aplomb on the Autobahn, rock-steady at 95 mph. Sadly, it has a governor on it, set to a few mph below 100, so I never got anywhere near the 130 mph limit of my H-rated tires. The second issue has to do with their factory front rotors. Horrible! They warped in a heartbeat, as did the replacements I installed at 31k miles, despite babying them for months. The final issue involves the rather stupid placement of the impact gas shutoff switch. It's been kicked off by right-seat passengers so often I lost count. First time cost me $100 for a shyster organization in Denver to "fix" the problem. Aside from these three flaws (less than any other car I've owned), it's a great vehicle. Very happy with it!

still like it

by wyomack from wyoming on March 13, 2008

Still like it after 2 years, this is our second one and 3rd in the family. looks good drives comfortably, nvh issues on the 05 more than the 04 or the 03 model but still a good vehicle. rear seatbelts are not located comfortably but free extensions from dealer help that. on long road trips have averaged 23-24 mpg in warm weather, in town usually 17-19 ours have been 2wd models. in snow with 2wd 2 bags of sand and you can go up to 5 inches of snow before spining out, 4 wheeler fits in the back fine.

Super nice truck!

by Wood Guy on July 15, 2017

Great driving truck. newer brakes, shocks, tires. With only 110,000 miles on it, there are a lot of miles left in her. Lots of cool features like power rear window, power sunroof, removable extension for bed, etc.

Totally Excellent

by shu from Piffard, new York on September 9, 2011

Not to be partial but this is one of the finest and most courteous outfits of sales I have dealt with in all my years of buying vehicles. A real caring business.

Sweet Deal

by love trucks from Menasha Wi on May 19, 2016

We purchased a 2005 from Tri City Auto in Menasha. They were great in helping us decide. The truck is in great condition. Rides like a dream. We will send family and friends to them Thanks.. Joe Viotto and Steve Wydeven. We just love it. Thanks

FORD JUST KEEP COMING!

by BUTCH B from LOUISVILLE KY on November 3, 2010

I WAS GOING TO GET A EXPEDITION! BUT ENDED UP WITHA SPORT TRAC! WHAT A SURPRISE! THE SOFT RIDE, AND GREAT INTERIOR IS A PLUS!

1 2 3