Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2000 Focus

2000 Ford Focus

$1 - $5,561  MSRP Range
2000 Ford Focus

4.0

4 out of 5 stars Comfort
4 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have You Driven the 2000 Ford Focus?

Good car for college students

by Brandi from Chillicothe, OH on Fri Jul 11 2008

I bought my 2000 Focus Used in 2007. I've not had one major problem with it--all I've had to do so far is replace the brakes, but the car was at 100,000 miles by then. My little car has been extremely reliable and I am grateful for the good gas mileage. The hatchback makes traveling with art supplies, a bike, and/or recycleables much easier! I'll be keeping my car clear through graduate school and beyond.

Love our 2000 Focus

by Comet from Cheyenne, WY on Sat Dec 20 2008

Bought the car a year and a half ago with 59000 miles as an in town car for wife and have put 15000 trouble free miles on it. For the 2 of us it has become our traveling car. Very economical, handles excellent and feels comfortable. On the road usually spend 10 to 12 hours behind the wheel without fatigue. Many nice features for an economy car.

Just keeps on going...

by Treva from San Francisco, CA on Thu Aug 02 2012

I've had my 2000 Focus zx3 since new, and now have 145000 miles on it. I really have to think long and hard about what's not to like about the car. I have the automatic, which was fine but with my spirited driving I've had 25-30mpg, other folks say with the stick shift they get 30+. On the road, the car remains quiet, corners very well. I've carted furniture, fridges, futons, all sorts of stuff in the hatchback with the back seats down. So what have I had problems with: Yes, it had the recalls around 2000-2002 but they were completed without a problem. I had to replace the front rotors due to warping after the first 9 months. Not sure what happened there but no problems since then. The engine crankcase breather needed replacing after about 55k, and the air-flow transmitter needed cleaning after about 80k. I've not yet changed the timing belt - probably overdue now. The shocks are still original and feel fine. I get it regularly serviced and that's that. Am I going to trade it in. Yes, but reluctantly, and only because with a 2 year old, it's just becoming too much to lug him into the back seat of this 3-door. I guess I got a reliable version of this car. For those of you wanting an economical, reliable car, this one should be on your shortlist.

Reliable and affordable

by Young professional from Auburn, WA on Sat May 31 2008

I bought my car used and while I had to replace a cover for the windshield wiper motor that was recalled (but warranty covered it) and one motor in the window, otherwise it has run faithfully for 109,000 miles. While the noise level inside is rather loud, for it's price it's roomy, easy to handle, good gas mileage and fewer problems than other cars i've owned.

Very reliable car. I have 5 Fords in my driveway!

by Soup from Columbus, Ohio on Tue Jun 28 2011

Bought the car used with around 45,000 miles on it. Now at 134,000 miles and still going strong. Had to repair a few things but nothing extremely major. Drives good, good gas mileage, comfortable to drive even for my husband that is 6'3" tall. The only thing negative I can say is I don't like the cup holders!! Very reliable transporation.

Godd reliable car

by Mel from Appleton, WI on Fri Oct 21 2011

other than a smaller trunk and interior this car is a great buy for the money. The gas milage is good too.

Super car from the beginning

by Redrovr10 from Chicago, IL on Sun Mar 30 2008

I bought mine new in 2000, semi-retired now with 180k mileage, mostly on highway from far west suburbs of Chicago to O'Hare 5 to six times a week. Super reliable, tons of legroom in the front (I'm 6'4"), just a wonderful car!!

Best Car for the Money

by 2bud from Colorado on Wed Jun 01 2011

Drives great, carrys my family of four. The trunk is huge. With Studded snow tires it is awesome in the winter. Great gas mileage. Everything still works after 135,000 miles.

I love my Focus, even after all these years

by Lucky Larry from Buffalo, Minnesota on Thu Jan 22 2015

Fifteen years ago, after my Ford Bronco broke down yet again, leaving me stranded on the interstate, I went into a local dealership and basically bought the first car I saw. It was the first and only time I've purchased a brand new vehicle. She had nearly no "bells and whistles" .. not even air conditioning ... but she was kind of cute. Thus started my love affair with my little red Focus ZX3 hatchback. My love has matured with time. Yes, she's still kind of cute, perhaps a little dated in appearance, but not bad considering she's survived 2 minor accidents (not her fault) and a hailstorm which pocked her body a bit. Yes, her engine, tranny and most everything else is original, and her body is nearly rust-free. But I love her because she has been incredibly dependable and faithful and I am certain we'll be together 'til death do us part. How confident am I? Well, I've leaving now to pick her up at the repair shop where she was just fitted for a new timing belt. After all, these belts should be replaced every 100,000 miles or so ... and she only has 396,000 miles on her!

Very Reliable and Great First Car

by chasistthebassist from Minneapolis, MN on Sun May 13 2018

I love this car so much. It works great and puts a smile on my face every time. It runs absolutely great for it's age, and it will easily last another 5 years.

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2000 Ford Focus

The Ford Focus ZX3 is a three-door hatchback dedicated to becoming the young grad's first new car. And it certainly has everything it needs to accomplish that.

It's cute, a whole lot of fun to drive, extremely roomy for a small car, and priced right. Given the fact that its modest starting sticker of $11,865 includes alloy wheels, a CD player, and the more powerful Focus engine, the ZX3 says high value as well as low price.

The idea, of course, is to bend the twig in the direction you want the tree to grow. Get those kids in the habit of buying Fords at an early age.

But that, I'm happy to report, doesn't mean that older penniless people like me can't have fun in a ZX3, too. This is really a... Read More