2008 Ford F 250

great truck

by from Kansas City, MO on December 12, 2010

I bought my 08 f250 EC 4x4 Powerstroke diesel used in Oct 2010. This has been a very good truck. I also have a 97 F250 powerstroke. and the 08 is so much better. Its much quieter, has twice the power, handles great, has a much tighter turning radius, decent ride. I don't like the turbo lag or the fuel mileage, but I will probably add a tuner to fix those issues.

I Love My Truck

by from Dayton, OH on October 12, 2010

I recently purchased a 2008 Southern Comfort conversion F-250. It only had 8500 miles on it. I'm extremely happy with this truck. I only gave it 4 stars on comfort, because it has a 12" lift with 20" rims so it rides like a truck. My last truck was a 2006 H-D edition F-250, all stock, and it rode much better. I have added a Leer Topper, and the extra weight has helped alot with the ride. In every other aspect, I have zero complaints. The truck looks great. I get compliments everywhere I go. The performance is outstanding. And the other upgrades installed by Southern Comfort make this one sweet ride. The engine is the 6.4L turbo diesel. There's a small turbo lag. But once it spins up, it will sit you back in the seat. You'd think you're driving a gas engine. I have an enclosed 6x10 trailer. I routinely load my 800lb motorcycle in it, set the cruise control on 80, and drive 300 miles to see friends. You'd never know the trailer was back there. I routinely get 12 mpg on these trips. The interior is very well appointed, and HUGE. If you've never been inside a crew cab F-250, trust me it's like a limo. Southern Comfort added US Speedo gauges that are sharp. They also upgraded the stereo, and it rocks.

Very pleased

by from Colorado on April 8, 2014

I purchased this 2008 F250 Lariat Super Duty March 2014, with 65000 on it. It is my first diesel. My reason for this type of pick up is towing a 5th wheel here in the mountains of Colorado. The fuel mileage is about what you might expect from a powerful engine and a truck that weighs about 8000 lbs., about 11 to 14 mpg in the city and 18 to 23 mpg on the road. However, I didn't buy this for good mileage. I needed a truck that would tow a 11000 lb. 5th wheel plus all my gear up the passes in Colorado, and this truck does it with ease, safety and comfort. If you are in the market for a truck like this, I say, take your time. List everything you can think of that you would want in a heavy duty hauler. Try a few brands out. I don't believe there is really a "perfect" truck, but this Ford F250 Super Duty comes very close. That being said, the only disappointment I have is that it doesn't fit in my garage.

Great people

by from lAWRENCEVILLE GEORGIA on April 11, 2011

Well, the first one I bought was about two months ago. These people met me in Rome Georgia, "I live in Atlanta" tHE TRUCK WAS EVERYTHING THEY SAID IT WAS AND IT WAS SUCH A GOOD EXPERIENCE THAT LAST WEEK i BOUGHT ANOTHER ONE!! GREAT JOB

Theynkeep getting better1

by from Minneapolis, MN on September 19, 2011

The interior is beautiful and the 6.4L powerstoke has good power and is so quiet. Fuel economy has been fair also. Tows well, but next time I will make sure to get a with the rear overload springs.

F-250 is the Best

by from Longview, TX on September 8, 2011

There is no other 3/4 Ton 4x4 truck that compares to the Ford F-250 in looks or performance. I wouldn't even consider any other brand.

Gas saving Truck

by from Albuquerque, NM on January 26, 2013

Just bought a 2008 F250 V8 5.4L supercab. It runs great for city driving, its a big difference in gas vs my old 1997 F250 7.4L 460 engine..horrible gas mileage but would haul or tow anything. The new 5.4L does have less power and throttle response but when it comes to gas its a winner in my book.

coolest pu i have ever owned

by from san antonio,tx on July 8, 2011

head turner, sits nice and high stock, great brakes and handling, beautiful interior and dash layout.

Pulls like a freight train

by from Lewiston, Id on June 13, 2012

Bought this truck new for towing large trailers and boats. It handles everything I throw at it and more. I have tried the other brands and none of them come close in performance and features. With a few mods it will get 20 MPG as well. I just bought another 2012 and hope it works as well.

Uses car for Towing

AWESOME TRUCK

by from RED DEER CANADA on March 5, 2007

THIS TRUCK IS GREAT. THE NEW BOLD STYLING IS WHAT SETS IT APART FROM THE OTHER TRUCKS. ONLY DOWN FALL IS LIMITED PLACES TO FUEL AND THE MILAGE ISNT THERE. OTHER THAN THAT IT HANDLES GREAT AND LOOKS ME...
THIS TRUCK IS GREAT. THE NEW BOLD STYLING IS WHAT SETS IT APART FROM THE OTHER TRUCKS. ONLY DOWN FALL IS LIMITED PLACES TO FUEL AND THE MILAGE ISNT THERE. OTHER THAN THAT IT HANDLES GREAT AND LOOKS MEAN.

Our Expert Review: 2008 Ford F 250