1998 Ford F 150

Nice Solid Truck

by from Frederick, Maryland on January 28, 2010

I recently had purchased my first full size truck; a 1998 F150. This truck is a solid work machine and at the same time has good style and class. I really enjoy getting the positive attention that one receives while driving. As for performance, the truck was equipped with the tow package and is geared at a low ratio. Lots of power and as for gas millage about 16-18mpg high way. Which is relatively close to a mid size truck, but with more room and allot more truck. I would recommend this truck to anyone who actually needs a truck for working purposes, towing and hauling, ect.

Very durable and trouble free

by from Ticonderoga, NY on July 5, 2009

I have 290,000 miles on mine and no problems. The four wheel drive engages inside the cab and offers 4-high and 4-low. The 4-low four wheel drive is very powerful.

I like a plain Jane

by from Western Massachusetts on June 2, 2007

I have a 1998 Ford F-150 with the six cylinder engine and the standard transmission. I don't have to pull stumps out of the ground but I do have to carry 1200 to 1500 pounds of music equipment every weekend, sometimes over roads that are not all that well paved. I have never had a breakdown on the road, and only routine maintainance such as battery, serpentine belt and tensioner, brake pads, clutch and throwout bearing, oil and filter, air filter. My F-150 has been good to me and has never left me stuck at the side of the road. It now has 156,000 miles on it and is still running strong.

Old Reliable

by from Lafayette ,IN on September 26, 2013

Bought my 150 in 2004.I have put over 173,000 miles on it and still get great performance. New alternator and left front brake line is all I've done. Just a great all around truck. Plan on keeping it for many years.

best truck for money

by from fort worth tx on December 6, 2011

i bought my 1998 ford 4x4 used and it has been an excellent truck, i paid $8900 for it 2 yrs ago and it has 12100 miles on it then , now i have 154000 miles still running strong no problems.

Great Truck

by from San Francisco, Ca. on December 30, 2008

Owned since new - 50th anniversary edition. Only three failures: hood latch, alternator and fan switch. I have over 90K and it runs great and looks good too!

Great Truck

by from Smithville, OH on March 12, 2007

I've owned this truck for 2 years and not had a problem with it just regular maintenance. Gas mileage could be better i'm getting 13 city and 15 highway but what do you expect from a 4.6 liter v-8. overall nice truck!

Been great

by from Ohio on February 17, 2015

Bought my '98 f-150 more than 15 years ago. I don't drive it a lot, but when I have, it hasn't let me down. I have 83,000 miles on it and the only things that have quit on it have been the cd player and a/c compressor and just last year, the original battery finally quit after 16 years and that's the truth! For having a truck for over 15 years and those being the only things that have gone wrong, I can't complain one bit. I have kept up with all maintenance and it's been a great truck and I plan to keep it as long as it keeps running and looking good.

This trucks been a great vehicle from day 1

by from MINNEAPOLIS ,MN. on February 20, 2017

Never had a single problem with this truck . In 4 wheel she run thru the snow like its not there . The 3rd door makes this truck perfect for all my needs

Uses car for Off-roading

best car in the world

by from on September 18, 2011

we have this car since 99 and here we are 11 years later with 300,000 miles and it still runs like new.

Our Expert Review: 1998 Ford F 150