2006 Ford Five Hundred

Great Car!

by from Hendersonville, NC on September 12, 2017

It has been a very dependable, economical and comfortable car to drive. We like it very much and would buy a Ford Taurus again.

Uses car for Havingfun

excellent car

by from Cleveland, oh on June 27, 2017

i owned a SEL with AWD for 9 years and loved almost everything about it. Except ford decision to change the brake proportioning valve and the brake linings. it used to stop beautifully giving you that feeling of being pulled into your seat. Now, just like every other American made car, lunging forward to a stop.

First car I ever owned, loved it!

by from Binghamton, NY on June 23, 2017

Such a timeless car, it was the first car I owned and I loved it so much! Great for someone just starting out driving!

Very solid car, a good bet to make

by from Henderson, NV on June 2, 2017

Mine is very comfortable, it rides smoothly and the seats are not cheaply made. The only problems I've had maintenance wise are the air conditioning and brakes (and rarely at that). The brakes tend to squeak sooner after you get them replaced, which is possibly due to how I drive the car, and the a/c kicks out sometimes, but that's probably because I live in Las Vegas and use it so much. No engine, transmission or body problems. The engine is strong enough to keep up in traffic, acceleration leaves a little to be desired compared to newer cars. I'd say this is a great car to get someone started driving in, or if you're on a tight budget, this thing won't let you down very much. Hope this helped!

This car is reliable

by from Chicago, IL on May 25, 2017

This car is roomy interior and a huge trunk, however easy to parallel park in the inner city. Easy to handle with great cruise control. Good brakes for the heavy foot. Smooth luxury ride.

Reliable and comfortable.

by from Los Angeles on May 3, 2017

If you are after a comfortable vehicle with great value, this is it. Maybe it look big and bland, but if you want a 4k car that has great interior space, a reliable V6 duratec engine, there is nothing better.

Mark A Stevenson

by from Columbus,OH on March 21, 2017

I purchased my 2006 Ford Five Hundred used in 2008, it had 54,000 miles on it, I drove it to work and Baltimore Md several times as well as Sharon, Pa and Warren,Oh recently, the ford five hundred gets great gas mileage and performs well. I have had no major problems with the vehicle, I just decided to sell it after i purchased a new Ford Taurus in December of 2016.

Great first car

by from Indiana on March 16, 2017

I am very pleased with this car. My daughter is as well. It will be her first car. I would definitely recommend this car to a friend and family.

GOOD CAR

by from CHICAGO, IL on March 9, 2017

I PURCHASED THIS CAR WITH 108,000 MILES, IT NOW HAS 136,200 MILES. THIS CAR HANDLES WELL. IT HAS QUICK PICK UP. GOOD BRAKES. I LOVRE USING THE CRUISE CONTROL. HAS A LOT OF CABIN SPACE AND A HUGE TRUNK, YOU CAN EASILY PUT THE KITCHEN SINK IN IT.

Good family car..

by from San Jose, California on June 11, 2015

I bought the car when it had 15,000 miles. Now it has 160,000. Runs like a swiss watch. Very easily maintained. Oh...most amazing thing I found out about this car..it is intelligent!! Twice the engine went slow while I was driving. I took it to the mechanic..and he said the air in one tire is very low, and the main computer in the car is extremely sensitive. The car is so smart, that it slows down if there is any imbalance. I inflated tires, car went back working great!

Our Expert Review: 2006 Ford Five Hundred