Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2000 Focus

2000 Ford Focus

$1 - $5,561  MSRP Range
2000 Ford Focus

4.0

4 out of 5 stars Comfort
4 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have You Driven the 2000 Ford Focus?

First car I've ever owned.

by SwellAria from New Jersey on Fri Aug 04 2017

After driving the Ford Focus, I learned a lot about what to look for and what not to look for in a car. I think the idea of the car is wonderful, I've just personally had way too many problems with it. Spent almost more money on repairing it than I actually did on purchasing it. Great point a to point b car when it's actually running and driving.

Does not recommend this car!!

Focus 2000 wagon

by Texas Al from FWorth on Wed Apr 19 2017

Got it when it was 14 years old, so normal wearing was there. Good mileage, and only usual problems.

Most unreliable vehicle I have ever owned

by JulieB1023 from New Jersey on Fri Oct 19 2018

I bought this vehicle brand new off the showroom floor in 2000. I owned an Escort prior to this and had no problems with it. I had to drive the California freeways so I decided to trade up (or so I thought) to a Focus ZX3. At 13k miles, I hear a grinding noise when applying the brakes. Took it into dealer and told the brake pads were shot. From there, it was one recall or repair after another. I could count on having to fix my brakes annually. The motor mounts went at 45k miles. Mechanics told me at the time they were seeing a slew of Focus models coming in with brake problems. There was a design flaw in the car which caused the pads to wear quickly so before you knew it, you were metal on metal. I called Ford corporate in Dearborn. They firmly denied a brake problem. They couldn’t deny it for too long as a class action lawsuit was launched against Ford for the brake design flaw in 2000 & 2001 models. Accidents and costly repairs were the result of this design flaw. The lawsuit was settled a few years later. Since I had sunk so much $ into this piece of crap car, I drove it into the ground - kept it 8.5 years. Let me tell you though...the experience soured me so much on Ford and its cars...I will never own a Ford again. I doubt this car has improved in the years since. Stay away from Focus - highly unreliable car.

Does not recommend this car!!

It was very comfortable and nice

by GoodGirl from Effingham, IL on Wed Aug 09 2017

This car was my first car and it was a very good car to start out driving. I loved how comfortable it was and how it was big enough to fit all of my cheer and track stuff.

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2000 Ford Focus

The Ford Focus ZX3 is a three-door hatchback dedicated to becoming the young grad's first new car. And it certainly has everything it needs to accomplish that.

It's cute, a whole lot of fun to drive, extremely roomy for a small car, and priced right. Given the fact that its modest starting sticker of $11,865 includes alloy wheels, a CD player, and the more powerful Focus engine, the ZX3 says high value as well as low price.

The idea, of course, is to bend the twig in the direction you want the tree to grow. Get those kids in the habit of buying Fords at an early age.

But that, I'm happy to report, doesn't mean that older penniless people like me can't have fun in a ZX3, too. This is really a... Read More