2007 Focus

4.3 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.3 out of 5 starsReliability

Terrific little car

by Jake from Newcastle, WA on July 8, 2010

Bought new, very good value for the price. Quick, agile, fun to drive. Fuel economy is ok, somewhat less than advertized. Acceptable comfort as we did not pay for all the little do-dads and gimcracks that can be had. Major drawback is roadnoise. Car is not well insulated from road noise, and the fairly wide tires do pick up the sound of the road. Probably about the same, or a bit quieter, than the Civic.

You don't get what you pay for it; you get less!!!

by jnemgo from Leesburg on August 20, 2009

I bought this car brand new in December 2006. I had all oil changes and multi point inspections done at the Ford Dealership where I live and I am very disappointed in the quality of this car and the quality of the service that Ford provides. I have a squeaking sound that comes from the interior backseats. I had the dealership look at it 3 times and they could not fix it. The squeak started shortly after I purchased the vehicle. Brakes started to give me problems after 15 month and 12,000 miles. I made 3-4 trips to the dealership and was always told that they brushed the brake pads and the brake disc. This would help for about 1 day and the problem would squeaking would start again. Of course after the warranty was up, Ford told me that the squeak came from a defective part and because the car was no longer under the break warranty after 18,000 miles, they could not replace it and asked me to pay for the brake job. I talked to Ford customer service and they said that they could not help me even though I had a history of brake problems. What I really don't understand is that I paid about $50 for every oil change + multi point inspection and the inspection covers brakes. Any defect of the brakes should have been caught the 4 or 5 times I have paid for the inspection. I have less than 25K miles on it and the car is not even 3 years old. I don't expect to buy another Ford or American product anytime soon. I will buy Japanese or German cars going forward. The interior panel on the passenger side started to fall apart and doors make a rattling sound sometimes. Almost feels like something is loose. There are just too many issues to list. While most of these problems seem to be minor, it is very annoying to hear the squeaking and rattling sounds every day. I forgot to mention that the steering wheel also makes a sound but Ford said that I may have to pay for the mechanic to look at it if they cannot find anything wrong with it. I decided not to pay the estimated $200 as I figured that they would not cover it or tell me even if they did find something minimal. I am not going to tell you to avoid this car but I certainly will not buy another Ford for a long time.

Piece of junk

by Llfowler42 from Chandler on January 2, 2018

Piece of junk. The motor mounts and transmission mount went out the alternator has had to be changed 3 times. You have to drop the motor to change it. The actuator for the air flow is plastic and breaks on them have to take out the dash to fix that to!!!!DON'T BUY ONE!!!!!

Worst Car I've Ever Owned

by machanictim from Twin Falls, ID on May 4, 2009

I bought the car one year ago and ever since I have had it in the shop 8 times to be fixed. The seal on the door would just stop well...sealing. Seat belts will stop working and yesterday the cd player just stopped taking cds. Ya it comes with a warranty but in three years when the warranty is up and the car keeps falling to pieces what do I do?

Does not recommend this car!!

Good car, awful cheap paint

by Informer from Chicago, IL on January 26, 2009

I have owned this car for about two years now and I have to say that the paint Ford uses on these cars is sooo cheap. I take excellent care of my car and drive it sparingly. After about six months, I had tiny rust spots all over! DO NOT buy this car if you are looking for a quality paint job that will last.

Bulletproof

by Diesel Mechanic from Houston, Texas on May 3, 2012

This car was a gift from a relative. I have ragged on this car as hard as I can, gone way too far between oil changes, and even had the car on a racetrack, and the CAR WON'T DIE! It does a very good job of hauling my 3 piece toolbox around, and it still got good gas mileage.

Great First Car

by Becca from Montgomery, alabama on April 14, 2013

I love this Car I'm a Teen an I'm looking for my first car. I think this is a good first car ::) a very good car.

Gas Hog

by Leza2010 from Oakland, CA on November 2, 2010

Love the car, 4 door, automatic, small, everything i wanted, however but a gas hog!! fills up on $35+.. yikes... wanted something like $25... next time.... Ford is fine if you just need to get around, just like I wanted. Needed reliability.. ahuh... up....give me a few months and I'll write again (smile)

She?s my baby!

by gnasellixo from Philadelphia, PA on January 4, 2018

Me and my mom share her Focus whenever I need to go somewhere and she isnt. I love driving her ?Blueberry? or ?Mickey Mobile? we call her and everyone knows when I?m at work or school when they see our car. I?m in the market for my own car and would definitely twin with my mom and get a blue Focus!

Great on gas and reliable

by royalty 78 from Dayton Ohio on September 11, 2017

Great on gas plenty reliable a great started car a smooth ride an would definitely recommend to friends and family

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8