1997 Ford F 250

1997 Clater Banger

by from Madison, SD on September 29, 2012

Bought a 97 F-250 diesel extended cab 4 x 4 pick-up with 210,000 miles. Took me 5 months to find one that wasn't a rust bucket. Use it mainly for my work with Habitat for Humanity, pulling trailers and picking up building materials. Wonderful truck getting almost 19 miles per gallon. Love the noise of the diesel and the Basset hounds here me coming 3 blocks away.

loved this truck!

by from eastern, CO on October 22, 2007

wish i had never let this truck go, it was great! my only complaint was the diesel engine was really loud, but other than that it was a dream!

Very Nice Truck

by from Wilsonville, Oregon on August 31, 2014

I just this truck a few years ago for fishing/camping, deer and elk hunting. It has performed beyond my expectations. Everything on it says high quality. Very strong, dependable and reliable. I'd definitely get another Ford F250 if something happened to this one. Heaven forbid!

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Thank You cars.com

by from Phoenix on November 20, 2013

could not of found it without you wanted a exact one, and got it it was a needle in the hay stack ooooya

All time favorite truck

by from Dallas, TX on June 19, 2009

I have driven 4X4 trucks and SUVs for close to 40 years and this has to be the best overall performer I have ever owned. Easy to handle with plenty of room and comfort on long drives far exceeds any truck ever driven. The 7.3L has all the power needed for pulling and the ride is excellent (especially for a 4X4). Fuel economy isn't the greatest, (around 15 to 16 mpg) but what do you expect from an 8,000 lb. gorilla?

Love this truck!

by from Sebastopol on December 16, 2008

The ride is the best I've had in a full size truck, it has comfortable seating on long trips. We pull our 27 ft. travel trailer with it and it has all the power you'd want from a truck.I love the body style of this truck, I can't say enough about it. Check it out, you won't be sorry!

Uses car for Towing

Ford

by from ohio on May 12, 2012

This Truck does come with the diesel or gas engine I prefer the 5.8 gas powered engine and with the dual tank Feature and non stop driving switch tanks with the flick of a switch its great ! And it looks great.

the best truck ever !!

by from anoka,mn on October 26, 2012

ford makes the best trucks... i am so happy with all the ford trucks that i bought over the years.. i had a 97 f150 ford ext cab xlt 4x4 flareside and 97 ford f250 xlt 4x4 and a 84 and 78 and i have had some very great trucks from ford....the best trucks out there hands down !!!

The best truck that i've owned

by from Dallas, GA on August 31, 2017

The best truck that i've owned The transmission shifts perfectly. Mechanically, the engine runs very strong.

Uses car for Towing

Super reliable, has character

by from Terre Haute, IN on May 20, 2017

I love it. It's been a super reliable vehicle for years. Besides grounding issues, nothing will take this thing down.