2007 Ford F 150

Toyoda shmoyoda

by from Ogden, Utah on February 7, 2011

We have had our ' 07 F150 nearly 4 years. We have had zero problems. It is a daily driver. It is the XL 2 wd which was also the cheapest one on the lot that day. For a "stripped down" model it sure has a lot going for it. The V6 has tremendous torque , the auto trans is smooth as glass, the AC is cold , the sound system plays MP3 and will blow us out the door at full volume with no distortion. The cab is super quiet , the tail gate locks , the spare tire access locks , the seats recline , the steering wheel tilts , there is a lumbar support in the driver's seat , it hold nearly 36 gallons of gas and gets in the middle 20s on the highway and 16 to 18 in the city. There is more than enough storage room behind the seats and in the doors. Great for long road trips which we enjoy as often as possible. The range is phenomenal. It is , without a doubt , the best we have ever had. We have had them all at one time or another. My friends ' 06 Tundra has already eaten a fuel pump and one disc rotor. Ours has 4 wheel disc brakes , and an unbendable frame and stock over load suspension. His 'yoda doesn't. If we ever need another new one , which is doubtful , it will definitely be a Ford.

This truck is awesome.

by from Oswego NY on January 14, 2011

I have always owned Chevy trucks but this F150 has changed me forever. The 5.4L Triton 300 HP engine has plenty of power & the quietness of the ride is sweet. I was surprised of how much I could fit in the backseat on my first trip to the store. Smooth comfortable ride and sharp looking. Thank you Ford. Goodbye Chevy.

best value for your money

by from on January 14, 2009

own a 2007 crewcab lariat. best truck i've ever owned. Never had an issue with it. would buy again if i would be in the market, but i have a feeling this truck will last me a long time...!!!

Easy process

by from South Shore, MA on September 15, 2013

So happy to have a truck again. I was able to find exactly what I wanted. The dealer was great also. Made life so much easier to look, find and buy. At home in a truck

Best truck on the road

by from Indianapolis on December 9, 2010

I had this truck for a year now and it is by far the best truck I have owned. Good power and assessed nicely. Haven't tried the 4wd much.

solid as a rock

by from Boston, MA on August 27, 2007

Bought it in 2004 when the redesign first hit the market. Haven't had a single problem with it since. The truck's ride is extremely comfortable, handling is good, and the interior styling is exceptional. Fit and finish are top notch and the truck has a real solid feel to it. All in all, an excellent truck and in my opinion the best full size available on the market today. Of course, even with the best available, there's always room for improvement and there are a few wish list items that come to mind. 1. Improved braking. This truck is solid and that contributes a lot to the comfort of its ride. However, that solidity comes at the cost of weight. This is one heavy truck and beefier brakes wouldn't hurt. 2. Fuel economy. Again, a solid heavy truck takes away from fuel economy. That hydraulic hybrid technology that's been rumored to be in the 2008 F-150 would be a nice addition if Ford can pull it off while keeping the cost to the consumer under control. 3. Power. The F-150 has a lot of power, but it is a lot of truck. Additional power never hurts. Again, it's a balance between power, weight, and fuel economy. Overall, still an excellent and reliable vehicle.

Excellent

by from on November 20, 2008

I would drive one before i would get into anything else. The price for the features you get are almost unbeatable.

Yeah it ain't too bad

by from Richmond, VA on April 15, 2014

It's aiiiight. Looks great! I wish it weren't so daggone expensive new. It's the truck every American man wants to drive.

Uses car for Towing

Nice Truck! (if you are mechanically inclinded)

by from East Thetford,VT on June 12, 2015

I like everything about the truck, styling is still updated, powerful engine, good for towing a boat, no rust! and it fit into my budget for used. Someone else mentioned the spark plug issue with 2004-2008 Ford Triton engines, mine was no exception. Even though I took it back to the dealer, they did not fix it completely, so I replaced sparkplugs myself, one broke off, I extracted it myself, replaced all the coils; truck runs new now.. The average person should avoid these years for 3-valve engines, unless it is known the work has already been completed, as it spells possible high repair costs. Do some reading online concerning this, and carefully make your own decision.

Uses car for Towing

Great Truck!

by from Kentucky on December 20, 2012

I own a 07 FX4 F150 with a little over 121K miles on it. I have had a couple of issues. I have replaced the heater controls twice as well as the heat bleand door. The only major issue was the pump in the auto trans blew up and trashed the trans. at about 75k miles. But I had loaned the truck and they were pulling a large trailer. It was hot summer time in South Alabama and they forgot to turn the overdirve off evertime they started the truck. I argued about the reman Ford trans had a 100k mile warranty and the new only had 60k mile warranty. But I use this truck for work and have hauled many heavy loads and towed heavy trailers for many miles with no issues. When I replace this truck in a couple of years. I plan to buy anotherone just like it only I plan to try the EccoBoost engine. My 5.4 has done a good job....But needs a little more power pulling a trailer at highway speeds.

Our Expert Review: 2007 Ford F 150