2001 Ford F350 Consumer Reviews

2001 Ford F 350
Average based on 4 reviews

Powerstroke Legend

by from Beaufort, SC on February 27, 2008

I am the third owner of a 7.3L Powerstroke Diesel F350. I cannot say enough good things about this engine. It is easy to drive, easy to maintain, and will run forever. Smooth and powerful on the highway, this behemoth is a joy for long trips. With the long bed on a crew cab, the truck is very hard to maneuver in town and especially difficult to park (park backwards if you can). After speaking with several Ford and some other diesel mechanics, I have concluded that this is the best diesel engine ever made for light trucks. It is certainly the best engine Ford has ever put in a truck. The engine is very accessible and the average shade-tree mechanic can easily change belts, hoses, fuel filter etc... I had to have major transmission repairs at 100K miles. Ford apparently tried something new with the tranny this year and subsequently went back to the pre-'01 style. Third gear locks up and the repair was about $1200. The information center has also gone bad and it will cost about $350 to replace. I expect to put between 250K and 500K miles on this thing before she's put out to pasture so all things considered she's a gem and a keeper.

Best first truck ever

by from Weiser ID on April 28, 2014

This truck does every thing! I've pulled over 20 head of 1600 pound cows each load and hasn't missed a beat. I've taken it from the west coast to nebraska without any problems. The 7.3 is the way to go. only problem with it was a miss fire on the 6th piston. Also the power steering has had a couple of problems but have gotten used to it. Great in snow and other bad weather. Call it my big red. Very safe!!!

perfict truck

by from MARYLAND on January 7, 2008

I purchased this truck new on 5/31/01 . I HAVE 51000 MILES 0N IT NOW AND HAS HAD ONLY OIL & FILTER CHANGES POWERSTROKE BABY!

2001 F350 Crew

by from Tennessee on September 4, 2016

I bought my truck new 15 years ago...best Ford truck I have ever owned and I will continue driving it. I bought the V10 engine and it has been far less expensive to own that the 7.3..

Uses car for Towing