Toyoda shmoyoda

by from Ogden, Utah on February 7, 2011

We have had our ' 07 F150 nearly 4 years. We have had zero problems. It is a daily driver. It is the XL 2 wd which was also the cheapest one on the lot that day. For a "stripped down" model it sure has a lot going for it. The V6 has tremendous torque , the auto trans is smooth as glass, the AC is cold , the sound system plays MP3 and will blow us out the door at full volume with no distortion. The cab is super quiet , the tail gate locks , the spare tire access locks , the seats recline , the steering wheel tilts , there is a lumbar support in the driver's seat , it hold nearly 36 gallons of gas and gets in the middle 20s on the highway and 16 to 18 in the city. There is more than enough storage room behind the seats and in the doors. Great for long road trips which we enjoy as often as possible. The range is phenomenal. It is , without a doubt , the best we have ever had. We have had them all at one time or another. My friends ' 06 Tundra has already eaten a fuel pump and one disc rotor. Ours has 4 wheel disc brakes , and an unbendable frame and stock over load suspension. His 'yoda doesn't. If we ever need another new one , which is doubtful , it will definitely be a Ford.

This truck is awesome.

by from Oswego NY on January 14, 2011

I have always owned Chevy trucks but this F150 has changed me forever. The 5.4L Triton 300 HP engine has plenty of power & the quietness of the ride is sweet. I was surprised of how much I could fit in the backseat on my first trip to the store. Smooth comfortable ride and sharp looking. Thank you Ford. Goodbye Chevy.

best value for your money

by from on January 14, 2009

own a 2007 crewcab lariat. best truck i've ever owned. Never had an issue with it. would buy again if i would be in the market, but i have a feeling this truck will last me a long time...!!!

Easy process

by from South Shore, MA on September 15, 2013

So happy to have a truck again. I was able to find exactly what I wanted. The dealer was great also. Made life so much easier to look, find and buy. At home in a truck

Nice Truck! (if you are mechanically inclinded)

by from East Thetford,VT on June 12, 2015

I like everything about the truck, styling is still updated, powerful engine, good for towing a boat, no rust! and it fit into my budget for used. Someone else mentioned the spark plug issue with 2004-2008 Ford Triton engines, mine was no exception. Even though I took it back to the dealer, they did not fix it completely, so I replaced sparkplugs myself, one broke off, I extracted it myself, replaced all the coils; truck runs new now.. The average person should avoid these years for 3-valve engines, unless it is known the work has already been completed, as it spells possible high repair costs. Do some reading online concerning this, and carefully make your own decision.

Uses car for Towing

Recall 200/2011 F150`s

by from on May 25, 2011

Watch out for the door windows ! The mechanism will beak with absolutely no warning and the glass will drop down through the door..You may come out of the mall like I did and find the glass had done just that..You don't need to be using the window it will break on its on. Search on Google for this problem you will be amazed at how many have this problem, There is even a web page just for it.

Firm Riding Ford

by from Duncanville Texas on June 12, 2007

I test drove my 07 F150 STX about 10 miles , all on the highway( big mistake). I did not however take it on some rough roads , paved or otherwise. Had I , I probably would not have made the purchase. It rides rough on bumpy roads, i.e . " The suicide small doors sound like they could fly open at any moment. You absolutely have to make sure to slam the rear doors to make sure they are closed. You can travel on residential streets with normal bumps and dips and the doors have a rattle that just cannot be explained. I strongly recommend to any potential buyer to check the ride I am describing on a bumpy road, Judge for yourself.I bought the regular cab model and I am not at all happy with the ride.I do like my truck to ride like a truck, not a car. I had a 95' model that actually rode much better.

Best truck on the road

by from Indianapolis on December 9, 2010

I had this truck for a year now and it is by far the best truck I have owned. Good power and assessed nicely. Haven't tried the 4wd much.

Excellent

by from on November 20, 2008

I would drive one before i would get into anything else. The price for the features you get are almost unbeatable.

Most powerful vehicle in towing and hauling

by from Pittsburgh, Pa on November 27, 2006

Most trucks i have driven lose power on up hill terrain; even more noted when hauling a 1,000 pound load or towing a 7,000 pound trailer. But the 2006 Ford F-150 with the avalible 5.4L Triton V8 demonstartes that not all trucks lose power; especially when hauling your work to a job site. Uphill the inovative 3 valves allow the F-150 too tow a 9,900 pound load and not even break a sweat. Although the price of the King Ranch is set at a base MSRP of around 37,000 dollars; most people using it stirictly as a "work truck" should opt for the XLT. MSRP for the XLT is set at 24,000 dollars it has the options of all cab sizes, box sizes, and engine options. powers windows, locks, etc. are all standard. The versitile XLT is the way to go, for both price and functionality.

Similar Models