1992 Ford F 150

Love my truck

by from Carlsbad, NM on February 8, 2015

I bought my 92 Supercab Flareside 4x4 in September 2014 with 181,000 miles on the 5.8L. I have already put another 6,000 on it, driving it as far as Phoenix, Houston, Albuquerque and El Paso. I drive it 50+ miles a day getting to and from work. I have had to make some repairs and improvements like replacing the ball joints, tierods, and shocks, and upgrading the exhaust but it has never not gotten me where I needed to go and has never not started. The reliability of this truck is outstanding even at almost 200k. The ONLY downside is the 9mpg. Wouldn't trade it for anything.

Love my truck

by from IHB Florida on August 9, 2008

I bought it after it had been sitting in a driveway for 6 months and the previous owner had only been maintaining it by getting the oil changed. it needs new tires new serpentine belt something in my engine is wrong paint job brakes even though it needs all of that it is the most reliable truck we have. It starts up everytime. Goes through Hurricanes like a champ. Wouldnt want another truck even though it gets 13 miles to the gallon

Geo F150

by from PA on April 10, 2012

Bought this very used. I wanted a truck for hunting, fishing, camping and some hauling, I bought a Tundra but it was too nice. I found the F150 a few weeks later. Comfortable, NO. Pretty, NO Gets the job done with reliability and does what I want from a truck, YES. EZ to work on (Straight 6) I put cheap wrangler skins on it, should have gone with Grabbers from General. Shocks go on in two days (Ranchos), should make an improvement in ride and handling. Looks, rides and performs like a truck and like they say, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then...

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

3rd Ford Truck I've owned in a year.

by from Garden City, KS on February 25, 2007

This is my third Truck that i have owned in a year. I bought it used with 132,000 mi and it had been sitting for 2-3 months so I didn't know what i was geting, when i got I found out that a tree fell on the bed and the suspention was hurt a little. but it runs good, but different from the carb 300 I6. I do think it's due for an engine and tranny rebuild, but not untill this fall. It is a very well reliable truck. I paid, in the mid $2000-3000 but i didn't get the stock rims, i got rims off of a mustang. it looks rediculous.

great truck

by from McConnellsburg PA on February 17, 2007

this was my first that i have owned. I bought it used and it had been siting awile so ididnt know what i was geting but when i got it running good it was a very good reliable truck.

Good, reliable truck. Served me well for years.

by from Columbus, Ohio on September 22, 2017

Great for light hauling. Truck has two (2) gas tanks which is nice if you do not like to stop for gas. A new engine was installed at about 121,000 miles.

Very nice truck

by from Indiana on March 21, 2017

Very nice truck. Bought for $550 dollars with rust and a rusted frame. It was in rough shape on bottom of bed and on frame but fixed it up and its a $2-3 thousand dollar truck. Never left me walking and pulled and hulled anything that I put it up to.

Great Value!

by from St. James, MN on April 7, 2017

This truck suits my needs very well. I was looking for a used truck to pull my boat. This truck came with a plow, which is a bonus!

Uses car for Towing

Hard worker

by from Nashville, TN on July 17, 2017

Great all around pickup. Can't be overworked. The look of the 90's dual tone and the power of the 4x4 V8 make a great combo. Dual fuel tanks only problem.

Our Expert Review: 1992 Ford F 150