1997 Ford F 150

Reliable truck for a good price.

by from Eagles Mere,Pa on July 15, 2017

Very reliable truck that made it to 180k miles. Would still have it, if not for the rust that put a hole in the frame.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

VERY RELIABLE VEHICLE

by from WILLIAMSTOWN on July 14, 2017

I have owned my ford for about 10 years now. It rarely had any issues besides just normal maintenance. everything that i have ever thrown at it or asked from it did it absolutely flawlessly. would strongly recommend this truck to anyone in search of an affordable vehicle

Hated to see it go

by from Knoxville, TN on July 4, 2017

I owned this truck from 2003-2017. Over 14 years I had to replace a number of odd ball parts. This includes a few PVC valves, tons of spark plugs, plug wires, headlight switch, passenger door lock switch, passenger window motor, under dash computer system, reverse switch on the transmission, radiator, clutch, brake calipers, and a blinker switch. This does not include normal things like brakes, tires, etc.. it had 180K miles when I sold it. I loved the truck overall. Took me across the country a few times and rarely left me on the side of the road. Being a popular model I was always able to find cheap parts. I had to sell as things just kept breaking.. and besides a commuter car I used the truck to go way out in the national forests, so I needed reliability.

20 years old

by from Wilmington, DE on June 26, 2017

It's been a great truck for me. I've owned it for 18 years. I've used it for towing, 4-wheeling in the snow, commuting to work, and traveling. I have gotten my money's worth for sure. There have been a few repairs to be sure but it's been 18 years. It was my first Ford truck and I now prefer Ford trucks.

Uses car for Towing

Very practical

by from Ballwin, MO on June 5, 2017

Great to have and it can do so many things from towing to hauling. You also have a lot of friends who come up with good uses for a truck

Very good truck iam selling mine

by from Chicsgo il on June 4, 2017

This truck is very dependable and very good for moving stuff this truck will last a life time the only reason iam selling mine is i am getting older and have a hard time climbing in and out of it i need a car

Love this truck

by from Independence, Mo. on June 1, 2017

I bought this truck new in 1997. It's now given me 20 years of mostly trouble free use. The only real problem I've had was a check engine light and I had to replace a MAF sensor. Other than that it's been trouble free.

Very durable vehicle and looks great

by from Niagara Falls on May 6, 2017

I bought this truck off my dad it has the 4.6 and 4 wheel drive. Is very dependable and durable. The truck is also black and looks mean

Very dependable

by from Greenwood, SC on May 3, 2017

Very good even at 21 years old this vehicle runs and drives as good as when it was new. Very little maintenance over years.

Awesome for the price

by from Fowler, CO on December 6, 2015

I bought my 1997 Ford F150 in 1999. It has been my daily driver ever since. I have put 250,000 miles on the motor and it still runs like the day I brought it home. It's comfortable, and been reliable since purchase. After 18 years of moving the only real problem I have had is the paint is beginning to fade and wear. I will keep this truck til it retires itself.

Our Expert Review: 1997 Ford F 150