2007 Focus

2007 Ford Focus

2007 Ford Focus

4.0

4 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2007 Ford Focus?

You don't get what you pay for it; you get less!!!

by jnemgo from Leesburg on Thu Aug 20 2009

I bought this car brand new in December 2006. I had all oil changes and multi point inspections done at the Ford Dealership where I live and I am very disappointed in the quality of this car and the quality of the service that Ford provides. I have a squeaking sound that comes from the interior backseats. I had the dealership look at it 3 times and they could not fix it. The squeak started shortly after I purchased the vehicle. Brakes started to give me problems after 15 month and 12,000 miles. I made 3-4 trips to the dealership and was always told that they brushed the brake pads and the brake disc. This would help for about 1 day and the problem would squeaking would start again. Of course after the warranty was up, Ford told me that the squeak came from a defective part and because the car was no longer under the break warranty after 18,000 miles, they could not replace it and asked me to pay for the brake job. I talked to Ford customer service and they said that they could not help me even though I had a history of brake problems. What I really don't understand is that I paid about $50 for every oil change + multi point inspection and the inspection covers brakes. Any defect of the brakes should have been caught the 4 or 5 times I have paid for the inspection. I have less than 25K miles on it and the car is not even 3 years old. I don't expect to buy another Ford or American product anytime soon. I will buy Japanese or German cars going forward. The interior panel on the passenger side started to fall apart and doors make a rattling sound sometimes. Almost feels like something is loose. There are just too many issues to list. While most of these problems seem to be minor, it is very annoying to hear the squeaking and rattling sounds every day. I forgot to mention that the steering wheel also makes a sound but Ford said that I may have to pay for the mechanic to look at it if they cannot find anything wrong with it. I decided not to pay the estimated $200 as I figured that they would not cover it or tell me even if they did find something minimal. I am not going to tell you to avoid this car but I certainly will not buy another Ford for a long time.

Extremely unreliable

by Lobster from Houston on Tue Jan 19 2016

The car itself looks great and feels great. I had the manual version so I'm speaking from that standpoint. The automatic may be better just saying, but my car broke down at 58,000 miles on it for the clutch which is extremely low miles compared to other cars. I took it in into the shop and they repaired it. the next week more clutch repairs. the next week after that more repairs. When one part broke the whole thing did. The manual mirror adjusters are cheap and did not hold. Many of the interior leather began to peel. finally the seat i sat in turns out is notorious on the padding ripping on the inside. This was the worst car i have ever gotten.

Piece of junk

by Llfowler42 from Chandler on Tue Jan 02 2018

Piece of junk. The motor mounts and transmission mount went out the alternator has had to be changed 3 times. You have to drop the motor to change it. The actuator for the air flow is plastic and breaks on them have to take out the dash to fix that to!!!!DON'T BUY ONE!!!!!

Worst Car I've Ever Owned

by machanictim from Twin Falls, ID on Mon May 04 2009

I bought the car one year ago and ever since I have had it in the shop 8 times to be fixed. The seal on the door would just stop well...sealing. Seat belts will stop working and yesterday the cd player just stopped taking cds. Ya it comes with a warranty but in three years when the warranty is up and the car keeps falling to pieces what do I do?

Does not recommend this car!!

Good car, awful cheap paint

by Informer from Chicago, IL on Mon Jan 26 2009

I have owned this car for about two years now and I have to say that the paint Ford uses on these cars is sooo cheap. I take excellent care of my car and drive it sparingly. After about six months, I had tiny rust spots all over! DO NOT buy this car if you are looking for a quality paint job that will last.

Bulletproof

by Diesel Mechanic from Houston, Texas on Thu May 03 2012

This car was a gift from a relative. I have ragged on this car as hard as I can, gone way too far between oil changes, and even had the car on a racetrack, and the CAR WON'T DIE! It does a very good job of hauling my 3 piece toolbox around, and it still got good gas mileage.

Great First Car

by Becca from Montgomery, alabama on Sun Apr 14 2013

I love this Car I'm a Teen an I'm looking for my first car. I think this is a good first car ::) a very good car.

Gas Hog

by Leza2010 from Oakland, CA on Tue Nov 02 2010

Love the car, 4 door, automatic, small, everything i wanted, however but a gas hog!! fills up on $35+.. yikes... wanted something like $25... next time.... Ford is fine if you just need to get around, just like I wanted. Needed reliability.. ahuh... up....give me a few months and I'll write again (smile)

It was a reliable machine

by Dale from Milton, WA on Tue Jun 19 2018

It's a basic car. It does what it's supposed to do reliably. It is not for long trips or big people. I drove it for 10 years without any major issues other than normal maintenance.

Does not recommend this car!!

Great on gas and reliable

by royalty 78 from Dayton Ohio on Mon Sep 11 2017

Great on gas plenty reliable a great started car a smooth ride an would definitely recommend to friends and family

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Our Take on the 2007 Ford Focus

For those of us with a car-as-appliance mind-set -- cars are bought for utility, price and expected service, like a toaster or refrigerator -- the Ford Focus, since its introduction as a 2000 model, has been one of America's most popular choices. Ford sold more than 177,000 of them in 2006, not bad for a vehicle that has had only minor updates since it was introduced.

The Focus is due for its most extensive freshening yet for the 2008 model year, but because the basic platform will remain, the changes will be more cosmetic than mechanical. Even so, Ford is offering attractive incentives to keep the '07 Focus moving, so for the car-as-appliance folks, less concerned than most with having the latest and... Read More