2007 Focus

2007 Ford Focus

2007 Ford Focus

4.0

4 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2007 Ford Focus?

Wear a kidney belt

by Wear a crash helemt from Leander, TX on Sat Aug 27 2011

I have had 2 previous model Ford Focus cars, and they performed very well. These were SE versions. I made the mistake of unwittenly buying a used 2007 SES version and regret it. I should preface my review that if you are a teenager this might not be a problem to you. I am retired and like a 'little' comfort. My complaint, and my wifes's complaint is that the suspension on the SES version, is almost non-exstant. The smallest indendation in the road is converted to a major bump inside the cabin and is intolerable. I do mean intolerable. DONT BUY THE SES version!!!!!!

Good basic transportation

by Focused from Annapolis, MD on Mon Jan 17 2011

I purchased a 2007 Focus with 25 K miles. I've been driving it for about 3 months and am generally satisfied considering the cost of the vehicle. It seems to get around 32 mpg (a little less than I hoped) but so far I've had no problems. I have a stripped down vehicle, 5 speed, air, and mp3 disc player, but not much else. The handling is excellent and the 2 L engine is spirited, in part because the car seems very light. My main complaint, I suppose, is excessive road noise. My last compact car benefited from a set of quality touring tires that reduced road noise considerably, so I'll hope for the same when I replace these originals. As long as it is reliable, it seems to be, I'm happy with it.

great buy

by nelson from vermont on Thu Jul 05 2012

I got this car back in oct 2011 and still driving it today! ive had it for 8 months now and i feel i should write a review. first things first it runs great and even better gas mileage! i average 34.5mpg where i am(lot of country driving) and thats fantastic. the power is very good for a four cylinder and it has no problems accelerating but i love the handling! The interior is simple but it looks great. I have no problems with the seats however (that seams to be an issue here) I have the 5 speed manual and the shifts are smooth but during the winter it can be a pain partially because the cars so light but when ever i shift my wheels spin and its hard to maintain control lol. the only real problem with this car is there is the cupholders it comes with are not very good sizes, the ones below the center console are to big for anything really.

I don't own one but had as a "loaner-vehicle"

by sfdukeaj from Green Bay, WI on Wed Oct 03 2007

This car is ok. I received this as a loaner while my Ford 500 was being fixed from deer damage. Great gas mileage and easy to drive. Couple of things that would drive me nuts: turn signal sounds like a cricket, cup holder location is useless, wiper relay clicks everytime wiper activates, back seats don't give enough room even for my kids who are 3 and 5. Overall this car is nice for being a budget friendly gas sipper. It is a cheaper car so that needs to be kept in mind. I prefer my 500 by far, but if I were still in college or was just flipping burgers for a career this would do the trick.

Bittersweet Focus

by Focus Girl07 from Idaho on Sat Mar 13 2010

Bought my 2007 Focus SES with the street appearence package brand new from the dealer in 2007. It was great the first year then it started failing to start the first time randomly, the water pump went out, the battery died, the rear power window regulator went bad and the rear shocks make loud noises. Everything was fixed except the refusing to start and the shocks but now along with refusing to start it also randomly dies in traffic, it has been back to the Ford dealer numerous times and they tell me nothing is wrong...it must be me. Definately bittersweet feelings about the Focus....

Most Reliable Car

by Sports Car from on Mon Dec 13 2010

great car, I would recomended to my friends, my wife hs civic and almost the same mile gas, but focus much confreteble on the route then civic.

Has gotten me around

by Average driver from Minneapolis, MN on Thu Apr 12 2012

I purchased the 07 focus se in January 08 and have had it 4 years. Put on 70,000 miles. It got me around but once I got the 60,000 mile tune everything started to go. Brakes have been squeaky all 4 years even though the pads aren't worn down. Whether it Was raining or not. You can very easily hear the road noise in town and hwy.. I drove my boyfriends Nissan and what a world of difference in noise control!. Had to replace the bearings, tires because they separated. Bumpy ride as if no shocks. Electric window stopped working. Cd player stopped working while under warranty. Overall gas milage was good low 30. And it got me around. I feel at 79,000 miles I need to get rid of it before it really falls apart. I am 5'7" 115 lbs. and it is not that comfortable. Use to drive 3hrs one way for work and I would have to put a pillow behind me. My boyfriend had two herniated discs and we could never use this car because it hurt his back. Dependable but be prepared to put in a little money to keep it going. And it doesn't have a lot of get up and go. Doors feel kind of light and dingy as if it will crumple in accident. Door handles are hard to open. Hope this helps.

It's what I needed

by TeeGee from Bradenton, Florida on Thu Feb 18 2016

I got this car after totaling my 2002 Focus in an accident. I got it cheap because it had 260,000 miles on it, but the high mileage doesn't scare me. The alternator went out and it was expensive to replace ($500) but it runs great and doesn't use oil or leak on the garage floor. It is comfortable and the engine has a smooth torque curve so I don't have to adjust the acceleration as it goes through the gears. I't also a lot more solid that the previous car. No rattles. I love the performance and handling.

Terrific little car

by Jake from Newcastle, WA on Thu Jul 08 2010

Bought new, very good value for the price. Quick, agile, fun to drive. Fuel economy is ok, somewhat less than advertized. Acceptable comfort as we did not pay for all the little do-dads and gimcracks that can be had. Major drawback is roadnoise. Car is not well insulated from road noise, and the fairly wide tires do pick up the sound of the road. Probably about the same, or a bit quieter, than the Civic.

so far-so good

by focus luvr from Lakeland, FL on Sat Dec 22 2012

I have only had my 2007 Focus about a month now. I purchased it from a VW dealer and got a very good price. It had 52,000 miles on it and still looks and runs like new! Only things I do not like are the drink holders being so low and next to your legs. I have to use the passengers drink holder because I have to move my leg to get to mine. There is only one power outlet. I have to keep my GPS plugged in and also my cell phone! Also, I am concerned about my gas milage. Only 20-21 mpg around town! I do not drive crazy, so I should be getting about 24-27mpg like the ads say and from what everyone else is saying in other reveiws. Maybe have it checked out this week.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Our Take on the 2007 Ford Focus

For those of us with a car-as-appliance mind-set -- cars are bought for utility, price and expected service, like a toaster or refrigerator -- the Ford Focus, since its introduction as a 2000 model, has been one of America's most popular choices. Ford sold more than 177,000 of them in 2006, not bad for a vehicle that has had only minor updates since it was introduced.

The Focus is due for its most extensive freshening yet for the 2008 model year, but because the basic platform will remain, the changes will be more cosmetic than mechanical. Even so, Ford is offering attractive incentives to keep the '07 Focus moving, so for the car-as-appliance folks, less concerned than most with having the latest and... Read More