2004 Ford F 350

most powerful truck i have ever owned

by from lima OH on August 15, 2010

I purchased a 2004 f350 lariat crew cab long bed 1 year ago. It had 112,000 miles on it then and now has 135,000 miles on it.I do use it for daily driving and pulling my trailer weighing approximately 15,000 lbs. My fuel economy bounces from 15mpg empty to 10 pulling and as low as 7 when pulling hopper wagons. The power is very nice and instant, the interior is leather and comfortable(i bought used so i cannot pick the interior options or it would have been carpet delete). I have not had any trouble yet although some people tell me i was a fool for purchasing this truck. The biggest hold back on it is the turning radius. Thinging about putting a tuner in it for better fuel milage, although it best my last truck by 5mpg.

Overall Good Truck

by from Illinois on February 11, 2014

2004 F-350 XLT ext. cab, 2 WD purchased new in 2004. Overall, it has been a good truck AFTER we disconnected the EGR valve! Do that and your problems are solved. 6-Speed manual transmission puts mileage up around 20 mpg highway empty, and 12-14 pulling a 24-ft horse trailer with 2 horses. Plenty of power for pulling the trailer, hauling hay, and work around the farm. Had issues with the engine in its early life--some under warranty, some not. It would buck, miss, and lose power. No one could give a fix that lasted very long or really tell us what the problem was (although the Ford dealer probably knew). Then a friend told us he unhooked the EGR valve (Thank you EPA) and his truck ran better. It works---no more problems! Sans government interference, this a good truck. The biggest gripe for me were the seats. Ford changed seat covering material mid-year and we got some kind of cheap nylon fabric instead of velour. Velour is easy to clean and wears well. This stuff is hard, if not impossible to clean, leaves spots, and is not that durable. We'll spring for leather next time.

ITS A DIESEL

by from RIVERSIDE CALIFORNIA on November 2, 2010

GREAT FOR TOWING NOT AS TIGHT AS MY CHEVY 2500 BUT TOWS GREAT. IF THEY ONLY USED A DASH CLUSTER THAT DIDNT RESEMBLE AN EARLY 80'S ESCORT OR MUSTANG.

Uses car for Towing

Tough truck

by from Central IL on February 24, 2013

Awesome truck with tons of power! Best truck I've ever owned. Had a coolant leak but was all the result from the overfill reservoir, $40 buck repair no big deal, everything else works great on this super duty ford truck.

Great Truck

by from Suffolk, NY on March 15, 2008

6.0l Turbo Diesel, Great All Around Truck. Equipment is all excellent condition, low miles truck was well maintained all recalls were done. All service points completed on time as well as oil changed every 3 to 4k mile.

Love the truck pulls well.

by from Liberty Mo on June 1, 2017

This truck is great if you need to pull something big or small. Nothing like pulling with diesel power.

Uses car for Towing

Just bought another F350

by from Reno, NV on December 9, 2009

I just bought another F350, went from manual to automatic and love everything about them both. From comfort to turn radius to durability, I wouldn't own any other truck.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Pulled my 35' Fifth Wheel flawlessly.

by from Central Missouri on July 17, 2008

Rig was driven in the midwest and over the Rocky Mountains. RV was sold last year. Handled well in the rain and on loose gravel in some of the campgrounds. The transmission is terrific in downhill situations requiring little braking. Fuel consumption is fair (12-14) for non hauling and good (10-11) for hauling (12,000#).

Never buying another Ford

by from Washington on April 17, 2012

I will Never Ever buy another FORD after purchasing a 42,000 dollar f350 and getting scaruuuuuud everything from day one has been wrong with this truck. Now with 92,000 miles diesel is SHOT gone. Rocker arm frozen and who knows what else. 5,000 just to drop the motor. been regularly serviced at dealership and ford says oh well Sorry but there is no customer satisfaction program or recall on this vehicle but when you check out the 2004 (only yr this one was made) 6.0 all you see is how horrible they are! So my guess is FORD just doesnt care

F 350 Super Duty

by from Sonora, Ca. on February 10, 2013

2004 F 350 Ling Ranch is like the Rolls Royce of pickup trucks. All I can say is My newer pickup has ALL the bells and whistles. So much so that I've had it for 3 wks and I'm Still not used to driving it. There's nothing wrong with the truck its just that I've never owned a pickup with all this luxury. I'd recommend the pickup to anyone that has a taste for luxury.......Thank Cars.com for your listing of this pickup.

Similar Models