2006 Ford F350 Consumer Reviews

4.0
Average based on 20 reviews

Best diesel I've had out of 8 owned

by from IL on November 25, 2010

I was hesitant after reading the far overblown slamming of the 6.0 PSD on the internet. After 4 years of ownership, I'm convinced most of the bad reviews for this year truck must have been made by owners of competing trucks. This truck drives great, has plenty of power, and has hauled waaaaay over it's rated towing weight for almost 200,000 miles. Had one oil leak fixed under warranty at 23k, but that's it. I like it far better than any 7.3 PSD I ever owned. Besides, I don't think there is a single 7.3 PSD still in existence that doesn't pour oil out the bottom. Great truck with the best interior and ride as well.

Superduty!

by from Los Angeles on December 25, 2007

Despite the history if the unfamous 6.0. I have had 2 and have yet to have a real problem. Runs good gets 20mpg unloaded and is comfy for a truck.

I don't suggest this pickup

by from Minnesota on August 6, 2011

I bought this pickup used not knowing anything about the 6.0 engine. Def got taken by te dealer...Well... Now I know everything there is to know about the problems that could go wrong with the 6.0 because they went wrong with my truck. EGR... head gasket... you name it and it's went wrong with my truck. I get terrible fuel mileage... pullin I get about 9mpg and on the highway I get about 12mpg. Just terrible. This pickup will break the bank. Looks fantastic and is SO comfortable to ride in.. but so not worth the money.

Good Tuck for the Money

by from MA on April 16, 2007

Very good Truck for the Money. Rides nice for a large vehicle. Just wish came with better tires for winter driving. Would buy this Truck again. Like the Diesel due to the MPG.

Super, Super Duty

by from Colorado on September 6, 2011

I raise and train horses and bought this truck to haul my 4 horse gooseneck. I live in Colorado and travel lots of high altitude roads so the turbocharger was a must have in a replacement truck. This Ford produces plenty of power and the tow/haul feature works great on the long downgrades. The ride is very car-like and comfortable. If you're going to tow I'd recommend the dual rear wheels for added flotation and stability and the crew cab/short bed. I owned a long bed and parking it anywhere outside a pasture was a real pain. Gas mileage is not its strong point, but you don't own a truck like this for fuel economy.

Fantastic truck for towing + full size campers.

by from Southwest United States on March 12, 2013

Towed 17,000 lbs. in Nevada 130 degree desert no problem. AC still ice cold. Engine temp remained normal even during steep hills. All dealership maintenace so no problems. 10 year powertrain warranty transferable. Ford backs this truck if you do all scheduled maintenance. I've heard of the bad rapping of these trucks, but they always said they "did not have it serviced by the dealer or can not prove they maintained it". That voids the ten year warranty. Make sure you by from original owners with maintenace verified. You will be a happy camper!

Outstanding Camper Truck

by from Boise, ID on July 23, 2011

I purchased this truck from its original owner along with a Lance Camper. I have had no problems with it; it has plenty of power to carry one of the heaviest campers available. I have heard - and read about - the problems with the 6.0 engine but after four years of ownership have only needed to keep up with the scheduled maintenance. The local mechanic who takes care of this truck tells me he has seen some with problems at 85,000 miles and some with no problems at 150,000 miles so who knows if it's better or worse than other trucks.

BREAKDOWN LANE

by from NY on October 31, 2012

DO NOT BUY THE 6.0 TURBO ..Be warned. Broke down with Turbo problems 9 times in under 50k AND FORD CANT or WONT FIX IT! love the interior of the Ford... but this one did me in for good..after 30 years of Ford trucks for pulling i am DONE! and buying a Chevy.

Biult Ford tough

by from Miami Florida on April 2, 2012

Our new F-350 did not dissapoint, this is a beast of a truck with the 6.0 power stroke deisel there is noting it seems that this truck wont haul.

Good truck for the money

by from Hickory NC on December 20, 2011

So far, So good. Rather concerned about the 6.0 diesel engine, but, the power and a little more info from my dealer have eased my concerns.