2009 Focus

2009 Ford Focus

2009 Ford Focus

4.3

Have You Driven the 2009 Ford Focus?

Best Gas Mileage

by noelft from North Tonawanda,NY on Mon Jan 25 2010

Can't complain about this car, my wife needed a car with good gas mileage for work and this car delivers.Drives very good in the snow,we get a lot here,handling is excellent and has everything she needs. The SYNC system keeps her hands on the wheel while driving so she's not distracted while driving and gives you information on all the systems functions in the car

Great little car.

by Commuter wanting to save on gas. from Overland Park, KS on Mon Mar 29 2010

I have had an SUV for along time and was driving over 100 miles a day from home to work. I looked into the Ford Focus and love it. Very good on gas and a stylish looking car. I would definitely recommend.

Cool car!

by DewBug from Ohio on Thu Aug 06 2009

I love the ford focus! It is fun to drive very comfortable seats! Love the sync system it is very neat because I have my Ipod hooked up to it and you hit the voice command on your steering wheel and say like" song footloose" and it goes to footloose! I really recommend this car because it safe and fun for a little money! Also I get 34 mpg in city!

Best car for the money

by wes from Quartzsite, Az on Sat Aug 27 2016

I bought this 2009 Focus with 115K on it and it now has 156K four years later. Only thing I would suggest is that you go to the expense of putting Michilin tires on it. Really improves the ride and the handling. Also road noise is greatly reduced. Does not use any oil and I keep it changed according to the Ford advice. Regular maintaince and a KD filter will let me see 200K plus..Milage is 32-40 depending on who is driving, my wife or me. Many long trips 2600-3800 miles long. Very comfortable for two.

Awesome Focus

by Spark from Modesto on Sat Sep 18 2010

For a long time I owned a 200 corolla, but I own a 09 Focus and this thing is outstanding on gas, cost less than the Japanese cars and is a better bang for the buck. Quality of this car inside and out is just as good if not better than the others in this segment. Strongly recommend this to everyone.

great car!

by ukfan10 from Ohio on Sun Dec 12 2010

This is the best car I have ever had! Although, it is only the second car iv had. It is the best overall car that I have driven. I love that this car has Microsoft Syn. I didn't think I would care to much for it, but it beats using a Bluetooth headset. I also love that I can click one button and tell it to play a song from my USB drive. I also love the poswer button for the AC and heat. It allows you to turn off the AC or heat right off without changing your contols. Its great! Another great feature is for me is that the buttons is so easy to figure out. Such as changing the time. That was real simple. Some of the things such as adding a new phone or device to the cars memory may be tricky for some, but its understandable. This car overall is great. It tells you how many miles untill your empty. Also you can change the lighting of the floor and cup holders. Its really neat. Most of these features are not in the striped down models, so make sure if these are what you want that it has it. One big thing I was wanting in a car is cruse control. A striped down model didn't have it so watch out. The 2009 Ford Focus is great and depenable. I would tell anyone that should buy one!

"Nice daily driver..." says this Lotus enthusiast

by WV-bound from Clarksburg, WV on Tue Feb 10 2009

The Ford Focus I'm driving is a long-term rental car that I rented with 5000 miles on it. I've driven it 6000 more in two months, mostly on the Interstate at 80 mph. As a sportscar enthusiast and owner, I judge most daily driver cars fairly harshly, but this time I'm pleasantly impressed. The 2-liter, normally-aspirated engine is smooth and revs willingly, and the standard suspension gives me confidence to fly down the curvy, mountain interstate highway more briskly than I expected, and with automatic transmission I'm averaging 30 miles a gallon. Driven more gently, it would deliver 32+, I'm sure. A pity it has the automatic tranny. Climbing long, steep hills, it insists on downshifting to 3rd gear with just the slightest tip of the throttle. A manual transmission would be a huge plus here, where I could leave it in top gear and floor it, giving this nice engine a chance to pull up the mountain without downshifting. A pity it never gets the chance. Seats are comfortable and headroom (without a sunroof) is fine for my 6'2" height. Tachometer is provided at my trim level, probably one step up from base. Hello, Ford! I can't believe you produce a car in 2009 without anti-lock brakes. Are you kidding me? I'm worried about a ticking sound that comes from the engine when it is cold. Sounds like a valve lifter, but it goes away when the engine warms up. The trunk only opens with my remote, and it doesn't have a proper handle. Squeeze your fingers between the lid and the bumper to lift it, but there's no keyhole or thumb button. Not possible with the ice that accumulates here in WV in the winter. I wish the rental company had left the owner's manual in the car. Give this trunk lid a handle and a release button, please! So, bottom line, a very satisfying car for everyday driving, good ride, quiet, nimble around town, competent on the road, frugel on gas. Order it with a manual transmission for more fun and even better fuel economy. Order whatever trim level you must to get the antilock brakes. Order the sporty package if you want even better handling, but the standard suspension is fine for most people. Each month I renew my rental and have the option to take a different car. I'm on my third month so far and still have the Focus. That says something, I think, coming from a guy who owns two Lotuses!

Big Mirrors Comfortable Seats

by First Ford from Mannheim, Germany on Sun Sep 13 2009

I like the big mirrors and comfortable seats. IPOD connection is great feature. Good mileage. Economical but still good on the Autobahn.

Best Car I have EVER had!!!!!

by lilwildcat from Portsmouth, OH on Fri Dec 31 2010

Great car for anyone. Great on gas. It also is very high-tech. Easy to understand and great performance.

Focus keeps getting better

by FocusGirl from Small town, Pennsylvania on Tue Jul 14 2009

5 months ago I traded in my 2000 Focus (which I loved!) with around 112k on it for a Focus SES. I absolutely love this one even more than I expected! I test drove it and wasn't going home without it and ever since then that car for sure gets heads turning! It has great pickup, good gas mileage, love the controls on steering, and with the sport suspension takes turns like you wouldn't believe. I'm a big Focus fan and happy with my new car!

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2009 Ford Focus

The Ford Focus is one of those small cars that's fun to drive even though it doesn't have a high-horsepower engine. It gets good gas mileage, it has comfortable seats and its interior lighting looks great. So why can I only give it a partial thumbs-up? Despite the Focus' positive traits, a number of issues drag down my overall opinion of this car.

The Focus is offered in sedan and coupe body styles, and my test car was a Focus SES coupe. The starting price of this model is $17,865 but with options the as-tested price came to $20,615. To see a side-by-side comparison of the 2008 and 2009 Ford Focus, click here.

A Look the Kids Will Love?
The Ford Focus coupe received a number of styling changes... Read More