2004 Ford F 350

most powerful truck i have ever owned

by from lima OH on August 15, 2010

I purchased a 2004 f350 lariat crew cab long bed 1 year ago. It had 112,000 miles on it then and now has 135,000 miles on it.I do use it for daily driving and pulling my trailer weighing approximately 15,000 lbs. My fuel economy bounces from 15mpg empty to 10 pulling and as low as 7 when pulling hopper wagons. The power is very nice and instant, the interior is leather and comfortable(i bought used so i cannot pick the interior options or it would have been carpet delete). I have not had any trouble yet although some people tell me i was a fool for purchasing this truck. The biggest hold back on it is the turning radius. Thinging about putting a tuner in it for better fuel milage, although it best my last truck by 5mpg.

Overall Good Truck

by from Illinois on February 11, 2014

2004 F-350 XLT ext. cab, 2 WD purchased new in 2004. Overall, it has been a good truck AFTER we disconnected the EGR valve! Do that and your problems are solved. 6-Speed manual transmission puts mileage up around 20 mpg highway empty, and 12-14 pulling a 24-ft horse trailer with 2 horses. Plenty of power for pulling the trailer, hauling hay, and work around the farm. Had issues with the engine in its early life--some under warranty, some not. It would buck, miss, and lose power. No one could give a fix that lasted very long or really tell us what the problem was (although the Ford dealer probably knew). Then a friend told us he unhooked the EGR valve (Thank you EPA) and his truck ran better. It works---no more problems! Sans government interference, this a good truck. The biggest gripe for me were the seats. Ford changed seat covering material mid-year and we got some kind of cheap nylon fabric instead of velour. Velour is easy to clean and wears well. This stuff is hard, if not impossible to clean, leaves spots, and is not that durable. We'll spring for leather next time.

ITS A DIESEL

by from RIVERSIDE CALIFORNIA on November 2, 2010

GREAT FOR TOWING NOT AS TIGHT AS MY CHEVY 2500 BUT TOWS GREAT. IF THEY ONLY USED A DASH CLUSTER THAT DIDNT RESEMBLE AN EARLY 80'S ESCORT OR MUSTANG.

Tough truck

by from Central IL on February 24, 2013

Awesome truck with tons of power! Best truck I've ever owned. Had a coolant leak but was all the result from the overfill reservoir, $40 buck repair no big deal, everything else works great on this super duty ford truck.

Great Truck

by from Suffolk, NY on March 15, 2008

6.0l Turbo Diesel, Great All Around Truck. Equipment is all excellent condition, low miles truck was well maintained all recalls were done. All service points completed on time as well as oil changed every 3 to 4k mile.

One od the best pickups I've owned

by from Sonora, Ca on April 14, 2017

I have just over 100,000 mi on my F 350. It still packs a punch as far as horsepower, miles per gallon and comfort.

Love the truck pulls well.

by from Liberty Mo on June 1, 2017

This truck is great if you need to pull something big or small. Nothing like pulling with diesel power.

Uses car for Towing

Best truck I have ever owned

by from Tampa, FL on July 5, 2017

2004 F350, Crew Cab, Lariat, 4x2, single rear wheel. Bought it in '06 with 40k miles. Currently over 300k. Minimal repairs. Maintenance is KEY. 6.0L is strong & reliable. Still have the original EGR system. Added coolant filter in system. Change fluids & filters regularly! Pulls 5th wheel regularly & use as my daily driver. Turn radius is the worst thing I could say about it. This truck has been a great value.

love this truck

by from Missouri on March 29, 2017

Best truck I have ever owned. Drives smooth. Lots of leg room. 4 doors is a must for our active family. Pulls the car trailer and our horse trailer great.

Just bought another F350

by from Reno, NV on December 9, 2009

I just bought another F350, went from manual to automatic and love everything about them both. From comfort to turn radius to durability, I wouldn't own any other truck.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Similar Models