Love my F- 250 lariat diesel 4X4

by from Round hill, KY on September 3, 2012

Had out grown my '97 F-150 (which still is a winner with 235 k under her frame). Was in search of a newer F-250 4X4 Extended cab, long bed, diesel 6.4. I am wanting to pull a gooseneck 3 horse trailer and travel. Plus an all around family/ farm truck. I found mine via Internet and she will last me 10 to 15 years. Have been very happy with the way she handles, feels and responds. In 3 weeks I've put over 3000 miles on her. Our family of 5 is comfortable traveling in her. Being a Lariat the buttons a whistles are great and make the ride even more relaxing. I've pulled bumper pull trailers with her, carrying two horses and I don't even know the trailer and horses are there. Looking forward to getting the gooseneck trailer. Have been impressed with the MPG; combined highway and town getting 17.6 easily. Highway alone 20 mpg. without a trailer. Don't know how this compares to other diesels, Ford or otherwise but I'm happy. This truck is the right match for me. As you search for your match don't get in a hurry, swat the truck buying bug so you don't get bit. Make out your list as to what you need in a truck and don't accept anything less. Research, research, research. When all the pieces fit it's a beautiful thing and you'll feel it. Good luck.

Uses car for Towing

Great truck

by from Niskayuna, NY on April 17, 2011

Highly recommend this truck. Very heavy duty, lots of people have commented on it saying it's a nice looking truck. Great towing, great hauling, good ride. over all best Ford i've owned and I've had 5 others.

I Love My Truck

by from Dayton, OH on October 12, 2010

I recently purchased a 2008 Southern Comfort conversion F-250. It only had 8500 miles on it. I'm extremely happy with this truck. I only gave it 4 stars on comfort, because it has a 12" lift with 20" rims so it rides like a truck. My last truck was a 2006 H-D edition F-250, all stock, and it rode much better. I have added a Leer Topper, and the extra weight has helped alot with the ride. In every other aspect, I have zero complaints. The truck looks great. I get compliments everywhere I go. The performance is outstanding. And the other upgrades installed by Southern Comfort make this one sweet ride. The engine is the 6.4L turbo diesel. There's a small turbo lag. But once it spins up, it will sit you back in the seat. You'd think you're driving a gas engine. I have an enclosed 6x10 trailer. I routinely load my 800lb motorcycle in it, set the cruise control on 80, and drive 300 miles to see friends. You'd never know the trailer was back there. I routinely get 12 mpg on these trips. The interior is very well appointed, and HUGE. If you've never been inside a crew cab F-250, trust me it's like a limo. Southern Comfort added US Speedo gauges that are sharp. They also upgraded the stereo, and it rocks.

great truck

by from Kansas City, MO on December 12, 2010

I bought my 08 f250 EC 4x4 Powerstroke diesel used in Oct 2010. This has been a very good truck. I also have a 97 F250 powerstroke. and the 08 is so much better. Its much quieter, has twice the power, handles great, has a much tighter turning radius, decent ride. I don't like the turbo lag or the fuel mileage, but I will probably add a tuner to fix those issues.

Great people

by from lAWRENCEVILLE GEORGIA on April 11, 2011

Well, the first one I bought was about two months ago. These people met me in Rome Georgia, "I live in Atlanta" tHE TRUCK WAS EVERYTHING THEY SAID IT WAS AND IT WAS SUCH A GOOD EXPERIENCE THAT LAST WEEK i BOUGHT ANOTHER ONE!! GREAT JOB

Theynkeep getting better1

by from Minneapolis, MN on September 19, 2011

The interior is beautiful and the 6.4L powerstoke has good power and is so quiet. Fuel economy has been fair also. Tows well, but next time I will make sure to get a with the rear overload springs.

F-250 is the Best

by from Longview, TX on September 8, 2011

There is no other 3/4 Ton 4x4 truck that compares to the Ford F-250 in looks or performance. I wouldn't even consider any other brand.

Pulls like a freight train

by from Lewiston, Id on June 13, 2012

Bought this truck new for towing large trailers and boats. It handles everything I throw at it and more. I have tried the other brands and none of them come close in performance and features. With a few mods it will get 20 MPG as well. I just bought another 2012 and hope it works as well.

Uses car for Towing

Very pleased

by from Colorado on April 8, 2014

I purchased this 2008 F250 Lariat Super Duty March 2014, with 65000 on it. It is my first diesel. My reason for this type of pick up is towing a 5th wheel here in the mountains of Colorado. The fuel mileage is about what you might expect from a powerful engine and a truck that weighs about 8000 lbs., about 11 to 14 mpg in the city and 18 to 23 mpg on the road. However, I didn't buy this for good mileage. I needed a truck that would tow a 11000 lb. 5th wheel plus all my gear up the passes in Colorado, and this truck does it with ease, safety and comfort. If you are in the market for a truck like this, I say, take your time. List everything you can think of that you would want in a heavy duty hauler. Try a few brands out. I don't believe there is really a "perfect" truck, but this Ford F250 Super Duty comes very close. That being said, the only disappointment I have is that it doesn't fit in my garage.

coolest pu i have ever owned

by from san antonio,tx on July 8, 2011

head turner, sits nice and high stock, great brakes and handling, beautiful interior and dash layout.

Similar Models