Read or write a review.

3.9
Average based on 19 reviews

Strong motor

by from Little Rock, AR on December 19, 2011

Nice truck. Can pull a house. Heard issues with 6.0 motor....but I have no concerns so far. I really like the styling of the Heavy Duty Fords.

best diesel truck I've owned

by from columbus ohio on November 18, 2011

I've been a diesel truck driver for 40 years and I would say that the O5 is one of the best. It has outstanding power and never fails.

Reliable w/ low maintenance

by from Port Angeles, WA on January 17, 2011

Reliability is of paramount importance while owning my own business. These trucks are unsurpassed for reliability.

DO NOT BUY Powerstroke 6.0

by from Eastern Ia on March 11, 2011

I would not recommend the powerstroke motor to anyone. I bought my truck thinking I was getting the quality of the old 7.3. The 6.0 is nothing more than scrap metal as far as Im concerned. Mine has had 3 EGR replacements, oil cooler, oil pump, 9 injectors....yes the truck only has 8 of them...and a laundry list of other items to the tune of 20k in repairs from 60k miles to 125k and it needs thousands more now. I take good care of my trucks, all maintenance is completed on time and and as recommended. I drive mostly highway miles. This motor bares the name and now is destroying the reputation "Powerstroke" once held. I only drive diesel trucks and will NEVER buy another FORD.

Wish I had my 96 powerstroke.

by from Lodi,Ohio on May 24, 2011

Have had quality issues from the git-go. Bought the vehicle new and after 100 miles both felt dust seals for the front wheel bearings (4WD) were flopping on the axle. At 27,000 miles, the dealer replaced the turbo as well as the right rear brake caliper. Taking a trip to Fla. this winter, the brakes were squealing something fierce. The Fla. dealer would not warranty anything and I paid $710 plus change for a total brake job on a truck with only 53,411 miles on it!! They said the sliders on the calipers were too rusty. The only thing I ever changed on my 96 F250 were the frontpads and rear shoes after 70K plus miles. Rotors and drums were turned once . I had 211,000 plus miles on it. This truck has always been serviced by the dealer at recommended intervals. To top it all off, the turbo is making noise again. I just hope they fix it under warranty so I can dump this unreliable piece of junk. Am shopping around for a diesel truck that is truly built tough, not in name only.

2005 F-250 super cab 6.0 diesel

by from Nor-Cal on February 13, 2013

This truck, trans, and engine are made to pull! The truck is used to pull a 28ft trailer, tows great and has ample power. The integrated trailer towing setting on the truck and trailer brake are awesome. I Scored a 2005 SD, SC, Lariat, FX4 LB w/59K in 2013 to replace my 1994 F-350 7.3. This is an awesome truck. The 6.0L Powerstroke is incredible. I did a lot of research on the 6.0 before purchasing and the info I took away on the so called inherent problems is that they are mostly due to the power mods folks do. Mine is completely stock and I plan to keep it that way. The truck commands the road and traffic. It's loaded with just about every option and very comfortable. Leather is top quality, roomy, eye appealing inside and out. Handles well for being as big as it is. Have only had it a short time and I get many compliments. I liked the 2005 model changes to the grill best so went with that year. Suits me just fine. If it's like my other Fords, I'll get years of reliable service. I average 16 to 17mpg in town. On the highway, I get over 21 mpg if I am driving 65-70mph and 15-17mpg if I am loaded up or trailering@60-65mph. I plan to keep this truck for many years.

Uses car for Towing

I couldn't ask for more in a truck

by from Sacramento, CA on December 26, 2008

I've owned this truck for three years. The power from the diesel motor is quick to respond and the transmission shifts intelligently. After three years of driving and offroad use, there are no squeaks, rattles, etc. The driver controls are well placed and I highly suggest getting the advanced electronics package for the controls on the steering wheel. The trucks turning radius is much better than previous Ford's I have owned. The steering is true and straight with no wonder or drift in the controls. The cruise control is too aggressive on hills and has to be turned off when approaching hills to prevent ridiculous accelerator movement. Overall, the F250 is a great truck and a real workhorse. I have experienced no engine or transmission problems and no diesel specific problems what-so-ever. Treat your trucks well and they will run reliably for a long time.

Muscle and comfort

by from Illinois on May 11, 2010

This truck crosses barriers for me. My F15 KRanch was as close to a cadilac ride wise as I believe a truck can or should be. All of the 1 ton models I drove felt like a bobtail truck. The F250 give's the power of the 1 tons and comes very close to the comfort of a 1/2 ton. This makes my wife and I both happy. Thanks Ford

Great truck!

by from Twin Falls ID on September 20, 2009

I have driven and towed with this truck all over the west including many dirt and back roads for 4 years.It has never let me down.Everything still works as new.

Worst engine ever

by from on July 2, 2010

The F250s have a 5.4 liter triotn engine in it that likes to tick, and cause problems with lifters, cams, and valves. After 145 thousand miles, the engine blew. I had the oil changed every 6000 miles with synthetic oil, and the darn thing still blew. I bought a 2nd F250, and am having the same problem. I use these trucks for work, and are maintained on schedule, and am still having troubles. If you are looking for a long lasting work tuck, the F250 is not for you. My opinion is - you should run.

Similar Models